Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 167353 times)

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Cat blog
Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #1470 on: January 13, 2014, 11:12:38 AM »
Dear Stephen,

Further to our last note: If you are having a funny 48 hours please stop. Yowls from inside a metal cannister sound very odd, and Daddy did not appreciate rescuing you at 2am when you knocked the entire swing lid off the bedroom bin and got stuck in it upside down. That bin is not much wider than you are!

Yes it is now on top of the wardrobe until we find a new lid you can't open.

Regards,
Mum (sleep deprived)

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1471 on: January 13, 2014, 01:32:53 PM »
Dear Sassy:

What's with sinking your fangs into the extra toilet paper rolls on the stand beside the toilet?  It makes it very difficult to unroll the paper when I need to use it!

Stop it!

The one who cleans your litter box.

Dear Sassy,

Biting the extra rolls are only the beginning.  You should graduate to pulling the roll off the stand, shredding much of it, and dragging it all over the house.  Trust me, that really gets the hoomans excited  >:D .

Yours,
Gracie

Ah, memories...

I used to come home to a house full of shredded tissue when mine were kittens. I had to hide the stuff for a while. <sniff> They grow up so fast.

I've had this silly cat for coming up on three years and she's just started doing this.  She's driving me nuts with her chewing/mouthing obsession right now.  I just gave her some new catnip toys so hopefully, that'll help.
Is she Siamese or Siamese mix?  Siamese will chew random things (mine was into socks) and research seems to indicate that it might be caused by a trace nutrient deficiency.  You might consider switching her to a premium cat food and/or ask her vet about a vitamin supplement.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1472 on: January 13, 2014, 01:37:03 PM »
She's a tuxedo but I'm convinced she has some meezer in her. She's very vocal and has the meezer attitude.  Boy, does she have the meezer attitude  ::).  She's on a premium food but I might ask about it the next time I hit the pet store.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Firecat

« Reply #1473 on: January 13, 2014, 01:39:49 PM »
She's a tuxedo but I'm convinced she has some meezer in her. She's very vocal and has the meezer attitude.  Boy, does she have the meezer attitude  ::).  She's on a premium food but I might ask about it the next time I hit the pet store.

If you're in the US and she's a "domestic shorthair," the chances she has some Siamese ancestry are, as I understand it, pretty good. Back in the 20s, Siamese cats were extremely popular, and so they interbred heavily with the "regular" cat population.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #1474 on: January 13, 2014, 01:57:18 PM »

I've heard that tuxies tend to have Siamese in them.  This makes sense for the tuxies I've known (n=2)
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult); Zuul (F); Magpie (M); Balrog (M); Nazgul (F)

OSUJillyBean

« Reply #1475 on: January 14, 2014, 02:12:49 PM »
Dear BeanKitty (Lucy),

Your job in the winter is to snuggle under the covers with me and keep me warm.  Do not listen to Not-the-Mama.  Sleeping with cats snuggled up to your chest like a teddy bear is neither weird nor unhygienic.

Love,
Mama

Free Range Hippy Chick

« Reply #1476 on: January 14, 2014, 03:02:50 PM »
Dear Free Range Hippy Cat,

If The Man is still in bed with you at lunchtime, it means that he is either working nightshift, or sick. Either way, it is not polite to wake him up on purpose, just to tell him that you would like some lunch. Come downstairs and talk to me about it. I have chicken, I have tuna, I have an opposable thumb, and I'm always the one to give you lunch. Why are you asking him?

Love
FRHChick

Texas Mom

« Reply #1477 on: January 14, 2014, 03:37:16 PM »
Dear Ulysses Basset Hound,

When you had your strokes between Christmas & New Years, I thought you were a goner.  I was wrong.

You're now blind and can't hear as well as you did, but you're doing just fine.  I DO suspect you're milking the situation, but you're a basset - what else should I expect?

You turn 13 in April.  I hope you're with us for another few years.

Love,
Mom

GreenHall

« Reply #1478 on: January 14, 2014, 04:01:11 PM »
Dear Renfield,

The potato chips are NOT going to suffocate in the plastic bag.  You do not need to tear holes in the bag to save them.  I would almost appreciate it if you ate some chips after destroying their bag, and then the ziploc that I put them into next.  Then you would have been going after the chips, rather than apparently just destroying the bag(s) for no apparent reason.  I put the second ziploc of chips in the cabinet, so I can be taught.

-The Can and Door Opener

greencat

« Reply #1479 on: January 14, 2014, 04:11:25 PM »
Dear tiny little Coffee Bean,

Why do you ignore fish and shrimp but go bat-guano crazy when the smell of lobster wafts by your little nose?  You went all crazy and bite-y on me!  You immediately resumed being your normal cuddly adorable self when the lobster was all eaten (by me, not you!) and removed from the room.

Love,

Human mama, who unlike cat mama, still feeds you.

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #1480 on: January 16, 2014, 02:51:31 PM »
Dear Sophie,

I'm starting to get worried about your flashes of brilliance. I am, however, terribly impressed that you've figured out how to get more use out of your puzzle toy by dropping your mylar foil balls into it. What's next, shoving toy mice in there to frustrate your sisters when they can't get them back out?

Actually, knowing you, you WILL.

Very glad you don't have opposable thumbs,
the Not-Furry One.
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch!

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #1481 on: January 21, 2014, 07:11:07 PM »
Dear Liliane,

Our cat, Buddy, also likes to combine toys.  He'll put his catnip mouse in Mommy's Crocs because it's fun to play with it in them.  Previously, the Real Midnight Kitty enjoyed creating toy combinations.  She was very dexterous for a cat.  She was able to rotate her claw around to pick up a ball of crumpled paper single-handedpawed.  We joked that Midnight ruled the roost because we all know that if cats had opposable thumbs they would rule the world.

Midnight was exquisitely beautiful and very clever.  Buddy is handsome, but dim. He lets the dog run the show. Heck, he even gives his catnip mouse to Honey Girl.  Not a good idea: Honey Girl is a Foxy Doxy (fox terrier/dachshund mix) and she can destroy a catnip mouse in less than 60 seconds. ;D

Sincerely,
The Zoo Keeper
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #1482 on: February 01, 2014, 01:03:20 PM »
Dear Sophie,

I'm glad you can entertain yourself. No, really, I am. But when entertaining yourself involves these steps:

1: find favorite mini tennis ball
2: drop favorite mini tennis ball down stairs and gleefully watch it THUMP down every stair
3: run down stairs at full speed to retrieve ball
4: repeat 2 and 3

...it gets a little annoying. Especially at 3 AM when people are trying to SLEEP. Can't you just go back to hiding toy mice under my bed or something? :P

Scritches,
the Not-Furry One.

PS: Yes, that new litter pan is nearly three feet long and holds thirty pounds of litter. Let's see you move THAT away from the wall.
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch!

greencat

« Reply #1483 on: February 01, 2014, 08:46:13 PM »
Dear Coffee Bean,

Since this is the view I'm often presented with while surfing, and often enough, while I'm sleeping:

Can you please stop farting?  You are an extraordinarily gassy kitten!

Love,

Your mattress.

camlan

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1484 on: February 02, 2014, 11:39:33 AM »
Fred,

While I am delighted that you think I can do anything, the truth is, I can't.

So all the meowing and pleading eyes in the world will not make it warm outside, or clear the screen porch from the icy snow.

You are stuck inside until spring. If that ever arrives.
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, “I’m possible!” –Audrey Hepburn