Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 192868 times)

Mad Goat Woman

• formerly Hamlet: The Original Emo
    • Mad Goat Woman
Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #1560 on: March 27, 2014, 12:15:34 AM »
Dear Ghostie Grey

Why oh why must you sit on me and play with my fabric while I'm trying to pin it?

Love,
Mummy.

Captains Flat, Australia

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #1561 on: March 27, 2014, 06:45:26 AM »
Dear Sophie,

Yes, I put a harness on you. Yes, I laughed hysterically at you when you rolled about and gave me flabbergasted looks. No, I'm not going to apologize, because you are not injured in the least, not even your dignity.

Tee hee,
the Not-Furry One.

Dear Hairless Ape:

Red clashes with my glorious calicosity. Please correct.

Love,
Cat with Taste

;D ;D ;D

It was the only harness we have in the house that would fit her - she's become a rather large cat. Not fat, just large. Amusingly enough, that's also the harness that my mother's miniature poodle used to wear... ;D

That's what's offending her the most!  Cats see dogs as inferior beings.

daen

« Reply #1562 on: March 27, 2014, 09:15:11 AM »
Dear Sophie,

Yes, I put a harness on you. Yes, I laughed hysterically at you when you rolled about and gave me flabbergasted looks. No, I'm not going to apologize, because you are not injured in the least, not even your dignity.

Tee hee,
the Not-Furry One.

Dear Hairless Ape:

Red clashes with my glorious calicosity. Please correct.

Love,
Cat with Taste

;D ;D ;D

It was the only harness we have in the house that would fit her - she's become a rather large cat. Not fat, just large. Amusingly enough, that's also the harness that my mother's miniature poodle used to wear... ;D

That's what's offending her the most!  Cats see dogs as inferior beings.

Cats see everyone as inferior beings. Dogs are especially low on the list, though.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1563 on: March 27, 2014, 09:23:16 AM »
Dear Mocha,

What possessed you to go caving in my dresser? At 11:30 PM? While I was in bed, nearly asleep? All I heard was a few thumps and some scraping as you tried to get out with your claws. I assure you the dressers will remained closed to you.

Baffled,

Mom

greencat

« Reply #1564 on: March 27, 2014, 02:50:27 PM »
Dear Momcat,

Although I greatly enjoy the small piles of marshmallow fluff you've gifted me with this time, please be aware that I am scheduling an appointment to have you spayed ASAP. 
There will be no more extractions of kittens from my walls and ceiling!

Love,

The human you adopted.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1565 on: March 27, 2014, 03:22:23 PM »
^So glad the marshmallow fluff kittens were rescued and hope the damage wasn't too great.

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #1566 on: March 27, 2014, 05:26:49 PM »
Dear Pris,

Standing on my dresser so you can peer out of the bedroom door and yell at me when I walk in the front door is freaking adorable. Also kind of annoying, but still adorable.

Dear Mikey,

Turning up the cute to eleven this afternoon so I had to stop watching YouTube and pet you is also annoying and adorable.

I'm not sure why you guys feel the need to be so pettable lately, but it is a little worrying. If you are planning on taking over the world, can you do it quietly, so Mama can sleep? Thanks!
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

GreenHall

« Reply #1567 on: March 28, 2014, 02:34:54 PM »
Dear Momcat,

Although I greatly enjoy the small piles of marshmallow fluff you've gifted me with this time, please be aware that I am scheduling an appointment to have you spayed ASAP. 

Love,

The human you adopted.

Have I missed where marshmallow fluff pictures have been posted? That would be terrible.  If I have not missed photos, then my understanding of the unwritten rules is that, having mentioned marshmallow fluff kittens, you owe us pictures.  (and perhaps further detail on wall and ceiling extractions...)

I do see the one marshmallow in your name box - just makes me want more!

greencat

« Reply #1568 on: March 28, 2014, 06:28:15 PM »
Dear Momcat,

Love,

The human you adopted.

Have I missed where marshmallow fluff pictures have been posted? That would be terrible.  If I have not missed photos, then my understanding of the unwritten rules is that, having mentioned marshmallow fluff kittens, you owe us pictures.  (and perhaps further detail on wall and ceiling extractions...)

Pictures!

http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=132978.msg3127630

Alli8098

« Reply #1569 on: March 28, 2014, 06:42:46 PM »
Dear Momcat,

Love,

The human you adopted.

Pictures!

http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=132978.msg3127630

Sweet babies, our Isabelle was an unexpected kitten when the momma cat managed to escape her owner's apartment.  That little momma I believe had 7 or 8 kittens, a bunch of calico females and some orange striped little boys.  DH fell in love with the little quiet female with the pink nose and lips who was acting so quiet and sweet.  Little did we know she was just worn out and we adopted what we think was the alpha of the litter.  Imagine our surprise when the little ball of fluff could intimidate our large yellow lab and bully the adult cats out of their food.  This is the same cat who was zooming around the house after coming out of anesthesia when we had her spayed.  She's six years old now and fearless as ever!  Enjoy those little balls of marshmallow fluff while they are still little.  ;)

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #1570 on: March 28, 2014, 06:44:23 PM »
Oh my goodness! They are so adorable! So fluffy and wee and eeeeeee! <3
~I'm just standing with you, in the darkness between battles~

pierrotlunaire0

• I'm the cat's aunt!
« Reply #1571 on: March 31, 2014, 12:35:01 PM »
Dear Mr. Dudley,

I know that you consider anything on the floor to be a cat toy, and you have decreed that this applies to my slippers.  But I was wearing said slipped at the time.  Trying to get ready for work while a cat has his front legs wrapped around my ankle as he licks my ankle is one of the most ticklish things I have ever experienced.

When I try to walk away, you are supposed to let go.  But not you!  You tighten your grip, and I look down to see that I am dragging you belly first across the bathroon floor, your back legs dangling behind you like you are a piece of toilet paper stuck on my slipper.

This is just too funny, and I have to get to work!
I have enough lithium in my medicine cabinet to power three cars across a sizeable desert.  Which makes me officially...Three Cars Crazy

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #1572 on: March 31, 2014, 12:45:30 PM »

DH fell in love with the little quiet female with the pink nose and lips who was acting so quiet and sweet.  Little did we know she was just worn out and we adopted what we think was the alpha of the litter.  Imagine our surprise when the little ball of fluff could intimidate our large yellow lab and bully the adult cats out of their food.  This is the same cat who was zooming around the house after coming out of anesthesia when we had her spayed.  She's six years old now and fearless as ever!  Enjoy those little balls of marshmallow fluff while they are still little.  ;)

Ha!  We learned that with baby Jack: never adopt a half-asleep kitten. You never know what you're going to get when it wakes up. His kittenhood nickname was "Mr. Fish-hooks."

We hired Luna specifically to drain off his energy.
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #1573 on: March 31, 2014, 05:59:14 PM »
Dear Sophie,

You have caused me to formulate the Kitten Theorem, which goes as such: if a kitten weighs nine pounds, it will feel like at least twice that when said kitten jumps unexpectedly onto your lap.

Related, how the heck do you ONLY weigh nine pounds?

Dear Lily,

You have gained half a pound. I can now upgrade you to eighteen pounds of anger in a six-pound body. I'm sure this pleases you.

Dear Branwen,

You weigh as much as the kitten. This is a good thing, as you were previously a whole twelve pounds and rather tubby. It still doesn't make it terribly pleasant for you to tromp all over me while you purr your fool head off, though.

Dear Rika,

Are you seven and a half pounds of cat, or seven and a half pounds of cotton candy fluff? :P

Putting the scale away for another six months,
the Not-Furry One.
~I'm just standing with you, in the darkness between battles~

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #1574 on: March 31, 2014, 06:16:09 PM »
And speaking of Luna, with 20 pounds of cat and one-inch-square paws, one of her nicknames is "PSI cat."

(That's pounds-per-square-inch, not psychic.)
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.