News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• August 22, 2017, 06:39:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 601818 times)

magicdomino

Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #1710 on: July 10, 2014, 10:14:00 AM »
Dear Mom,

We blame Dad too.

Love,

Harley and Mocha

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #1711 on: July 10, 2014, 10:28:53 AM »
Dear kitties,

Dad knows he is in trouble.

Mom
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

spookycatlady

« Reply #1712 on: July 15, 2014, 09:04:29 AM »
Dear Clyde 2,

Please stop dropping your squishy toys in your water dish and bringing them to me in bed at night.  For that matter, please note that I am a terrible partner for elastic band fetch at 3 AM.  Also, stop trying to eat the blankets. 

damply yours,
Fud bringer ladee

greencat

• Trap...Neuter...What was that third thing again?
« Reply #1713 on: July 15, 2014, 02:35:01 PM »
Dear Coffee Bean,

Biting my wrist is not a good way to get my attention for pets.

On another note, what did you do with your collar?  I didn't want to go to the store today.

Love,

Your Human Mommy.

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #1714 on: July 17, 2014, 03:29:10 AM »
Dear Stephen,

I shall dispose of the soggy remains of your largest prey, left scattered in wet pieces across the lounge floor. It was several times your size although you certainly had the weight and mobility advantage. But if you could talk I would have only one question for you, cat.

Why have you half-eaten the cardboard furniture box?

Regards,
Mum.
Hoping there will not be another vet trip needed.

greencat

« Reply #1715 on: July 17, 2014, 07:20:55 AM »
Dear Coffee Bean,

I'm (not) sorry that I had to take that gecko away from you.  He was still quite alive though tailless.  I am fond of my household geckos as they are far more effective at killing small bugs than you are.  I do not like it when you bring toys into the bedroom.  I also don't like the subsequent horking that happens after one of you eats a lizard. 

Love,
The zookeeper.

Arila

« Reply #1716 on: July 17, 2014, 12:15:56 PM »
Dear Ewok,

I am glad to see that there are no hard feelings about the botched hair cut. I'm sure those uneven patches will grow out soon. Maybe next time we should do the "limp kitty" routine at the beginning of the clip instead of at the end. wiggling so much does not lead to an even coat.

Love,
Your personal groomer.

Miss Understood

« Reply #1717 on: July 17, 2014, 10:02:36 PM »
Cleo - I wuv you and the nose kissies are sweet but you have a really rough tongue.  Also I will get up when I get up - stop love-biting my fingers.

songbird

« Reply #1718 on: July 19, 2014, 08:07:12 AM »
Duchess dear,

That ball of twine is not a toy.  I know you think it's fun to pick it up and let it unravel as you walk from room to room, but sweetie, it's  not a toy for your amusement.

Elfmama

• Derailing threads since 2001!
« Reply #1719 on: July 19, 2014, 10:31:25 AM »
Duchess dear,

That ball of twine is not a toy.  I know you think it's fun to pick it up and let it unravel as you walk from room to room, but sweetie, it's  not a toy for your amusement.
My mother once left her knitting bag open and the cats got hold of 2 balls of yarn.  We came home from an outing and there was yarn everywhere. They had chased and batted and thrown those balls of yarn until they were completely unraveled, wound around every piece of furniture in the living room, dining room, and kitchen, crossing the floor 17 times at 4 different heights.  It looked like an "installation" by some modern artist, or a mad spiderweb  spun by a spider the size of a rottweiler. 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Common sense is not a gift, but a curse.  Because then
you have to deal with all the people who don't have it.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #1720 on: July 19, 2014, 10:55:37 AM »
Duchess dear,

My mother once left her knitting bag open and the cats got hold of 2 balls of yarn.  We came home from an outing and there was yarn everywhere. They had chased and batted and thrown those balls of yarn until they were completely unraveled, wound around every piece of furniture in the living room, dining room, and kitchen, crossing the floor 17 times at 4 different heights.  It looked like an "installation" by some modern artist, or a mad spiderweb  spun by a spider the size of a rottweiler. 

My ex's mother was an avid knitter and fancier of Irish Soft-coated Wheaten Terriers.  The last litter that was born while I was still dating her son was quite large, 10 puppies if I remember right.  She would barricade them in the kitchen with baby gates once they were old enough to eat puppy food.  One afternoon we came home from shopping to find that her baby gates could not contain a litter quite as large and determined as this one.  They had rushed the gate, pushed it over and gotten into Janet's knitting bag.  So. Much. Yarn. 

It was everywhere.  Around every table and chair leg, around every houseplant and doorstop.  It was awful and hilarious, I wish I'd taken a picture but this was pre-cellphone camera times.  Those rotten puppies lol.

"After all this time?"
"Always."

greencat

« Reply #1721 on: July 19, 2014, 02:43:07 PM »
Dear Coffee Bean,

I am glad that you have finally forgiven me for getting you spayed, but you seem to be taking lessons from Princess (so named because she is a royal pain in the rear) about where to sleep.  On my lap is fine.  Next to me is fine.  On top of my back or side or stomach or legs while I'm sleeping is fine.  Places that are not fine:  On my pillow.  On my head.  On my shoes that I'm trying to put on.  Right in the middle of the bed when I'm trying to get in it.  On the food dish (and preventing the other cats from getting to it.)  BTW, stop biting your brothers when they try to give you baths.

Love,

Your human mommy.

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
« Reply #1722 on: July 21, 2014, 01:01:25 PM »
Dear Luna,

I know you are in love with the broom. You wail to get in the closet where he lives, sneak in there whenever you can, and spend all your time with him cuddling. That being said, I am Mom and while you live under my roof, I will not be allowing you to hang out with the broom unless you are supervised. If I catch you trying to nom on him again you will be in trouble young lady! Straw is bad for you.

Love,
Mom.

As a PS, do cats get pica? I swear this one would rather eat inedible things than her cat food.

Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

magicdomino

« Reply #1723 on: July 21, 2014, 01:11:12 PM »
Dear Luna,

I know you are in love with the broom. You wail to get in the closet where he lives, sneak in there whenever you can, and spend all your time with him cuddling. That being said, I am Mom and while you live under my roof, I will not be allowing you to hang out with the broom unless you are supervised. If I catch you trying to nom on him again you will be in trouble young lady! Straw is bad for you.

Love,
Mom.

As a PS, do cats get pica? I swear this one would rather eat inedible things than her cat food.

Yes, they do.  I've heard of cats eating dirt and wool.

greencat

« Reply #1724 on: July 21, 2014, 01:28:12 PM »
Dear Luna,

Love,
Mom.

Yes, they do.  I've heard of cats eating dirt and wool.

They will also sometimes start eating their cat litter, especially if it's the clay kind.  This can cause bowel obstruction, which has killed at least two cats belonging to friends of mine.  I suggest to people who tell me their cats are eating their litter what my mom's vet told her (her kitty got some very expensive surgery that fortunately saved her life) - switch to pine litter.  The aromatic oils in the pine typically render it inedible to our furry little friends.  It helps discourage dogs from eating out of the litter box as well...