Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 184603 times)

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #1770 on: September 02, 2014, 10:51:56 AM »
Dear Balrog,

Your brother and sister have been adopted. They're gone. They're not coming back. This is a *happy* thing.

Please stop wandering the house with those heartbreaking mews looking for them.

Love,
The person who swears you will get a good home, too
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult);  Balrog, Rooney, Rascal, Rocket (M)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1771 on: September 02, 2014, 11:37:36 AM »
Oh, my poor heart.  :'( Hugs to Balrog.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #1772 on: September 02, 2014, 11:54:41 AM »

Balrog is getting all the hugs. He's very clingy right now. Poor thing. He even tried hanging out with Luna for company.
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult);  Balrog, Rooney, Rascal, Rocket (M)

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #1773 on: September 02, 2014, 12:31:21 PM »

Balrog is getting all the hugs. He's very clingy right now. Poor thing. He even tried hanging out with Luna for company.

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at that image

Miss Understood

« Reply #1774 on: September 02, 2014, 06:49:21 PM »
Poor baby Balrog!    :'(  I hope he finds his forever home soon and lives happily ever after.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #1775 on: September 02, 2014, 09:01:05 PM »
To all my furbabies,

I don't know which one of you did it or where is at, but I know one of you killed a lizard and hid it somewhere. That most likely rules out the little princess as she likes to eat her lizard delicacies with great flourish. Please consider copying princess's disposal technique.

Also, you can quit being mad at me for trimming your nails.  You all were sticking to everything including the carpet, clothes, and the sofa. It was way past time.

Love,
Your human
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #1776 on: September 04, 2014, 02:41:49 PM »
To all my furbabies,

I don't know which one of you did it or where is at, but I know one of you killed a lizard and hid it somewhere. That most likely rules out the little princess as she likes to eat her lizard delicacies with great flourish. Please consider copying princess's disposal technique.

Also, you can quit being mad at me for trimming your nails.  You all were sticking to everything including the carpet, clothes, and the sofa. It was way past time.

Love,
Your human

But mummy,

We liked playing velcro!

Regards,
the fuzzy ones

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #1777 on: September 04, 2014, 03:01:56 PM »
To Princess and Fluffybutt,

You are not getting fed everytime I walk in or through the kitchen. You're just not. Yes I know you prefer gooshy food, but you have a whole bowl of kibble.  I know you like it, I've seen you eat it when you think I'm not looking.

Love,
Your human

P. S. Princess, I do appreciate you finding your sister's stash of dead lizards. That still only earned you one extra can of gooshy food...  you've already eaten it.

Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Amara

« Reply #1778 on: September 04, 2014, 03:17:20 PM »
Dear Human,

The rule is that one lizard = one can of gooshy food.

Love, Princess

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #1779 on: September 05, 2014, 03:32:40 AM »
Dear Stephen,

I know you've had a quiet few days, while your sister drank tea, stole muffins, climbed curtains and vanished the giant spider of death. (It disappeared. We think she ate it.) I should have known you were saving up.

Coming into the lounge last night to find you rubbing your head all over my mobile as if it was made of catnip was a surprise. Once I had extracted it from your grasp, I was even more surprised to find there was a call in progress. It seems you were calling your other staff member who was a little late home from work.

I confirmed this when it rang a few minutes later from a very confused DH. He played me the message when he got back: two minutes of heavy purring, rubbing noises, and then me asking what you are doing with my phone. And having heard it, I am so very glad you didn't call anyone else.

Regards,
Your staff (who've already had to move the landline because you liked standing on redial buttons and meowing. You do know people can't stroke you through the phone right?)

Melle

« Reply #1780 on: September 05, 2014, 05:14:31 AM »
I confirmed this when it rang a few minutes later from a very confused DH. He played me the message when he got back: two minutes of heavy purring, rubbing noises, and then me asking what you are doing with my phone. And having heard it, I am so very glad you didn't call anyone else.

For what it's worth... that is one awesome call. I would have squeed so loudly it probably would have made Stephen jump to the ceiling.

Dear cat,
I'll help you get out of my formerly freshly laundered shirt as soon as I can stop laughing at the sight of you trying to get out by yourself.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #1781 on: September 05, 2014, 07:36:04 AM »
Dear Human,

The rule is that one lizard = one can of gooshy food.

Love, Princess

It seems I've been corrected.   Princess got her two extra cans of gooshy food last night.   She was very happy.  :P

gingerzing

« Reply #1782 on: September 05, 2014, 09:20:12 AM »
Dear feline fuzzy ones -
Yes, it has cooled down finally that we can open the windows (just a crack of 3-inches or less since Rosie has shoved her older sister Darcy out the screen once.) 
And yes, I moved my TV tray right by the window for one or the other of you to perch.
I even moved the curtain a bit out of the way so you can look and sniff to your hearts' content. 
However, I am not putting a blanket, towel or pillow on the tray.  You are not THAT spoiled.(I am quite aware that the other cat not on the tray by that window will either sit on the back of the dog's chair or on my end table and move the stuff on the table and curtain over by herself.)

And Darcy (older cat who is normally terrified of  most things) be nice to the dog if it starts to really storm.  I know you like the thunder and lightening, but Sadie-dog doesn't.

Love  -
The momma

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1783 on: September 05, 2014, 04:21:12 PM »

For what it's worth... that is one awesome call. I would have squeed so loudly it probably would have made Stephen jump to the ceiling.

Dear cat,
I'll help you get out of my formerly freshly laundered shirt as soon as I can stop laughing at the sight of you trying to get out by yourself.

This had me laughing so hard. Thank you.

greencat

« Reply #1784 on: September 05, 2014, 05:38:36 PM »
Dear Coffee Bean,

Sleeping in the center of the back does not encourage me to get up and feed you any earlier in the morning.  If anything, it has the exact opposite effect.  You are far too light to perform the heavy-cat squishing that I think you're trying to do.

Thank you,
The management.