Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 204977 times)

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #195 on: February 15, 2011, 02:50:57 PM »
Dear Louis,

Please stop hitting the snooze button on my alarm clock. I ran an hour late this morning.  Yeah I know you get more snuggle time when I accidently sleep in. But stop, it only serves to make me mad at you in the morning. Oh, and the mastiff is not a cat shuttle so please stop riding her around.
[/b]

If there's ever a moment just crying for a camera, that has to be it  ;D.

Here, Here!

Here's my note:

Dear Daisy,

Please nap next to me instead of on top of me.  When you spread yourself over me like you do I can't move.

and one for your sister:

Dear Minnie,

If you keep swatting at Daisy's tail as she goes by, I guarantee you're asking for trouble.

Love, She Who Buys the Cat Food

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #196 on: February 15, 2011, 02:53:09 PM »
Dear Jack:

Yes, we call you Butthead. You know why? Because you ARE a Butthead. The infrequent moments when you rub affectionately against my ankles invariably segue into biting my leg.

Stop it, or I'll call Luna over to beat you up. That's what we hired her for, after all.

Signed,
The Other Big Pink Thing.
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #197 on: February 15, 2011, 04:06:41 PM »
Dear Jack:

Yes, we call you Butthead. You know why? Because you ARE a Butthead. The infrequent moments when you rub affectionately against my ankles invariably segue into biting my leg.

Stop it, or I'll call Luna over to beat you up. That's what we hired her for, after all.

Signed,
The Other Big Pink Thing.

Heh - i used to cat sit for my neighbors, and they had this very large, white cat with orange spots.  He was declawed, but an outside cat.  You'd see him, and he was friendly, and nice, and then as you walked away, he'd race up and bit you on the ankle!  SO i told my neighbor He would now be known as "Ankle Biter"

happygrrl

• Happy Girlie OI OI OI
« Reply #198 on: February 15, 2011, 05:17:49 PM »
Oh, and the mastiff is not a cat shuttle so please stop riding her around. 

The mental picture is priceless. Pics, pretty please.  :)
"I am the laziest person on Earth. I want to learn to photosynthesize so I can buy a sun lamp and survive without getting out of bed."  M-theory 11/23/10

Hushabye

• Super Hero!
« Reply #199 on: February 15, 2011, 05:29:14 PM »
Dear Tesla,

I know that the top of the bookshelf next to my side of the bed is your new all-time favorite perch from which to do your "Bat-Cat" impression.  However, when you get up there in gargoyle mode as I'm getting ready for bed, you know that I'm getting ready to turn off the light, which means you're going to be getting back down off the 6' tall shelf all by your lonesome in the dark.  Please reconsider this nightly course of action, as I'm getting tired (HA!) of you inevitably knocking books off the shelf -- what did Little House on the Prairie ever do to you?! -- and landing on one or more portions of my anatomy.  The night you landed on my head was particularly unappreciated, and if I had been more awake, Prometheus would probably be an only cat right about now.

Thanks,
Your humble female human servant, who is contemplating leading a rebellion, complete with torches and pitchforks (because I've always wanted to run a mob with torches and pitchforks)

LeeLee88

« Reply #200 on: February 15, 2011, 07:44:55 PM »
Dear Tesla,

I know that the top of the bookshelf next to my side of the bed is your new all-time favorite perch from which to do your "Bat-Cat" impression.  However, when you get up there in gargoyle mode as I'm getting ready for bed, you know that I'm getting ready to turn off the light, which means you're going to be getting back down off the 6' tall shelf all by your lonesome in the dark.  Please reconsider this nightly course of action, as I'm getting tired (HA!) of you inevitably knocking books off the shelf -- what did Little House on the Prairie ever do to you?! -- and landing on one or more portions of my anatomy.  The night you landed on my head was particularly unappreciated, and if I had been more awake, Prometheus would probably be an only cat right about now.

Thanks,
Your humble female human servant, who is contemplating leading a rebellion, complete with torches and pitchforks (because I've always wanted to run a mob with torches and pitchforks)

Oh, you have my sympathies.  Our girl enjoys things of this nature as well.  Isn't it just the bee's knees? >_<  We're going to find them crushed under the bookshelves someday, aren't we?   :(

DistantStar

« Reply #201 on: February 15, 2011, 08:01:34 PM »
Dear Sapphire,

You are a lovely cat and I adore you.  But I do not need you reminding me every morning that it's dawn.  I do not get up at dawn in the winter, on work days I'm usually up before it.  In the summer, it's way earlier than I get up.

You can get up, but please don't yowl at me to do the same!

Hushabye

• Super Hero!
« Reply #202 on: February 15, 2011, 09:45:34 PM »
Dear Tesla,

Thanks,

Oh, you have my sympathies.  Our girl enjoys things of this nature as well.  Isn't it just the bee's knees? >_<  We're going to find them crushed under the bookshelves someday, aren't we?   :(

I'm actually going to fasten the bookshelves to the walls to prevent it.  Because otherwise either he's going to knock the darned thing over on himself or I'm going to have a heart attack thinking he is.  *laughs*

AnnaT

« Reply #203 on: February 16, 2011, 12:08:52 AM »
Dear Tesla,

Thanks,

I'm actually going to fasten the bookshelves to the walls to prevent it.  Because otherwise either he's going to knock the darned thing over on himself or I'm going to have a heart attack thinking he is.  *laughs*

I just wish with mine!  He has taken to waking me up at 4am by removing books from the bookshelf - I know he's smart but I don't think he's got reading mastered - damned if he isn't going to try though!  The gentle 'thock' as the book hits the ground (he apparently doesn't appreciate a good Shelley Laurenston) is really annoying at 4am...

Germane Jackson

« Reply #204 on: February 16, 2011, 12:47:05 AM »
Dear Angel,

I know you think your new trick is really funny, but I don't...ok I might have laughed the first few times but it has to stop. You look absolutely adorable sitting on top of the fridge--that's fine. What's not fine is catching you in the act of opening the freezer door pulling stuff out.

Lynnv

« Reply #205 on: February 16, 2011, 01:28:41 AM »
Dear Tesla,

Thanks,

Harry reminds me of a feline version of snoopy doing the 'vulture in the trees' bit from Peanuts.  I keep trying to remind him that unaided feline flight is just as out of reach as unaided human flight...but I think that Harry believes he has some kind of X-Cat mutant powers and will be able to fly around the room if he tumbles off of the shelves.   I have been trying to convince Harry that perching on the shelf that is full of Heinlein and Asimov will NOT protect him, no matter how much RAH liked cats when he was still alive.   ::)
Lynn

"Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat."  Robert A. Heinlein

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #206 on: February 16, 2011, 04:16:54 PM »
When I'm looking for a pair of socks in my top dresser drawer Minnie likes to sit on top of the dresser and do a "Snoopy-vulture" pose with her nose down lower than the top of the dresser.  I just know that one time she's going to fall into the drawer. 

She once fell asleep on top of a box next to a trash can, rolled over, and fell into the trash can.  Mr. Sirius and I were terrible - we laughed as he fished her out of the trash can.  She had this bewildered look on her face like "What happened?"

stargazer

• Super Hero!
« Reply #207 on: February 16, 2011, 04:21:13 PM »
Hey Smokey?  I know you throwing up this morning is not your fault.  But when the kitchen linoleum floor is ONE foot away from the spot on the carpet where you threw up your breakfast, I was not too happy.  Really bud?  You couldn't move one foot and make my morning easier?

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #208 on: February 18, 2011, 01:52:05 PM »
Mine do that, too.  I think they want to make sure we're not bored.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #209 on: February 18, 2011, 02:17:02 PM »
Dear Jack,

It's adorable how much you look like Toothless in How to Train Your Dragon. But please try to remember that technically, your name is more like Toothful.

Signed,
Your pillow/snack.
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.