Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 190507 times)

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #225 on: March 18, 2011, 06:08:01 AM »
Dear Stephen,

You are a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, furry thing and I will never complain about you waking me up in the middle of the night again - at least for a few months. Just please, the next time you need to tell someone about stranger danger and someone you don't recognise in the back garden at 5am, wake Dad up as well.

And enjoy your roast chicken.

Regards,
Mummy

camlan

• Super Hero!
« Reply #226 on: March 18, 2011, 07:55:30 AM »
Dear Stephen,

You are a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, furry thing and I will never complain about you waking me up in the middle of the night again - at least for a few months. Just please, the next time you need to tell someone about stranger danger and someone you don't recognise in the back garden at 5am, wake Dad up as well.

And enjoy your roast chicken.

Regards,
Mummy

Stephen alerted to you an intruder? Good boy! Extra scritches for you!

I hope everyone is safe and well.
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, “I’m possible!” –Audrey Hepburn

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #227 on: March 18, 2011, 10:02:27 AM »
Stephen alerted to you an intruder? Good boy! Extra scritches for you!

I hope everyone is safe and well.
Everyone's fine. He just kept trying to wake me up until I gave in and went downstairs. I shone the torch out of the window thinking it was a fox and caught a glimpse of what I think was a set of legs - from the knee down - legging it up the garden. I wasn't going out to check at that time in the morning, but he calmed down after that. We let the neighbours know.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 10:04:04 AM by atirial »

Fliss

• Australia - the land that time forgot.
« Reply #228 on: May 22, 2011, 08:14:19 AM »

Dear Matey:

You sweet, wonderful, lovely dog! It's only been a few months and you've coped with the bucklets very well.

Especially today, when the chickens escaped into the yard and wandered around, and you didn't even so much as blink at them. We are so pleased and proud of you.
Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Only me

« Reply #229 on: May 22, 2011, 12:54:26 PM »
Dear Dog 1,

Lay down does not mean drape yourself all over me and the computer.

Dear Dog 2,

Lay down DOES not mean, sit on your brother, who has decided to try and drape himself across the computer on my lap.

Love Mom.

Kariachi

« Reply #230 on: May 22, 2011, 02:53:27 PM »
Dear Siara,

Yes, you are the great, black hunter. Yes, it is constantly wet outside this time of year. Still, please do not bring the prey inside to hunt anymore.

Thank you,
Achi

PS: Leave the baby rabbits alone this year. I know they are cuddly, but I can't take the screaming anymore.

~

Dear Fry-Cat,

Please stop whining all the time, it will not get you anywhere with this household. It just ticks people off.

If you would,
Aunt Achi
"Heh. Forgive our manners, little creature — that we may well kill and eat you is no excuse for rudeness."

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #231 on: May 22, 2011, 07:05:34 PM »
Dear Siara,

Yes, you are the great, black hunter. Yes, it is constantly wet outside this time of year. Still, please do not bring the prey inside to hunt anymore.

Thank you,
Achi

PS: Leave the baby rabbits alone this year. I know they are cuddly, but I can't take the screaming anymore.

My former kitty used to do the baby rabbit thing too - this is a funny one; and the rabbit was ok.  One time I saw him in the backyard, and heard this horrible screaming.  Boris had a poor baby bunny in his mouth, and it was making a LOT of noise.  Dumb kitty opened his mouth, bunny fell out and ran away, and dumb kitty proceeded to wander around the yard for a good half hour looking for it!  I kept telling him it was long gone, but he clearly dide't believe me.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #232 on: May 22, 2011, 07:54:34 PM »
Dear Siara,

Thank you,
Achi

~

Dear Fry-Cat,

Please stop whining all the time, it will not get you anywhere with this household. It just ticks people off.

If you would,
Aunt Achi

Kariachi

« Reply #233 on: May 22, 2011, 10:44:49 PM »
My former kitty used to do the baby rabbit thing too - this is a funny one; and the rabbit was ok.  One time I saw him in the backyard, and heard this horrible screaming.  Boris had a poor baby bunny in his mouth, and it was making a LOT of noise.  Dumb kitty opened his mouth, bunny fell out and ran away, and dumb kitty proceeded to wander around the yard for a good half hour looking for it!  I kept telling him it was long gone, but he clearly dide't believe me.

I wish Siara would be so nice. She brings them inside, then just watches them until they stop moving. When she leaves, they start screaming for their little mommas'. So we end up with a screaming bunny in our house and no way to find it.

She also brought in a bird about her size when she was younger. Great, black hunter she is.
"Heh. Forgive our manners, little creature — that we may well kill and eat you is no excuse for rudeness."

Íkorna

« Reply #234 on: May 25, 2011, 02:40:59 PM »
Dear Cat,

I'm used to loud thuds and clunking noises. But the CRASH and shattering of glass sound? Yeah, I was scared to see what exactly you'd gotten yourself into. You've topped yourself this time, kitty. I have no idea how you managed to push a heavy jar of sugar larger than my head into the drainboard. At least the glass jar is all right and it was only the cup in the drainboard that met its destruction. Oh, and thanks for hopping into the sink while I tried to clean out the mounds and mounds of sugar (think enough to fill several large glasses)-- I should have realized it was playtime!

Though I suppose this isn't quite as bad as the time you crawled out the window onto the second floor roof, you dopey indoor cat you. And come to think of it, you did look awfully cute with that 'What just happened?' look when I came into the kitchen...

Hopefully my fingers will stop being sticky and tasting of sugar sometime soon.

Your humble servant,
Íkorna

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #235 on: May 25, 2011, 03:03:39 PM »
Dear Kittens,

Last night, when the tornado sirens were going off and we were preparing to move down to the basement, we captured all five of you and put you into a cardboard cat carrier.

I fully expected a few hours of outraged meeping. Instead, you all decided this was a nice snug warm place to cuddle with your sibs, and went to sleep.

Thank you.

Signed,
The Big Pink Thing
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.

stkatie00

« Reply #236 on: May 25, 2011, 04:44:50 PM »
Darling Hero,
Yes, I know that (even after living with us for nearly 2 years, and at a foster home for a few months before that) you don't believe that you will always be fed because of your time on the streets.  But trust me, you will.  No, we really don't need you knocking everything you can off of all raised horizontal surfaces in the hour or so before you get your dinner.  Nor do you need to start crying at the door to the bedroom at 4 am-it's not going to get you fed any faster.  Oh, and knocking the lamp off the bedside table means you're not getting bedroom privileges back any time soon.

Also, I know that with Daddy gone, you're left home alone more often, and for longer periods of time, but Mommy needs her social life to stay sane-you help, but human company is just a little bit better.  However, this does not mean that you get to start acting up and doing all those things you know you're not supposed to do.  Like scratching the chair/couch.  Or jumping up on the table.  Or jumping up on the kitchen counter, then up behind the microwave that's on top of the fridge, especially, since I can't easily shoo you off of that one!

Finally, yes, I know you want to be a big, bad hunter, but trying to claw through the window screen to get at the birds will only result in badness.  You won't get the birds, and if you succeed in getting rid of the screen, well, it's a loooong 4 stories down to the ground!!!  So, please, just watch the birds to your heart's content, and don't try to catch them!

Much love,
Mommy

P.S. I don't mean to laugh at your meow, but it really is the most pathetic meow I've ever heard, and makes me think we are starving you, but we're not.  I promise.

Schmoopie3928

• I eat Paste
« Reply #237 on: May 25, 2011, 05:00:49 PM »
Dear Sam,

You know mommy loves you there is no need to be jealous. I know it's been just you and me for many years but mommy has a forever friend. He is my husband, not yours and should be treated respectfully. Frankly, my darling sweet furball, your behavior lately has been quite inappropriate. Laying nose to nose with him and putting your paw on his face while he is sleeping is not acceptable behavior for a young lady. He is a married man and you should know better.

Love, mommy

Actually I dare say it's the cutest darn thing I have ever seen. :D

JadeAngel

« Reply #238 on: May 25, 2011, 08:44:31 PM »
To the Master of Disaster,

Okay, lets go through this One. More. Time. I can hear you clawing the rug, it doesn't matter if you are at the end near the door, just because I can't see you doesn't mean I can't hear your sharp little kitty claws ripping into the fabric.

When I say 'I can hear you!' this constitutes your first warning. If I make it up off the couch you better not be there when I get to the door, or you're getting an all expenses paid visit to the Bathroom Hilton.

Clear?

Good.

Knock it off!

AnnaT

« Reply #239 on: May 25, 2011, 09:54:04 PM »
Oscar

Deal with the new rug.  It's a patter!  No matter how many times you bat at it and scratch at it, that little blue flower is going to stay right where it is.  And you gotta admit, lying on the rug in front of the heater is a whole lot nicer than lying on floorboards!

Love
Mum