News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 22, 2017, 06:59:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 660670 times)

athersgeo

• No one told you when to run
Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #3225 on: August 01, 2017, 09:11:44 AM »
 :o

How on earth did she do that?!

On the upside, at least she tipped it onto the closed end. Oddy, bless him, would have probably tipped it onto its open end, both making a mess and trapping himself into the bargain. (I'm not saying my cat was stupid, but I've known smarter bricks...)

(Love the idea of Sophie using a brush and dustpan, though!)

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #3226 on: August 01, 2017, 09:32:28 AM »
A friend's dog got into a tussle with a porcupine; rural community, friend shot the porcupine.  Then discovered it had a baby.  So they brought the baby to my Dad, since he was a school teacher and known for looking after animals.

Spike (so named by Dad's students, later) was in a cardboard box.  We decided to leave him in there for the night and Dad would get the big cage down for him the next day.  Come down in the morning, box is exactly where we left it, completely intact and upright.  No Spike.  We don't know how he managed that; as far as we know, porcupines can't levitate.  Friend brought the dog over, which found Spike without getting nailed again.

So maybe Sophie was channeling Spike?

(Dad took Spike around to all the classes in the school, showing him off, then let him go in a local sanctuary area.  He was old enough to survive on his own.)
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

songbird

« Reply #3227 on: August 01, 2017, 11:30:48 AM »
Really, Redford, you don't think we humans talk to each other?

You looked at cute and innocent when I came home last night, greeting me on the front porch, following me into the house and meowing for your dinner.
the dinner you'd been fed ten minutes before I arrived home.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #3228 on: August 01, 2017, 05:24:17 PM »
Kronos,

I'm sorry to hear how sad you are, but I did need to save the tiny gecko. We don't have many of them, and he didn't deserve to die.

Keep howling,
Mom
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #3229 on: August 03, 2017, 03:09:46 AM »
Dear Cats,

Another morning like this and I will convert you into mittens.

Matilda decided to wake my by sitting on my pillow and purring. Then she stood up and stretched, leaving a backside print. Cue every sheet on the bed going straight into the wash.

And Sophie? From DH's point of view he was downstairs, when he heard a crash, then running paws and me saying bad words. He looked for you and saw a contrite little face peering out from behind the curtains...so he wandered upstairs, to find me standing blanky staring into the bedroom. All he could do was utter the immortal line:

"She's exploded your plants!"

Yep. Congrats, Sophie, that's twelve feet of plants in seperate pots, exploded off the side, soil everywhere, plants everywhere, and the mess spreading out of the door. How? And Matilda, stop looking so self-righteous. I haven't forgotten your mess.

Regards, Mum,
P.S. They made the mess before half-seven. It's taken over an hour to clean it up...and Sophie is still hiding behind the curtains (or possibly sunning herself, I'm not sure).

athersgeo

• No one told you when to run
« Reply #3230 on: August 03, 2017, 03:52:59 AM »
P.S. They made the mess before half-seven. It's taken over an hour to clean it up...and Sophie is still hiding behind the curtains (or possibly sunning herself, I'm not sure).

She's probably multi-tasking and doing both, there - though lucky her for actually having a sunbeam to enjoy. Looks like it's about to throw it down again at this end of the M4...

PS The ghost of Felix commends Sophie's efforts - the best she ever managed was six feet of seedlings...

songbird

« Reply #3231 on: August 03, 2017, 08:36:48 AM »
Dear neighborhood cats,

Knock it off already.  At least this time the caterwauling was at 11 PM, not 3 AM.  But from the sound of things...well, I wanted to cover Duchess' delicate ears, she's not used ot such rough language.

o_gal

« Reply #3232 on: August 04, 2017, 11:37:37 AM »
Dear Scampi,

Thank you for accessorizing DH's black polo shirt last night. I have since warned him that laying any fabric flat on the bed is an invitation for accessorization. The light grey hairs are very striking against the black.

Sincerely,
Hoomin who does the laundry

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #3233 on: August 12, 2017, 05:55:40 AM »
Dear Scampi,

Thank you for accessorizing DH's black polo shirt last night. I have since warned him that laying any fabric flat on the bed is an invitation for accessorization. The light grey hairs are very striking against the black.

Sincerely,
Hoomin who does the laundry
(I feel your pain. We resorted to buying everything in tabby for a while so the hairs didn't show up. Then we got Sophie. She's a black cat, and her fur shows up on everything...)

Dear Matilda,

Thank you for that wonderful trip to the vet. It may be the first time you have had your claws clipped, but since you were velcroing yourself to the carpet at each step it had to be done. We werent risking it, but the vet, all neat and span, said you were a sweet girl and took you into the back to do your claws.

Then she brought you back fifteen minutes later, still saying you were sweet and not a problem...with her bun falling apart and plasters visible. Please be nice to the vet. She loves you.

Regards,
Mum
(Who may have to buy the vet chocolate the next time claw-trimming time comes up.)

Chipmunky

« Reply #3234 on: August 17, 2017, 12:10:42 PM »
Dear Mopsy and Squirt,

Thank you for being so tolerant of Hoomin Kitten. I know her exceptional mobility (walk/running everywhere, climbing up on the couch) is startling as you have fewer and fewer safe spots to nap and lounge.  She has figured out nice hands, but still gets very excited/enthusiastic- thank you for tolerating the occasional accidental whap in the face as she tries to give you lots of pets and loves.

Mama Hoomin

Mopsy, (or "Moppy" as Hoomin Kitten called you once and has not yet said again),

Thank you for tolerating Hoomin Kitten chasing you about the couch and floor for kitteh snuggles/use the kitteh as a pillow. Thank you for holding still long enough for me to get photos.

(Yes, that's a 14.5 month old Chipmunchkin. Mopsy was not impressed that Chipmunchkin found her fur so cuddly and soft)

*Photo Poof*
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 07:45:18 AM by Chipmunky »

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #3235 on: August 17, 2017, 12:15:30 PM »
Is adorable! Thanks for sharing.

Ser Lucien Liliane

• The Unsleeping Translator
    • My tumblr
« Reply #3236 on: August 17, 2017, 12:40:51 PM »
Oh Chipmunky, that's priceless ;D

(Chipmunchkin is adorable!)
"Ah, yes. I forgot you've taken levels in Defeating Paperwork."

PastryGoddess

« Reply #3237 on: August 17, 2017, 07:02:25 PM »
That look on Mopsy's face is hilarious.  You know she's plotting her revenge...

L

« Reply #3238 on: August 17, 2017, 10:47:31 PM »
Love this, Chimpmunky!

Chipmunky

« Reply #3239 on: August 22, 2017, 08:06:05 AM »
Dear Squirt,

Thank you for getting in on the tolerance action as Hoomin Kitten wants to snuggle with you too.  She is conducting experiments on "which kitteh is a better pillow" and judging by the fact that she tried to use you not only as a pillow, but as her noble steed (not that you were having any of THAT in your comfy spot on the couch), I think you win.

Mama Hoomin

Tried to upload a photo, but it doesn't want to work. Will try again later!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 08:15:07 AM by Chipmunky »