News:

• April 19, 2018, 10:40:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 777841 times)

o_gal

Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #3330 on: December 15, 2017, 09:09:53 AM »
Dear Matilda,

I know cats like and boxes, but really? Pizza boxes?

How did you get yourself that flat? I didn't know you were in there until I looked down and saw the tail sticking out.

Regards,
Mum

Dear Mum

I thought you knew: cats is a liquid. We can take on any shape to fit any container.

Matilda

http://www.rheology.org/sor/publications/rheology_b/RB2014Jul.pdf

Start reading at page 16.

athersgeo

• No one told you when to run
« Reply #3331 on: December 15, 2017, 09:40:17 AM »
Dear Matilda,

How did you get yourself that flat? I didn't know you were in there until I looked down and saw the tail sticking out.

Regards,
Mum

Dear Mum

I thought you knew: cats is a liquid. We can take on any shape to fit any container.

Matilda

*giggles*

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #3332 on: December 15, 2017, 10:32:12 AM »
Dear Matilda,

Regards,
Mum

Dear Mum

Matilda

Thanks for that. ("Low affinity between cats and water surfaces" - love it!)

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy married to a Good Ethnic Boy!
« Reply #3333 on: December 15, 2017, 05:30:37 PM »
*cough* *choke* Sweet mother of Murgatroyd, April, you eat exactly the same food as Holly, so why does your ‘output’ stink so much worse?! And why do you insist on coming down the hallway to deposit it in the kitty litter in my room?! I swear, my nose hairs are crisping!
"Set aphasia to stun!"

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #3334 on: December 19, 2017, 01:28:46 PM »
Dear Robert,

Congrats. In your third day here you managed a spectaularly fine food-a-pult. Susie slid-skidded her plate down the stairs. Stephen just trod on the edge and sprayed food everywhere.

Neither of them managed a four-footed splash jump into a saucer of milk, followed by trying to conceal the crime by dragging the milk bowl...over a ruck in the carpet.

You're very cute, but right now there are a few discussions about cat-acquisitor's remorse...

Regards,
Mum.

Ser Lucien Liliane

• The Unsleeping Translator
    • My tumblr
« Reply #3335 on: December 19, 2017, 02:40:08 PM »
Dear Freya,

If you'd only let me remove those mats on your neck, we would not have the problem of you clawing yourself bloody trying to get them out.

Related, it wasn't exactly pleasant to be petting you, on the verge of sleep, and then abruptly feel something rather moist and sticky as you rolled over for belly rubs and my finger went right onto that wound on your neck. Yeuch.

At least you heal up easily, unlike some cats I could name...

Sigh,
the Not-Furry One.
"Ah, yes. I forgot you've taken levels in Defeating Paperwork."

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #3336 on: December 22, 2017, 09:26:31 AM »
Dear Robert,

We appreciate that you are a sharing, caring kitten. However, when we call you facehugger that's not entirely a compliment. You have ripped my glasses off twice, the second time proudly running off with them and requiring your dad to chase you down and return them.

Also please stop trying to forcefeed me kittenfood. Pressing your head against my face is catlike. Pressing a mouth and chin covered in kittenfood against my face is disgusting.

Regards,
Mum.

P.S. Yes, Sophie did knock you flying when you pounced on her tail. Yes, you did deserve it, and yes, Matilda's reaction was downright smug after all the times Sophie pounced on her tail...

songbird

« Reply #3337 on: January 02, 2018, 12:35:29 PM »
Duchess, dear,

There was a reason we told you not to eat the pretty, shiny confetti.  And it wasn't just because we wanted to feed the confetti to the monster vacuum cleaner.  Of course your tummy was upset.  Glad you're feeling better now, though daddy did not enjoy cleaning up the carpet at four in the morning.  And he's decided there will be no confetti next New Year's Eve.

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #3338 on: January 04, 2018, 02:34:52 PM »
Dear Cats,

Thank you for New Year. After all the hisses and growls and cautious sniffing it was a delightful surprise to find all three of you together peacefully with us in one room for the turn of midnight.

Since then you seem to have formed a real family: Robert the energetic kid, Sophie the too-cool-for-him older sister, and Granny Matilda, who spends most of her time snuggling Robert and swatting him if he plays with her tail too hard.

It's hard to believe it has only been four weeks since he arrived.

Regards,
Mum
P.S. More kitten photos will follow soon.

Twik

« Reply #3339 on: January 08, 2018, 01:44:37 PM »
Dear Spencer,

Since you're so happily ensconced on the heating pad I bought myself for Christmas, I assume I'm going to have to get you your own in order for mine to be returned?
"The sky's the limit. Your sky. Your limit. Now, let's dance!"

athersgeo

• No one told you when to run
« Reply #3340 on: January 08, 2018, 02:10:49 PM »
Dear Spencer,

Since you're so happily ensconced on the heating pad I bought myself for Christmas, I assume I'm going to have to get you your own in order for mine to be returned?

Dear Twik

Dis mine. Get yer own!

Spencer

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #3341 on: January 15, 2018, 02:28:33 AM »
Dear Robert,

After last weekend with Matilda at the vets, you are not allowed to be ill, OK? That said, kitten sneezes are very cute, and the extra laptop is nice.

Regards,
Mum
P.S. At least you get to meet the vet before she gices you the snip.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #3342 on: January 15, 2018, 07:01:57 AM »
Dear Robert,

After last weekend with Matilda at the vets, you are not allowed to be ill, OK? That said, kitten sneezes are very cute, and the extra laptop is nice.

Regards,
Mum

Dear Mum,

What is this 'snip' you speak of? I asked Matilda and she started laughing at me.

Sincerely,

Robert

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #3343 on: January 15, 2018, 02:27:02 PM »
Dear Robert,

Regards,
Mum

Dear Mum,

What is this 'snip' you speak of? I asked Matilda and she started laughing at me.

Sincerely,

Robert
..complete that with "and then bopped me on the head" and you've just defined their relationship!

I may have joked a bit too soon. He's been admitted overnight. After Matilda last weekend, this has not been a feline-friendly January.

GreenHall

« Reply #3344 on: January 16, 2018, 06:50:53 PM »
Dear Renfield,
I know cats consider the whole world their oyster (and themselves the pearls we should all admire).  Our neighbor does not feel the same way.  So you can deal with kitty jail (the house), or it looks like kitty prison (Animal control, if you are deemed a nuisance).  Please dont escape while I see if anyone wants an adult indoor/outdoor kitty nearby....