Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 144105 times)

greencat

Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #645 on: April 27, 2012, 07:07:46 AM »
Dear Tribble:
A) You are absolutely not allowed outside.  I know I let Princess out, but that's because she avoids cars like the plague and comes when I call her to come back in.  Stop crying in your loud Siamese voice to be released into the wild - it's just not happening.

B) Although the other dog loved you and let you roll all over her, she does not live here anymore.  The current canine is kind of afraid of cats because Princess terrorized him when he was a puppy, and I also think he remembers you sinking all four paws full of claws and your teeth into his tail when he was sleeping, so he REALLY doesn't want to have anything to do with you.  Rolling on the floor at his feet just makes him look sad and confused.  Really, seriously, he's not going to give you a bath or let you chew on his ears like the other dog did.

Dear Princess:
A) You, too, need to leave the dog alone.  Stop eating his food.  I know it smells like salmon but it's not cat food.  Definitely stop guarding the water bowl from him.  You couldn't drink that much water in a month.  Also, he doesn't possess the equipment to pet OR feed you, so rubbing yourself against his legs does nothing but make him look sad and confused, because you used to beat him up when he was a puppy. 

B) What mad scientist managed to cross cats with sandspurs?  You are like the world's most painful Velcro.   Stop trying to climb my leg; especially when I'm wearing shorts.  Actually, stop trying regardless of what I'm wearing - I don't own the requisite armor to keep your claws from reaching my skin.  Tribble can keep his claws out of my skin, so it's not an impossible task.

HungryHungryKitties

« Reply #646 on: April 27, 2012, 11:57:54 AM »
Dear Adam, Rocky and Antero,

Yes, I know.  Yes, we are having an epic year for Miller Moth season here in Colorado.  Yes, I know they are fun to hunt and nummy to eat.  But hunting them from the bed while I am asleep does not make for a happy mommy.  Hopefully the scratches on my neck will heal without scarring.

Dear Fred and Mica,

Thank you for your restraint in The Great Moth Hunt (tm).  Mommy appreciates your sensitivity to her need to get a good night's sleep.

Love,
The warm thing huddling under the covers
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

peach2play

« Reply #647 on: May 01, 2012, 04:38:30 PM »
Dear Yuki, Lyoko, Midnight and Shadow,

Yes, Mommy was gone for 3 days.  The food bowl was not empty, Nanna and Auntie came by and you got lots and lots of lovins and pettins.  You survived.  You do not need to follow me around the house like a furry entourage. 

The hand that feeds you.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #648 on: May 01, 2012, 05:06:44 PM »
Dear Jack and Luna,

You knew there was another cat in the bathroom. We have seen you go up to the closed door and sniff.

The door is now open. We find it hilarious when you wander over, spot her, freeze, and run.

We see you have learned your lesson about coming up to mommy cats with babies.

Love,
The Lover of Schadenfreude
Current foster kittens: Friday (F: green collar), Duffy (M: blue), Fez (M: orange), Kipling (M: pink), Thirteen (F: yellow).

JadeAngel

« Reply #649 on: May 02, 2012, 01:07:54 AM »
Dear Gizmo,

Unfortunately the bad man is here to stay. Yes he takes up about 70% of the bed and I take up most of the other 30% leaving nothing for you. That's why I spread out the lovely fleece blanket on the couch. Yes he likes to sit in the sunny patch on the floor by the window, just like you do, and yes he likes to cuddle up on the couch with me when I'm watching TV in the evening, but there is no excuse for baring your teeth and hissing at him even if he did startle you by reaching for the remote control.

He's really not that bad, and like I said he's here to stay, so maybe you could consider coming out from behind the couch?

Anytime this week will be fine.

Love

Me.

peach2play

« Reply #650 on: May 02, 2012, 05:09:19 PM »
Dear Yuki,

Thank you so very much for defending the bathroom from the Toilet Paper Roll Monster.  I am so very glad it is dead and the look of triumph on your face when you killed it was priceless.  Our village is saved and the TPRM will never threaten another bathroom floor again.  Good kitten.

Mommy

Lynnv

« Reply #651 on: May 02, 2012, 10:39:44 PM »
My Dear Harry,

Do you see the closed door?  That is a sign that kitties are not welcome behind the door.  There are many good reasons for this.

1)  No matter what your mama told you,  you are NOT wise in the ways of cars.  And you will get squished.  And we will buy our friendly neighborhood vet a boat before you get well.

2) The yard isn't safe either.  The squirrels don't respect you, the birds don't fear you, and the neighbor dogs laugh at you behind your back.  Again, getting out will lead to a new boat for the kind vet who lets you eat his dog treats even though "Cats don't like those treats."

3)  There is a person behind the door going potty.  While I realize you don't understand the human need for privacy from time to time, it is something you need to accept.

4)  And, as of this morning I really must reiterate this one, there are dangerous objects behind the door.  Case in point-my glassroom.  I did not enjoy spending 15 minutes digging you out from under my workbench this morning after you snaked your way past me this morning.  I really did not enjoy the part where, in dragging you out, I managed to gash both my knee AND my foot (I stepped out of the shoes I always wear in there) and started bleeding.  And no, the dance I did in trying to get the shoe back on, get you out the door, and grab a bandaid so I didn't bleed all over the place wasn't funny.

Please-stop with the doors.  We do not hide the gardens of earthly delights behind them. 

Love,
Your kind of annoyed mom

Dearest Bob,

Quit enabling Harry by opening the doors, please.  I know he knows how to do it, but you usually do it for him and then just watch him do whatever his little pea-brain has come up with.  So you are not in my good books either.

Love,
The same annoyed mom

PS-Yes-I am glaring at both of you now.  And my knee still hurts.  Grumble.
Lynn

"Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat."  Robert A. Heinlein

Snooks

« Reply #652 on: May 03, 2012, 04:21:36 AM »
3)  There is a person behind the door going potty.  While I realize you don't understand the human need for privacy from time to time, it is something you need to accept.

When we got kittens I remember reading that cats like to use the litter tray in private.  Try telling my two that who like to climb into the litter tray as I'm cleaning it out and use it while looking me dead in the eye.  Maybe the website I was on was actually for cats informing them that humans like to use the toilet in private.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #653 on: May 03, 2012, 11:18:37 AM »
Dear kittens,

Thank you for a brand new experience:

"Oh. There's a thread on the floor. I'd better pick it up so the kittens don't get tangled in it or eat it"
"Oh. It's stiff. Must be a twist-tie. How'd that get in here?"
"OH! It's an umbilical cord!"

With loving heeby-jeebies,
The Big Pink Thing.
Current foster kittens: Friday (F: green collar), Duffy (M: blue), Fez (M: orange), Kipling (M: pink), Thirteen (F: yellow).

DistantStar

« Reply #654 on: May 03, 2012, 11:42:07 AM »
When we got kittens I remember reading that cats like to use the litter tray in private.  Try telling my two that who like to climb into the litter tray as I'm cleaning it out and use it while looking me dead in the eye.  Maybe the website I was on was actually for cats informing them that humans like to use the toilet in private.

Don't ask me -- my Sapphire follows me into the bathroom and does her business when I'm doing mine.  She doesn't listen when I tell her that I grant her privacy on the occasions she heads in without me, so why can't she let me have a little?

This may be solved soon as I will have a laundry room in my new apartment (YAY!) and will probably be able to put the box in there.

greencat

« Reply #655 on: May 03, 2012, 05:25:14 PM »
Trust me when I say do NOT put the litter box in a small enclosed place where you might have clothes sitting out for even a little bit.  Not only will fabric absorb a subtle odor from even a relatively clean litter box, it will also become a tempting target for feline bathroom usage...

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #656 on: May 03, 2012, 05:38:53 PM »
I concur.  A childhood friend's mother put a litter box in the basement near the laundry facilities... with tragic results.

Mental Magpie

• ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #657 on: May 03, 2012, 05:51:34 PM »
I concur.  A childhood friend's mother put a litter box in the basement near the laundry facilities... with tragic results.

Never happened with our laundry room...the litter box was right up next to the drier...then again, our laundry room was on the larger side; maybe it aired out enough.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Seraphim

• The impossible I do every day -- miracles merely take a few more phone-calls.
  • I'm not short, I'm concentrated Awesome!
« Reply #658 on: May 03, 2012, 06:48:58 PM »
My Dear Harry,

The squirrels don't respect you,

I am still giggling at this.... tee hee

misha412

« Reply #659 on: June 19, 2012, 09:20:58 PM »
Dear Byakuya and Ruika,

Welcome to our home. I am glad you two are joining our family. It has been awhile since this house has had felines in it. I love you guys even though its only been a bit of time since you came in.

But, we need to talk about the ground rules.

1. The dog was here first. Yes, he is a big slobbery dog. He barks really loudly. He smells like a dog, not a cat. He is not used to cats. Give him a break. He is curious about you two. He will try to put his nose in places it does not belong. Try not to remove his nose when he does this.

2. You guys are doing so good with the litter box. I am proud of you. Please keep up the good work.

3. Since you are only 9 weeks old, we are keeping you confined to a fixed space for your own good. I know you think you already rule the house, but until you are a bit older, you do not get run of the house.

4. When I need to pick you up, do not go running the opposite way. I have a reason for picking you up.

5. Curtains are for covering windows, not for scaling the walls.

Love, your new mommy.

Byakuya,

Please do not hold your sister down and bite into her leg so hard. You make her squeal and she gets mad. You are bigger than her and need to learn your own strength.

Love, Mommy

Rukia,

I know Byakuya is a bit of a bully, but he is your brother. Getting howly and growly at him will only make him worse. Try to have some dignity before you remove his head.

Love, Mommy