Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 198970 times)

BarensMom

Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #675 on: June 21, 2012, 07:58:52 PM »
Misha412, just wanted to say I love your cats' names.  It's rare to find another Bleach fan, at least one who'll admit to it.

Yeah. My fiance got me hooked on it. the kittens came with the name of Bob and Rose. While those are nice names, they did not fit their personalities. So, out comes the Bleach reference.

;D

So is Rukia feisty and Byakya disdainful and aloof?

Also, have you seen Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sins?

Dr. F.

« Reply #676 on: June 21, 2012, 08:26:33 PM »
Dear Cormac,

I realize you like to run around the house after the dogs and I go to bed, so that they don't annoy you too badly. But is it really necessary to knock everything off of the basement shelves every night? If so, why did it just start in the last week or so? I don't begrudge you your fun, even tolerating the amazingly loud running up and down the stairs at 3am. But breaking my best Oaxacan vase was kinda over the top. Please stop.

Mommy

AnnaT

« Reply #677 on: June 22, 2012, 12:02:08 AM »
Yes Oscar, we are babysitting Ginger (my sister's cat). 

You never sit on my knee while I'm watching tv so the evil eye and sulks over the edge of the sofa are just going to make me laugh (honestly - just these eyes and a pair of ears laid flat - I nearly wet myself when I saw what he was doing!).

It's only for another 2 1/2 weeks, and you get your own special food, your own special place on the bed and your own sunlamp (when I'm in the shower) so I don't know what your nose is so far out of joint...

Love
Mum

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #678 on: June 22, 2012, 02:46:40 AM »

You never sit on my knee while I'm watching tv so the evil eye and sulks over the edge of the sofa are just going to make me laugh (honestly - just these eyes and a pair of ears laid flat - I nearly wet myself when I saw what he was doing!).

It's only for another 2 1/2 weeks, and you get your own special food, your own special place on the bed and your own sunlamp (when I'm in the shower) so I don't know what your nose is so far out of joint...

Love
Mum

I am laughing so hard here at that image!

My younger cat once had a fit when I was holding a visiting baby. I was not supposed to be cuddling anyone but him!
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #679 on: June 24, 2012, 01:49:41 PM »

Love
Mum
I am laughing so hard here at that image!

My younger cat once had a fit when I was holding a visiting baby. I was not supposed to be cuddling anyone but him!
One of my Siamese got so jealous that I was petting a visiting cat that she bit me.  Not on the offending hand, but in the middle of my back.  Try explaining THAT to the medical clinic.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #680 on: June 25, 2012, 03:47:26 AM »
Dear Stephen,

Yes, Daddy was trying to keep you out of the kitchen. We don't really want you vanishing down the pipe cavities while the plumber works.

He unlocked the door and opened it. He looked round, no cat. He slid in, carefully not opening it wide enough for you to get through, and closed the door behind him. He made his cup of tea, keeping an eye on the kitchen door in case it should mysteriously open. It did not. He opened the door a crack and looked for cats. No sign. He rushed out, trying not to spill his tea, and closed and locked the door behind him again (by which point, yes Mummy was laughing).

So why, five minutes later, did we hear scratching coming from inside the kitchen door, and have to let you out?

Regards,
The baffled staff

P.S. By the way, Daddy now acknowledges that your ninjitsu is superior to his own. 

HungryHungryKitties

« Reply #681 on: June 25, 2012, 11:55:27 AM »
Dear Mica, Fred, Adam, Rocky and Antero,

Thank you for being gracious hosts to visiting kitties Grigio and Cheryl, who had to be evacuated along with their giver-of-food due to the fires here in Colorado.  All seven of you have been peacefully ignoring each tother - granted, there is a door seperating the two groups, but still...

Love,
Your grateful referee
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

stargazer

• Super Hero!
« Reply #682 on: June 25, 2012, 12:05:27 PM »
Dear Mouse and Smokey,

I don't know which of you did it.  I'm leaning towards Smokey just due to some suspicious behavior earlier this morning (i.e. RACING into the house, skidding on the kitchen floor, then continuing on when he has arthritis and usually moves at the pace of a turtle) - but Mommy does NOT appreciate finding a dead bird at the foot of the stairs, which I almost tripped over. 

Mouse, if you did it, I know you want to be a bird, but it is not going to happen.  Get over it.   Killing a bird in retaliation is not appropriate. 

As a side note - this was a REALLY dumb bird if one of you was able to catch it.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #683 on: June 25, 2012, 12:10:35 PM »
Dear Jack,

You're not going to catch a mockingbird. You're just not. Give it up.

Love,

Your amused hoomin
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #684 on: June 25, 2012, 01:39:54 PM »
Dear Stephen,

Yes, Daddy was trying to keep you out of the kitchen. We don't really want you vanishing down the pipe cavities while the plumber works.
Midnight used to go behind the washing machine frequently.  Sometimes she would yeowl and paw/scratch at the wall, so I would tell her to cut it out.  When the plumber removed the failing washer/dryer unit, we discovered a large hole in the wallboard behind the washer.  We're lucky Midnight didn't climb in!  I can just imagine the creepy crawlers she was chasing back there. <shudder> No wonder she insisted that was part of her realm which needed oversight several times a day.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #685 on: June 25, 2012, 01:44:11 PM »
Dear Jack,

You're not going to catch a mockingbird. You're just not. Give it up.

Love,

Your amused hoomin
While not "mockingbirds," the local pigeons used to enjoy perching on our lanai railing taunting (dare I say, "mocking") Midnight.  She would chatter back, lash her tail, and jump on the bird's shadow, then look up at that "mocking" bird and chatter what she would do if he dared come down from that rail.  DH was worried that Midnight might try to jump to catch one of those birds and fall, but she wasn't that dumb.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Dr. F.

« Reply #686 on: June 25, 2012, 03:38:56 PM »
Cormac,

You are nearly 18! 18 is OLD for cats. Please stop beating up the dogs. They weigh 3x what you do!

Your personal chin-scritcher

greencat

« Reply #687 on: June 25, 2012, 06:45:34 PM »
Dearest Princess and Tribble,

I need considerably less company when I use the restroom.  Especially when said company is creepily laying on top of the shelving above the toilet, having knocked down many things to get up there.

And, Tribble, the bathroom sink is NOT your urinal.  It is not cute to pee with mommy, since your litter box is not in the bathroom.

Love,
Your food dispenser.

Girlie

« Reply #688 on: June 25, 2012, 07:16:15 PM »
Dear Max and Lucy,

You are pigs. Mommy and Daddy go to work every day to keep you in the lap of luxury, and you repay us by scarfing down four bowls of food a day. Please slow down. Otherwise, we will soon find ourselves out of house and home, with nothing but empty Blue Buffalo bags to keep us warm.

Love,
Mom

bluhairfreak

« Reply #689 on: June 27, 2012, 03:52:24 PM »
Dear Rocky
   Jumping onto the table and sitting on my keys is not going to keep my from going to work.  I will just move your furry butt and go on my merry way.