Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 145058 times)

misha412

Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #810 on: December 23, 2012, 09:37:15 AM »
Dear furry hissy monsters (aka Renji and Rukia),

Do not land on my head when you two are playing. My food is my food, not yours. Stop getting all the attention from mom and dad. I was here first.

Not sure I love you,

Dagan, the top doggie

mmswm

« Reply #811 on: December 23, 2012, 09:48:39 AM »
Dear Max,

I'm so thrilled to discover that you like fried egg sandwiches for breakfast as much as I do!

Love,
Your new short order cook.

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #812 on: December 23, 2012, 02:12:15 PM »
Dear Mikey,

You are a mooch. A ridiculous mooch. I realise this is partly my fault for ever giving you the idea that people food is good, but still - it does you no good to beg and suck up to Mama when I have no food. It just makes you look silly.

Your adoring mama.
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
« Reply #813 on: December 24, 2012, 09:04:34 AM »
Dear Schroder - I know that OtherParent has been not feeling well lately. I know that I'm the keeper of the knowledge of how to open the refrigerator. That does NOT mean that every time OtherParent says "I think I'd like...." you get to jump on my feet and start whining, before OtherParent even decides what she'd like. Your urgency doesn't translate to me. So sorry - a lack of fruit punch isn't justification for that either.

---She who occasionally finds a hot dog with your name on it

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #814 on: December 24, 2012, 09:20:49 AM »
Dear Harley,

I love you. You are my favorite child, don't tell the human that. However, shouldn't you cover up your business in the litter box? Have you lost your natural instincts? I know Daddy has tried to teach you to cover it up, and you forget after a day.

Also, why do you sit in the middle of the bed and wipe your eyes so mommy gets hit in the eye with kitty eye snot? It grosses me out.

Love,
Mommy

Dear Mischief,

I get that you are scared of everything, but why do you lay in the bookshelf on top of the books and magazines? They are getting squashed under your significant weight.

Fondly,
Mommy

Dear Aragorn (our budgie),

I know you like to freak Daddy out by clucking at your water dish. Why are you using the blind cord to hammer against your water dish? While clucking? Also, why do you keep feeding your water dish? It is not going to grow.

Fondly,
Mommy

MerryCat

« Reply #815 on: December 24, 2012, 01:39:38 PM »
Dear Cassie,

That crazy yowly-kneady-crying thing you do to my blankets is weird at the best of times. Doing it at 3 am in the morning and growling when I ask you - very politely - to cut it out is not acceptable. If this keeps up we're going to lock you out of the bedroom where there's no one to protect you from the Big Bad Kitten.

Your loving but frazzled Mom.

AlephReish

« Reply #816 on: December 25, 2012, 11:20:10 PM »
Darling sweet love-of-my-life Dizzy-
   I gave you the tuna juice. You got your very own plate of goodness, since Dorsey doesn't care for it. Why, oh why, did you think it was okay to stick your face in my tuna salad and start eating that, not five minutes after I gave you the tuna juice? And what is with the recent obsession with bread, brownies and pizza crusts? You get fed. Regularly. And well. So quit it!

Sincerely,
Your loving person.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #817 on: December 27, 2012, 12:52:31 PM »
Dear Mischief,

I know you are fascinated by the artificial tree, but why are you eating it? The evidence is in your litter box deposits. And why are you eating coins? We found a nickel and a penny in your deposits. They went to the garbage, I was too grossed out to remove them.

Signed,
The Food Provider

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #818 on: December 27, 2012, 05:06:09 PM »
Ladyknight, this would scare the living daylights out of me.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #819 on: December 27, 2012, 05:33:51 PM »
If it happens again, we will schedule an emergency vet trip. I think the excitement of Christmas is to blame.

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #820 on: December 27, 2012, 07:34:32 PM »
If it happens again, we will schedule an emergency vet trip. I think the excitement of Christmas is to blame.

I wouldn't worry about the tree so much - my cat Mikey was a fiend for plastic garland when he was younger, and it never seemed to hurt him (the big mystery is where he kept finding it, because I stopped putting any out!). I think the pennies may be more of a problem. :-\
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

greencat

« Reply #821 on: December 27, 2012, 11:30:55 PM »
Kitties are just as susceptible to "Oooo!  Shiny!" as the rest of us.  I personally have had to ban styrofoam from my home, because one of my cats has a pica-thing for it.  She also ate part of a mattress once.

That being said:

Dear cats:
I'm pretty sure you are not supposed to be showing signs of pack behavior like this.  Ganging up on the neighbor's cat when he came for a visit was not appropriate! 
Love, the actual owner of the shelter-building.

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #822 on: December 28, 2012, 01:55:09 AM »
Dear Gretchen

You are not the boss of me!  Meowing at the top of your lungs while I'm on the phone with clients will not get you cuddles and brushes.  And stop sitting on your sister's head when you want her to move. That just gets her more cuddles with mama while you sit at my feet.
My Photography Gallery
http://www.ctartisticphotos.com/

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #823 on: December 28, 2012, 10:30:33 AM »
Dear Boojum,

Knock it off.

Love,
We who hung the ornaments that way on purpose.

Current foster kittens: Friday (F: green collar), Duffy (M: blue), Fez (M: orange), Kipling (M: pink), Thirteen (F: yellow).

missanpan

« Reply #824 on: December 28, 2012, 10:36:03 AM »
Dear Boojum,

Knock it off.

Love,
We who hung the ornaments that way on purpose.

Boojums looks so cute. But for some reason, it was Luna that was cracking me up.  It's like she's oozing "I don't care."