A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. Guests, register for forum membership to see all the boards. > Time For a Coffee Break!

S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat

<< < (183/648) > >>

mmswm:
Is Harry a Maine Coon or Maine Coon Mix?  Every one I've ever known has just adored playing in the snow.  My old cat Booger (RIP) would jump off a second floor balcony to get into the snow.  He was a very happy kitty for the few years we lived in North Dakota.

magicdomino:
Dear Koa,

The allergy vaccine drops aren't that bad.  I know, I tasted a drop just to make sure it wasn't bitter or sour.  Therefore, it makes absolutely no sense to struggle and scratch me.  I'm sure you get bruised when I have to grab you too hard, and it is scary when I chase you around the house.  It is even scarier when I get scratched and yell at you.  The spout may hurt your mouth because I have to shove it in any way I can.  If you would please just stay still and let me drop in two drops -- just two! -- the whole business would be over quickly, we would both be happier, and maybe you wouldn't itch so much.

Love,

The evil person who keeps sticking stuff in your mouth.

Ms_Cellany:
Dear Boojum,

That's not your steak.

Love,
The Griller

Lynnv:

--- Quote from: mmswm on February 25, 2013, 09:11:25 AM ---Is Harry a Maine Coon or Maine Coon Mix?  Every one I've ever known has just adored playing in the snow.  My old cat Booger (RIP) would jump off a second floor balcony to get into the snow.  He was a very happy kitty for the few years we lived in North Dakota.

--- End quote ---

Maine Coon at some level.  He is a shelter boy-so best guess is at least 1/2, if not more.  He has the size, the meow, the M on his forehead, the ears and the laid-back (aka just plain bone idle) demeanor.  And loves the snow.  I wasn't aware of that one.  It kind of went like this:

Human plan:  "Harry is complaining at the door again.  It is cold out.  We will let him on the porch.  Ha Ha, we will let him out in the snow and he will hate it and he will quit meowing at the door for a couple of days."

Feline response:  "Woo hoo!"

Artie, on the other hand, just looked at us like we were nuts and ran as far away from the door as he could when he felt the blast of cold air coming in.   ;D

snowfire:
My late kitty Big Red was also a shelter boy with a healthy dose of Maine Coon.  When he would be outdoors and rain would start he wouldn't even notice except for flicking his ears.  His coat was so thick that the undercoat really never got wet.  He also liked to play in the snow.  I've got a picture somewhere of him just happily strolling along in chest deep snow with his big floofy tail happily waving in the air.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version