A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. Guests, register for forum membership to see all the boards. > Time For a Coffee Break!

S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat

<< < (193/655) > >>

Outdoor Girl:
Dear Sassy:

Quit pawing at the bedroom door!  You've owned me for 2 years now and in all that time, you've never been allowed in the bedroom.  I can't believe you have any pads left on your paws, you were at it so long.

Knock it off or tomorrow's dinner is going to be cat soup.  Grrrr...

Midnight Kitty:
Bootsie is my "cat hat."  She likes to sleep on my pillow curled around my head.  Sometimes she curls around so her nose is an inch from mine so we can breathe together and other times she rests her head on mine, using my head as a pillow.  When I'm not in bed, she usually lays at the foot of the bed looking out the lanai sliding glass doors, watching birds fly by and perch on the railing.  As soon as my head hits the pillow, she gets up and arranges herself in the "cat hat" position.

Dear Bootsie;

I love the "cat hat" act, but could you please stop stepping on my hair.  It pulls and hurts.  Also, no kicking your back legs to stretch them out and hitting me in the face.  That's why you aren't allowed on Big Daddy's pillow: He has a medically fragile left eye after 10 operations.  Your sister, Midnight (RIP), was very good at cuddling with Big Daddy without endangering his eye.*

She Who Polices the Litterbox

*We never figured out how Midnight knew, but when DH had retina reattachment surgery in his right eye, he had to always sleep on one side to hold the bubble inside his eyeball in the correct position.  The bubble holds the retina against the underlying structure until it heals.  Midnight would wake DH up if he turned over on the wrong side.  Later, when he had the retina reattachment surgery in his left eye, he had to hold his head in a different position.  Somehow Midnight knew this and would wake him up if he wasn't in the new position.  She was an excellent nurse.  It would have been much harder on DH without his little sweetheart.  We still miss her a year and a half later. :'(

jayhawk:

--- Quote from: Midnight Kitty on April 04, 2013, 03:13:28 PM ---Bootsie is my "cat hat."  She likes to sleep on my pillow curled around my head.  Sometimes she curls around so her nose is an inch from mine so we can breathe together and other times she rests her head on mine, using my head as a pillow.  When I'm not in bed, she usually lays at the foot of the bed looking out the lanai sliding glass doors, watching birds fly by and perch on the railing.  As soon as my head hits the pillow, she gets up and arranges herself in the "cat hat" position.

Dear Bootsie;

I love the "cat hat" act, but could you please stop stepping on my hair.  It pulls and hurts.  Also, no kicking your back legs to stretch them out and hitting me in the face.  That's why you aren't allowed on Big Daddy's pillow: He has a medically fragile left eye after 10 operations.  Your sister, Midnight (RIP), was very good at cuddling with Big Daddy without endangering his eye.*

She Who Polices the Litterbox

*We never figured out how Midnight knew, but when DH had retina reattachment surgery in his right eye, he had to always sleep on one side to hold the bubble inside his eyeball in the correct position.  The bubble holds the retina against the underlying structure until it heals.  Midnight would wake DH up if he turned over on the wrong side.  Later, when he had the retina reattachment surgery in his left eye, he had to hold his head in a different position.  Somehow Midnight knew this and would wake him up if he wasn't in the new position.  She was an excellent nurse.  It would have been much harder on DH without his little sweetheart.  We still miss her a year and a half later. :'(

--- End quote ---

Awwwww! So sweet.

Elfmama:

--- Quote from: Midnight Kitty on April 04, 2013, 03:13:28 PM ---

--- End quote ---
They just know, MK.  The only time Willow will cuddle is when I have a migraine.  She knows even before I do.  More than once I've woken up to realize that Willow is plastered into my armpit, microseconds before the pain hits.

MissRose:
Dear Cat of my friend I stayed with recently,

I was more willing to play with you and pet you before I went home but yet you would not leave her hubby alone while he was attempting to work at home.  When I visit next time, no need to constantly bother the man of the house when he encourages you to bother others lol.

Love, the Michigan based visitor

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version