Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 198656 times)

nuit93

Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #825 on: December 28, 2012, 01:36:47 PM »
Dear Max:

We're very proud of you for losing those extra three pounds, thank you for staying out of your sister's food because she needs it far more than you do.  However, this does not make you any less clumsy than you were before.  Please refrain from leaping onto the headboard as you still don't seem to be able stick the landing all that well and I don't need to be surprised by having twelve pounds of confused tuxedo kitty falling on me in the middle of the night....again.

Dear Scuzzy:

You're an old lady, and very frail.  I understand why you like to bury yourself under piles of blankets.  However, I need you to understand that when I check on you, it's not to interrupt your sleep--it's to make sure I don't accidently crush you.  Oh, and to make sure you're still with us after that scare you gave me.

Mad Goat Woman

• formerly Hamlet: The Original Emo
    • Mad Goat Woman
« Reply #826 on: December 28, 2012, 06:03:52 PM »
(Caveat: Grace is a goat)

Dear Grace,

Why did you decide that weaning your kids at two months was a brilliant way to deal with your mastitis I'll never understand. Couldn't you have waited until I was home to do this?

Love,
The girl who tries to milk you.d

Captains Flat, Australia

mmswm

« Reply #827 on: December 28, 2012, 06:13:20 PM »
Dear Baxter (we didn't like the name he came with, so we changed it)

Running circles around me while on a leash and in water won't end well for either of us.

(this shot was taken right before he took me down)

Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

greencat

« Reply #828 on: December 28, 2012, 10:06:35 PM »
MMSWM:  This is the cat version of this thread :) The dog thread is...somewhere else.  I fail at search on here.

My dear cat:
Moose, you are growing into your name.  You are only half-grown and you exceeded your mother in size two months ago.  Your tail is proportionately long.  For the love of Ceiling Cat, please make sure that when you sit on the toilet seat, you don't dangle your tail inside the bowl.
Love,
The human mommy.

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #829 on: December 30, 2012, 01:07:40 PM »
MMSWM:  This is the cat version of this thread :) The dog thread is...somewhere else.  I fail at search on here.
Here's the link: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=67534.msg1581405#msg1581405
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #830 on: December 30, 2012, 01:14:28 PM »
Dear Boojum,

Knock it off.

Love,
We who hung the ornaments that way on purpose.

You hung dangling, bright shiny, sparkling ornaments in the most enticing, "cat-provoking" display imaginable on purpose? >:D
I admit that having just one 19 y.o. cat left, and that cat is very 2-dimensional, has spoiled me.  She doesn't jump up on anything but the bed and that only because I put stairs up for her.  She doesn't chew on electrical cords or play with ornaments.  Midnight, Bootsie's sister that died a year ago, considered everything in the house to be her property and potentially a cat toy.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #831 on: December 30, 2012, 01:25:46 PM »
"Anything not nailed down is a cat toy.  Anything that can be pried loose is not nailed down."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

stargazer

• Super Hero!
« Reply #832 on: December 30, 2012, 03:47:52 PM »
Dear Mouse - I understand you "chattering" to birds.  But you are now doing the same thing to the two kittens that have visited us several times now.  I know you want to be their bestest friend EVER but you are really big and they are really small.  Stop running up to them - let them come to you.  (Strangely, the runt, is MUCH less scared of Mouse than the non runt and will now go up to him sometimes while Mouse, my 14 lb cat, cowers.)   

Dear Smokey - the kittens only visit sometimes.  Get over it.

Snooks

« Reply #833 on: December 30, 2012, 04:27:52 PM »
"Anything not nailed down is a cat toy.  Anything that can be pried loose is not nailed down."

We've got hooks attached to brickwork with "no more nails" tape which we cannot remove, the cats got some of them off in about a minute flat.  Makes you wonder what's in cat saliva.

greencat

« Reply #834 on: December 30, 2012, 05:03:50 PM »

Also, anything that actually is nailed down, but can be broken apart around the nail, is a cat toy.

mmswm

« Reply #835 on: December 30, 2012, 06:19:41 PM »
Here's the link: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=67534.msg1581405#msg1581405

Ooops, now I feel sheepish  :-[

I obviously misread the title of the thread.  I thought it meant "Dear dog...Dear Cat", and was a spin off of some other thread entirely. Now I'll go take my embarrassed self into a corner.  :'(
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

magicdomino

« Reply #836 on: December 30, 2012, 07:35:30 PM »

I obviously misread the title of the thread.  I thought it meant "Dear dog...Dear Cat", and was a spin off of some other thread entirely. Now I'll go take my embarrassed self into a corner.  :'(

Nah, just go post lots of dog "letters."   :)   It looks like no one has posted for a while, and we cat people can't have all the fun. 

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #837 on: December 30, 2012, 09:08:41 PM »

Nah, just go post lots of dog "letters."   :)   It looks like no one has posted for a while, and we cat people can't have all the fun. 

Yeah, cute dog posts are always a good idea!!
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

peach2play

« Reply #838 on: December 31, 2012, 09:20:54 AM »
Dear Yuki,

I swear by all that is holy you will make a cute little white New Years muff if you don't leave my bamboo bird cage alone.  I know you are only a year old and full Siamese but, it's like I tell you every day, not everything is for kitten.  Do not give me the hurt/indignant look when you get a face full of water.  It is for your own good.  I'm very sorry you got stuck behind the couch.  That will teach you to bite your brother's tail.  I know it seems like he's a lover, not a fighter, but he doesn't like it when you bite him.  He also outweighs you by 10 lbs so try not to piss him off.  I was laughing too hard to get a decent picture of him sitting on you. 

Dear Midnight,

Yes, I know you want to go outside and don't care about the white stuff on the ground, but Mommy hasn't fixed the dog door to your pen and it lets in large amounts of very cold air right by Mommy's desk.  You'll have to wait until I can figure out a way to seal the dog door with out you getting stuck outside which is what happened over the summer.  Mommy doesn't have a fur coat and would rather not have to wear nine layers so you can go stare at the squirrels.  They will be there when it's warmer and since you are not paying the electric bill you will just have to suffer.

Dear Shadow,

My water cup is mine and yes, I put ice in it.  You have 3 fountains and a water bowl and all of them keep the water cool and fresh.  I do not need to have to take the lid off my 52 oz cup each time you want a drink and stop looking at me like I ran over a kitten because there's ice in there and you don't like to lick the ice. 

Dear Lyoko,

Thanks for the snuggles every night.  Mommy loves them and you're learning to purr as loud a Shadow.  For only being 9 lbs you have an awesome purr.  Mommy brought you another Cuties box because that's your favorite snuggle bed.  The large Cuties boxes are for your brothers so please don't give me that look...you have your own and no, those big boxes don't fit you.  You are not 19lbs. Also, could you start eating the chicken like the rest of your siblings do?  You need the protein and the vet says it's better for you.  I know, I know, it seems like people food or hunting mice and you don't like to get your paws dirty, but Mommy wants you around for a very long time.

Love,
Your senior staff person and bringer of the chicken

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #839 on: January 02, 2013, 03:33:04 PM »
Dear Matilda,

We thought we were over the problem of you caching food, until Daddy noticed the smell. After all, you have a fresh food, dry food, and you are not, despite your protests, starving.

The bedside table is less than three inches off the floor. How did you get your food bowl under there? And how on earth did you manage to curl up behind it? That said, the part where he edged it out and you promptly hooked a paw over the rim and started pulling it back really was adorably cute.

Regards,
Your staff.