Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 168523 times)

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #825 on: December 28, 2012, 11:07:54 AM »
Dear Boojum,

Knock it off.

Love,
We who hung the ornaments that way on purpose.

Boojums looks so cute. But for some reason, it was Luna that was cracking me up.  It's like she's oozing "I don't care."

That's sort of her normal condition.
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult); Zuul (F); Magpie (M); Balrog (M); Nazgul (F)

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #826 on: December 28, 2012, 12:50:09 PM »
Dear Willow,

You are diabetic.  I give you wet food and insulin twice a day.  PLEASE eat the food when I give it to you.  Having your blood sugar crash so that you go into insulin shock because you didn't eat your breakfast is NOT a Good Thing.  Kitties should not have a blood sugar reading of 38.  If we had not been at the vet's office you would have died.

Love, She Who Gives Scritches and He Who Pulls Tails
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.

nuit93

« Reply #827 on: December 28, 2012, 01:36:47 PM »
Dear Max:

We're very proud of you for losing those extra three pounds, thank you for staying out of your sister's food because she needs it far more than you do.  However, this does not make you any less clumsy than you were before.  Please refrain from leaping onto the headboard as you still don't seem to be able stick the landing all that well and I don't need to be surprised by having twelve pounds of confused tuxedo kitty falling on me in the middle of the night....again.

Dear Scuzzy:

You're an old lady, and very frail.  I understand why you like to bury yourself under piles of blankets.  However, I need you to understand that when I check on you, it's not to interrupt your sleep--it's to make sure I don't accidently crush you.  Oh, and to make sure you're still with us after that scare you gave me.

Mad Goat Woman

• formerly Hamlet: The Original Emo
    • Mad Goat Woman
« Reply #828 on: December 28, 2012, 06:03:52 PM »
(Caveat: Grace is a goat)

Dear Grace,

Why did you decide that weaning your kids at two months was a brilliant way to deal with your mastitis I'll never understand. Couldn't you have waited until I was home to do this?

Love,
The girl who tries to milk you.d

Captains Flat, Australia

mmswm

« Reply #829 on: December 28, 2012, 06:13:20 PM »
Dear Baxter (we didn't like the name he came with, so we changed it)

Running circles around me while on a leash and in water won't end well for either of us.

(this shot was taken right before he took me down)

Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

greencat

« Reply #830 on: December 28, 2012, 10:06:35 PM »
MMSWM:  This is the cat version of this thread :) The dog thread is...somewhere else.  I fail at search on here.

My dear cat:
Moose, you are growing into your name.  You are only half-grown and you exceeded your mother in size two months ago.  Your tail is proportionately long.  For the love of Ceiling Cat, please make sure that when you sit on the toilet seat, you don't dangle your tail inside the bowl.
Love,
The human mommy.

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #831 on: December 30, 2012, 01:07:40 PM »
MMSWM:  This is the cat version of this thread :) The dog thread is...somewhere else.  I fail at search on here.
Here's the link: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=67534.msg1581405#msg1581405
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #832 on: December 30, 2012, 01:14:28 PM »
Dear Boojum,

Knock it off.

Love,
We who hung the ornaments that way on purpose.

You hung dangling, bright shiny, sparkling ornaments in the most enticing, "cat-provoking" display imaginable on purpose? >:D
I admit that having just one 19 y.o. cat left, and that cat is very 2-dimensional, has spoiled me.  She doesn't jump up on anything but the bed and that only because I put stairs up for her.  She doesn't chew on electrical cords or play with ornaments.  Midnight, Bootsie's sister that died a year ago, considered everything in the house to be her property and potentially a cat toy.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #833 on: December 30, 2012, 01:25:46 PM »
"Anything not nailed down is a cat toy.  Anything that can be pried loose is not nailed down."
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.

stargazer

• Super Hero!
« Reply #834 on: December 30, 2012, 03:47:52 PM »
Dear Mouse - I understand you "chattering" to birds.  But you are now doing the same thing to the two kittens that have visited us several times now.  I know you want to be their bestest friend EVER but you are really big and they are really small.  Stop running up to them - let them come to you.  (Strangely, the runt, is MUCH less scared of Mouse than the non runt and will now go up to him sometimes while Mouse, my 14 lb cat, cowers.)   

Dear Smokey - the kittens only visit sometimes.  Get over it.

Snooks

« Reply #835 on: December 30, 2012, 04:27:52 PM »
"Anything not nailed down is a cat toy.  Anything that can be pried loose is not nailed down."

We've got hooks attached to brickwork with "no more nails" tape which we cannot remove, the cats got some of them off in about a minute flat.  Makes you wonder what's in cat saliva.

greencat

« Reply #836 on: December 30, 2012, 05:03:50 PM »

Also, anything that actually is nailed down, but can be broken apart around the nail, is a cat toy.

mmswm

« Reply #837 on: December 30, 2012, 06:19:41 PM »
Here's the link: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=67534.msg1581405#msg1581405

Ooops, now I feel sheepish  :-[

I obviously misread the title of the thread.  I thought it meant "Dear dog...Dear Cat", and was a spin off of some other thread entirely. Now I'll go take my embarrassed self into a corner.  :'(
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

magicdomino

« Reply #838 on: December 30, 2012, 07:35:30 PM »

I obviously misread the title of the thread.  I thought it meant "Dear dog...Dear Cat", and was a spin off of some other thread entirely. Now I'll go take my embarrassed self into a corner.  :'(

Nah, just go post lots of dog "letters."   :)   It looks like no one has posted for a while, and we cat people can't have all the fun. 

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #839 on: December 30, 2012, 09:08:41 PM »

Nah, just go post lots of dog "letters."   :)   It looks like no one has posted for a while, and we cat people can't have all the fun. 

Yeah, cute dog posts are always a good idea!!
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.