Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 198959 times)

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #900 on: February 01, 2013, 02:33:44 AM »
Dear Matilda,

Ok, this one is partly my fault. You do love playing with your ball in the bath, because you can slide down the sides and watch it roll in odd directions. I have recently been joining in with the odd stroke or two. So when I started running the bath this morning, it is not surprising that you thought I was bent over it for an entire different reason, and stuck your head under the tap right as I turned it on.

Your composure was impressive. I was expecting levitation and vanishing. Instead you stood very still, stared at the  puddle by your paws, and then looked up and gave me the most vocal scolding I have ever had from a cat!

Can tuna earn forgiveness?

Regards,
Mummy.

peach2play

« Reply #901 on: February 01, 2013, 11:02:32 AM »

Though DH does thank you for not hitting the bed at Mach 7 and not landing on his scrabble tiles, which you used to hit Every Single Time.

scrabble tiles...that's just...made of awesome and I've been giggling for the last 5 min and the cats are all now looking at me like I'm a loon.

magicdomino

« Reply #902 on: February 03, 2013, 01:20:12 PM »
Dear Nani,

I'm sure that mattress pad in the laundry basket was warm and cozy; that's why you curled up in the middle.  You looked so cute and comfy, big golden eyes peeking out from the shadows, that I decided to leave you there for a while, even though the mattress pad had to be washed and dried before the bed could be made. 

I played a couple of levels on a computer game.  You were still there.

I made and ate lunch.  You were still there.

Had tea and a brownie for dessert.  You were still there.

Played another level or two on the computer game.  You were still there.

Picked up the camera, that I may share your overwhelming cuteness with the world.  You popped out. 

Ah well, at least I can finish the laundry and make the bed. 

Sincerely,
The household help.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #903 on: February 04, 2013, 10:50:09 AM »
Dear Paddy O'Cat,

You beg for food. You beg for attention. You beg to come in.

We give you food and water. We give you attention. We let you in.

Yet you wander aimlessly from room to room, still begging.

What do you WANT?

Love,
The Magically Manifest New Occupants of House

p.s.  shut UP!
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #904 on: February 04, 2013, 11:07:43 AM »
Dear MMNOofH,

Attention!!!! I want attention!! It has been FIVE WHOLE SECONDS since you petted me! For cryin' out loud, this cat ain't running a freebie operation here. You gotta pay the pets to get the cool location!

Sincerely,

Paddy O'Cat
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

peach2play

« Reply #905 on: February 04, 2013, 02:28:40 PM »
Dear Paddy O'Cat,

What do you WANT?

Love,

p.s.  shut UP!

Litter box cleaned?  That's what my little girl wants and she won't shut up about it until i go clean her box.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #906 on: February 04, 2013, 02:33:35 PM »
Dear Paddy O'Cat,

What do you WANT?

Love,

p.s.  shut UP!

Litter box cleaned?  That's what my little girl wants and she won't shut up about it until i go clean her box.

Dear Hu-man,

The Visitors haven't even given me a littler box! They seem to think that just because I'm an outdoors cat, I should use the outdoors!

Grumpily,
Paddy.
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.

MonteCristo

• My Esty Shop
« Reply #907 on: February 04, 2013, 03:13:09 PM »
Dear Paddy O'Cat,

What do you WANT?

Love,

p.s.  shut UP!

Dear Hu-man,

The Visitors haven't even given me a littler box! They seem to think that just because I'm an outdoors cat, I should use the outdoors!

Grumpily,
Paddy.

Lol, when my kitties start acting crazy like that I just give them all the attention I can...brush, comb, nail clippings, washing their faces, etc...usually they are trying to get away by the time I'm finished.   >:D

Snooks

« Reply #908 on: February 04, 2013, 03:59:21 PM »
I think this calls for some corporal cuddling!

Craftyone

« Reply #909 on: February 05, 2013, 03:29:08 AM »
Dear Mischka,
Yes, mum knows the difference in sound between you clawing the settee and your scratching post.  I know you're smart enough to only use your post when I'm in view but don't try to plead innocence when I tell you off.  Roewing and rolling on your back doesn't get you off the hook.

Love your scritch giver

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #910 on: February 24, 2013, 07:27:55 PM »
Dear Morty

I appreciate that you're not a good traveller, and I did expect the 40 minutes of caterwauling* on the way to the vet on Saturday.  I very much appreciate that you didn't do it so much on the way home.  And I'm incredibly grateful that you only peed in your box instead of your usual messy, smelly trick.

Please understand though - you're 13, which makes you a bit of an 'old man' in the cat world, so getting your vision, blood pressure, blood and wee tests done are perfectly acceptable - don't want you getting sick like Milly did, now do we?  Thank you for being relatively patient and cooperative for most of the visit. 

The shaved spots will grow back, I promise!  And believe it or not, I think you actually shed more hair during that visit than got shaved off.

Love
the chief head scritcher.

PS please come home for dinner!

* Isn't caterwauling the most perfectly appropriate word?   ;D

AnnaT

« Reply #911 on: February 24, 2013, 10:41:55 PM »
Dear Oscar

Please stop pulling books off the bookshelf at 3 in the morning (yes - I know its you!).  Aunty Jane thinks we have a poltergeist!!

Love
The one who buys you the good stuff, only to have you turn your nose up at it...

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #912 on: February 25, 2013, 08:34:30 AM »
Dear Carmen,

Please stop provoking Figaro and giving him "the finger" when he can't chase you up the back of the wall unit.  Especially when that means you disturb the cable box on the way.  One of these days one of you will get hurt and your mum will be very sad.

Love,

She Who Buys You Fancy Feast

Lynnv

« Reply #913 on: February 25, 2013, 10:03:22 AM »
Dear Harry,
DH & I had a cunning plan.  We would let you go outside in the snow and you would hate it and quit complaining at the door.  How could such a simple plan go wrong?  I'll tell you how-you are a complete whacko and enjoyed playing in the snow.  You are a very strange boy.

Love,
She who is NOT taking you out to play in the snow today

Dear Artie,

Cats are naturally dignified and graceful.  Except for you.  There is no universe in which flopping on you back and asking for a belly rub is dignified.  Also, you are littler than Harry.   And when you came into the shelter, you weren't underweight.  So I am not sure where your food issues come from, but we will not be feeding you every 10 minutes.  And you don't need more food than Harry.

Love,
The feeding unit
Lynn

"Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat."  Robert A. Heinlein

mmswm

« Reply #914 on: February 25, 2013, 10:11:25 AM »
Is Harry a Maine Coon or Maine Coon Mix?  Every one I've ever known has just adored playing in the snow.  My old cat Booger (RIP) would jump off a second floor balcony to get into the snow.  He was a very happy kitty for the few years we lived in North Dakota.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)