Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 171326 times)

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #930 on: March 14, 2013, 01:01:47 PM »
Dear Harley,

I don't know how it happened, or why I didn't wake up during the episode, but I very much would appreciate you not horking hairballs and puke onto the quilt. I put my hand in it this morning, and it messed up my whole day.

Love,

The giver of chin and forehead scratches.
Not to mention the poor quilt!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #931 on: March 14, 2013, 05:32:31 PM »
We are hoping the washer and treatments get it all out.

Amara

« Reply #932 on: March 14, 2013, 06:37:49 PM »
I feel for you, ladyknight. One of mine threw up her dinner on my expensive gold and black comforter. The smell was so awful, and it wouldn't come out. I ended up throwing the comforter and matching shams in the trash. I was not happy.

They've also hit the sofa (rarely) and the rugs (semi-regularly). Fingers are crossed for the new comforter, but I suspect some day ...

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #933 on: March 14, 2013, 07:53:00 PM »
Why, oh WHY won't they puke on nice washable surfaces like the kitchen floor?  Why is it ALWAYS a soft, absorbent surface? 
into books first.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #934 on: March 14, 2013, 09:07:00 PM »
Less ricochet on a soft surface?

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #935 on: March 14, 2013, 09:10:07 PM »
I was told that cats preferred carpet and perhaps other soft surfaces, because it allows them to dig their claws in to hang on while they retch.  They can't get the same purchase on hard surfaces.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #936 on: March 15, 2013, 01:51:23 PM »
We had 2 cats for almost 18 years.  We still have Bootsie, but she's 19 and failing. We replaced the carpet with a floating laminate flooring about 5 years ago.  Cats puke and hork hairballs.  It's what they do.  When we saw all the dirt caught in the carpet backing, we swore never to have cats and carpet again.  We will always have cats, hence no more carpet for us.

Midnight used to dash around the condo like it was a race course.  She would dig her claws into the carpet to make high-speed turns.  The first time she dashed around on the laminate floor, her claws slid on the floor and she spun out into the entertainment center. (This belongs in the thread on "Things You Should Not Laugh At.) She quickly learned that her pads had better purchase on the floor than her claws.  After that, we could hear her little pads squeaking as she cornered.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #937 on: March 21, 2013, 10:19:08 PM »
^^ She was squealing her tires!
"After all this time?"
"Always."

MizB

« Reply #938 on: March 25, 2013, 10:01:51 PM »
Dear Cherokee,

Now that you live only with Mr. O I realize it's been lonely. Thank you for adopting me as a pseudo mom. I love you bunches and bunches.

MizB
The giver of snuggles
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’  attributed to Edmund Burke 1729-1797

DistantStar

« Reply #939 on: March 26, 2013, 01:38:17 PM »
I was told that cats preferred carpet and perhaps other soft surfaces, because it allows them to dig their claws in to hang on while they retch.  They can't get the same purchase on hard surfaces.

That makes sense, except that my cat (adopted that way, I didn't do it) is declawed on all four feet!  But she still goes for the carpet.  Maybe she still gets slightly better purchase, but it's not just the claws.

Fortunately I found a really good hork stain remover.  :)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #940 on: March 26, 2013, 01:43:47 PM »
Dear Sassy and Peggy:

I'm on to you two, now.  I get home last night, 12 hours early to empty food dishes and both of you acting like you are starving to death.  So much so that I thought my friend forgot to look in on you.  Today, I find out she did look in on you and feed you appropriately.

It won't work again, my dearies.

Love, the food giver.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Amara

« Reply #941 on: March 26, 2013, 02:14:37 PM »
Fortunately I found a really good hork stain remover.

You are going to share the name, yes?   :)

Brat

« Reply #942 on: March 26, 2013, 02:20:02 PM »
Dear Chewy,

No, I will not tell your brother to stop grabbing your tail and yanking it while you are trying to get my attention.  It is well deserved payback for all of the times you grabbed him by his collar and dragged him up to the perimeter of the invisible fence just so that you could watch him jump and twist and make a funny noise.  I'm glad that switching your collars took care of that, but he is still allowed his payback.... 

Love,
Momma

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #943 on: March 26, 2013, 04:26:29 PM »
Dear Sassy and Peggy:

I'm on to you two, now.  I get home last night, 12 hours early to empty food dishes and both of you acting like you are starving to death.  So much so that I thought my friend forgot to look in on you.  Today, I find out she did look in on you and feed you appropriately.

It won't work again, my dearies.

Love, the food giver.
Our cats would do this within two hours.  DD2 and I were supposed to trade off giving the cats their evening wet food.  I'd do it before I went to bed at 10, and she would do it after she got in from work at midnight.  She was always greeted by cats at the door, cats who had been fed but insisted that they were staaaaaaaaaaaarving!  And if she didn't remember whose turn it was, she fed them.  (They always had dry kibble down, so even if they hadn't been fed wet food, starvation was not imminent.)

We finally worked out a code.  If the light over the stove was on, she was to feed them.  If it was off, I'd fed them.
into books first.

mmswm

« Reply #944 on: March 26, 2013, 04:32:23 PM »
Dear Mo, Scout and Tigger,

We do not need armed sentries on the roof of the house.  The dog is quite good at chasing off intruders without directions from the roof-top look outs.  Also, the nursery workers aren't intruders until they actually leave the nursery and cross onto our property.

Love,
The giver of ear scritches
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)