Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 171597 times)

stargazer

• Super Hero!
Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #945 on: March 26, 2013, 04:40:17 PM »
Rocky,

I have already talked to Smokey asking him to have patience with you and your brother as you are both still active kittens and to stop hissing at you.  But if you keep running up to him and try to eat off the same plate as him - I'm not going to scold him if he hisses at you.  You have your own plate of food.  Not that the hissing bothers you - you just keep doing whatever you feel like but it scares your brother Leo so try to not be SO bold okay?

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #946 on: March 26, 2013, 06:08:51 PM »
Dear Harley,

I know it was horrible torture for you to be left alone with the other creatures while the humans went to work. Why did you have to blast me with a deafening howl when I came home?

Dear Harley and Biscuit,

It is beautiful weather today, so I opened the windows. What about the fresh air made you stampede up and down the stairs at breakneck speed?

Love,

Mummy

StarDrifter

• I never tell people exactly how smart I am
« Reply #947 on: March 27, 2013, 12:00:43 AM »
My darling Archie,

I am aware that, inside your feline brain, I am not a different species, I am, in fact, a large, hairless cat who is incompetent at keeping herself fed and cleaned, and thus you feel the need to lick me regularly and also to leave dead things at each of my doors, so that I can be fed.

However.

I do *not* appreciate it when you decide that the appropriate response, while you are purring at and nuzzling into my belly and the baby in there kicks at you, is to swipe at said baby.

Yeah. Four nasty claw marks right next to my belly button because Baby kicked right where Archie was rubbing his face on my t-shirt - the shirt itself is fine, just punctured but not torn, though the skin underneath is bleeding.

So *someone* is now shut in the laundry while I disinfect and cover up the scratches. Here's hoping that they heal okay!
... it might frighten them.
Victoria,

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #948 on: March 27, 2013, 03:58:12 AM »
My darling Archie,

I am aware that, inside your feline brain, I am not a different species, I am, in fact, a large, hairless cat who is incompetent at keeping herself fed and cleaned, and thus you feel the need to lick me regularly and also to leave dead things at each of my doors, so that I can be fed.

However.

I do *not* appreciate it when you decide that the appropriate response, while you are purring at and nuzzling into my belly and the baby in there kicks at you, is to swipe at said baby.

Yeah. Four nasty claw marks right next to my belly button because Baby kicked right where Archie was rubbing his face on my t-shirt - the shirt itself is fine, just punctured but not torn, though the skin underneath is bleeding.

So *someone* is now shut in the laundry while I disinfect and cover up the scratches. Here's hoping that they heal okay!

I swear I'm laughing with you...not at you :D

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Cat blog
« Reply #949 on: March 27, 2013, 02:54:01 PM »
Dear Matilda,

Jumping on my lap while I am sitting down is a rare and cute occurance. Jumping on my shoulder however, was so unexpected that we stared nose to nose at each other for a moment. I hink its the first time you;ve ever done that.

A big thank you for turning your head away before you sneezed.
No thank you at all for sneezing over my lunch instead.

Your attempt to follow up by sniffing my afflicted lunch was also not appreciated.

Regards,
Your hungry owner

Amara

« Reply #950 on: March 27, 2013, 03:01:08 PM »
Might as well let her sniff it to her heart's content. She flavored it.  >:D

MizB

« Reply #951 on: March 27, 2013, 04:41:09 PM »
Dear Sassy and Peggy:

I'm on to you two, now.  I get home last night, 12 hours early to empty food dishes and both of you acting like you are starving to death.  So much so that I thought my friend forgot to look in on you.  Today, I find out she did look in on you and feed you appropriately.

It won't work again, my dearies.

Love, the food giver.
Our cats would do this within two hours.  DD2 and I were supposed to trade off giving the cats their evening wet food.  I'd do it before I went to bed at 10, and she would do it after she got in from work at midnight.  She was always greeted by cats at the door, cats who had been fed but insisted that they were staaaaaaaaaaaarving!  And if she didn't remember whose turn it was, she fed them.  (They always had dry kibble down, so even if they hadn't been fed wet food, starvation was not imminent.)

We finally worked out a code.  If the light over the stove was on, she was to feed them.  If it was off, I'd fed them.

My boyfriends dog was like that. They just started leaving notes over her food cup.
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’  attributed to Edmund Burke 1729-1797

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Cat blog
« Reply #952 on: March 28, 2013, 11:15:02 AM »
Might as well let her sniff it to her heart's content. She flavored it.  >:D
I don't want to set a precedent, or she'll be after my dinner next!

amylouky

« Reply #953 on: March 28, 2013, 11:18:33 AM »
Dear Butters,

How/why/when did you learn to squat and pee down the bathtub drain?

Curious,

Me

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #954 on: March 28, 2013, 12:04:30 PM »
Dear Louis,

It's a CPAP. It helps me sleep. It is not a scawy monster facehugger. Please do not kill it again.

Love,

The hoomin with kitten scratches on her face
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult); Zuul (F); Magpie (M); Balrog (M); Nazgul (F)

AlephReish

« Reply #955 on: March 28, 2013, 03:46:05 PM »
Dear Butters,

Curious,

Me

Dear Butters -
   Do you teach seminars for felines to learn your awesome skills?

Sincerely,
The mama of two cats with occasional issues

amylouky

« Reply #956 on: March 28, 2013, 03:49:53 PM »
Dear Butters,

Curious,

Me

Dear Butters -
   Do you teach seminars for felines to learn your awesome skills?

Sincerely,
The mama of two cats with occasional issues

Oh, believe me, I wish he would teach that trick to our other cat!
Now if only I could get him to turn on the hot water and rinse the drain out afterward..

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #957 on: March 28, 2013, 07:14:15 PM »
Dear Harley,

Why have you suddenly begun table surfing? You are nearly 15 years old. Table surfing is not good for your health.

Love,

Mummy

Nikko-chan

« Reply #958 on: March 28, 2013, 09:24:28 PM »
Dear Harley,

Why have you suddenly begun table surfing? You are nearly 15 years old. Table surfing is not good for your health.

Love,

Mummy

Dear Mummy,

But it's FUN! And the look on your face is priceless. Did I mention it was fun?

With love,

Harley

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #959 on: March 28, 2013, 10:01:14 PM »
Harley,

You would with the stealth merit badge if you didn't knock things down and make a ton of noise during your ascent to the table and eventual surfing.

Love,

Mummy