Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 145100 times)

greencat

Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #975 on: April 07, 2013, 06:55:43 PM »
Dear Scout,

It's not nice to hide under the broken boards on the back deck and swat at the ankles of passing kids/adults/dogs. You seem to get an enormous amount of pleasure in this, but just remember, one of those dogs could kill you just by sitting on you, and I'd hate to have to clean up dead cat because you finally pushed the mastiff too far.

Love,
The person who wants you to stick around for a long, long time.

Dear Scout,

Don't worry.  Cats can survive quite awhile with a dog sitting on them.  I decided that the dog crate belonged to me one time and the dog sat on me and it took Mommy half an hour to figure out that the black dog had one too many limbs sticking out.

Love,
Princess

Reader

« Reply #976 on: April 08, 2013, 09:51:29 AM »
Dear Weezer, my new renter's dog,

Yes I know you miss your dad when he goes to work, and it's a new house.  But for the sake of my ears please don't let the whole house know.  I had to go to my fav brewery for peace and quiet yesterday lol.

Thanks,

Reader

JeseC

« Reply #977 on: April 08, 2013, 02:56:25 PM »
Dear Pouncy:

You are covered in fur and insist on rolling around on plastic things and on the carpet.  It is not our fault when you come up to the humans and get shocked.  I know you don't like it, but there's really nothing we can do.

AnnaT

« Reply #978 on: April 12, 2013, 12:37:33 AM »
Dear Oscar

I'm sorry!  I have no idea how you got fleas - you're an inside cat and I'm careful about it - however, sitting in the sun and plotting my demise was quite unnerving.  I did turn on the heat lamps in the bathroom for you.  Please get that 'peeved' look off your face - its been three days and I'm still nervous about falling asleep while you're in the bedroom!

Love
She who put you in the bath

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #979 on: April 12, 2013, 09:05:59 AM »
Oh, that's a great pic.

I can just see the 'I can't believe you did this to me; I'm going to get you back when you are least expecting it' thought bubble above his head.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
« Reply #980 on: April 12, 2013, 01:20:55 PM »
Yeah, that's not a pleased kitty. "You know those shoes you like? Say goodbye to them."
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

Calistoga

« Reply #981 on: April 12, 2013, 01:55:13 PM »
Dear Pipsqueak,

I know you used to sleep with your head between the porch rails. You were smaller back then. If you get your head stuck one more time, I'm not going to come save you.

Love, Mom

stargazer

• Super Hero!
« Reply #982 on: April 12, 2013, 02:19:03 PM »
Leo - you are a kitten.  As far as I know, you were abandoned.  How do you already know how to stretch your body out to take over half the bed?  And no, you should NOT sleep right next to your human dad with your paws or head resting on his back - he flips and turns a lot during the night and you are going to get squished.

Melle

« Reply #983 on: April 18, 2013, 10:09:34 AM »
Dear cat,

yes, I know I can make it rain inside. It's called a shower. That doesn't mean I'm responsible when it rains outside! Don't rant at me when you come inside with wet fur, it's not my fault.

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Cat blog
« Reply #984 on: April 18, 2013, 12:00:18 PM »
Dear cat,

yes, I know I can make it rain inside. It's called a shower. That doesn't mean I'm responsible when it rains outside! Don't rant at me when you come inside with wet fur, it's not my fault.
Yes it is. Don't you know you are meant to turn the water off!  ;D
Pet Hatchery | My books
Killgrace stories - Webserial current date: 3rd October 1929

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
  • Is it Spring yet?
« Reply #985 on: April 18, 2013, 09:28:48 PM »
Dear cat,

Yes it is. Don't you know you are meant to turn the water off!  ;D
It is ALSO your fault when the patch of sunlight in which the cat was sleeping moves away and even disappears.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I don't go crazy.  I AM crazy.  I sometimes go normal. 
Please make a note of this for future reference.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

JadeAngel

« Reply #986 on: April 19, 2013, 10:11:50 PM »
Dear Gizmo,

Last night when I went out to unlock the gate for the bad man you zipped between my ankles and took off into the garden. After a merry fifteen minute chase (in the freezing cold) I finally cornered you in a pot plant and got you inside.

THIS MORNING, I came down and opened up the outside door so you could go sit outside in the sunshine and you took one look and went 'Uck, fresh air, don't want' and took yourself upstairs.

I know you only like outside when it's cold and dark and I'm going to have to chase you around (because we live behind the pub and Friday night is not a good time for kitties to be wandering about) but surely we can come to some kind of agreement about this?

And don't even think about whipping outside when I'm about to leave for lunch. I'm not chasing you in heels.

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #987 on: April 24, 2013, 11:25:48 PM »
 Dear Salem

You're weird.  There's no other way to say it, dear.

I love that you're a lapcat, and I adore the way you roll around, loll, squirm and wriggle, paws everywhere when you're getting scritches.  But seriously...  the ears were back, the eyes were slitted and fangs were showing.  You were even lashing your tail.  It looked for all the world like you were planning to eat my face.  Meanwhile you were purring up a storm.

Please sort out the kitty body language thing, honey.  Otherwise you'll confuse anyone that doesn't know you as well as I do.  That 'demonic black cat' look was freaky!

Love
Mum

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #988 on: April 25, 2013, 09:18:58 AM »
Dear Peggy:

Why do you growl when my 'Mr. Fixit' comes to the door?  And why do you hide when he comes inside?  He's a nice guy.  Really!  Your sister follows him around, making a pest out of herself, so I guess it's not all bad that you are out of his hair.  But really, he isn't going to hurt you.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

stargazer

• Super Hero!
« Reply #989 on: April 25, 2013, 10:21:49 AM »
Dear Roxie,

I understand that you were abandoned or lost and probably didn't get enough food at one point in your kittenhood.  But you have been here for months now and do not lack for food.  So why do you insist on trying to eat my makeup brushes?  I have to take them back from you every morning when you grab them out of my purse.  It's really not good for you and no, I'm not getting you your own, even if you are the only girl kitty in the house.