Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 171110 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #990 on: April 25, 2013, 12:37:50 PM »
Dear Harley and Mischief,

I know you were annoyed by the maintenance staff yesterday, but they had to come and sort out the broken air conditioner.

However, that does not mean the steak the humans had for dinner is yours. You do not need to stand on it, on top of the cutting board, on the table!

Sigh,

Mom

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #991 on: April 25, 2013, 03:44:42 PM »
So why do you insist on trying to eat my makeup brushes?
When the real Midnight was alive, she was "highly interactive." Whatever we were doing, Midnight had to supervise &/or help.  She loved to curl up in the top cover of my makeup case while I applied my makeup.  She was investigating the brushes and somehow ended up with bronzer on her cute little nose. Talk about gilding the lily. DH told her that she's a natural beauty and doesn't need to wear makeup. ;D
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Snooks

« Reply #992 on: April 25, 2013, 05:44:17 PM »
So why do you insist on trying to eat my makeup brushes?
When the real Midnight was alive, she was "highly interactive." Whatever we were doing, Midnight had to supervise &/or help.  She loved to curl up in the top cover of my makeup case while I applied my makeup.  She was investigating the brushes and somehow ended up with bronzer on her cute little nose. Talk about gilding the lily. DH told her that she's a natural beauty and doesn't need to wear makeup. ;D

I hope he said the same to you!

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #993 on: April 25, 2013, 07:02:29 PM »
DH told her that she's a natural beauty and doesn't need to wear makeup. ;D
I hope he said the same to you!
He did and he does, but I know he lies because I have a mirror.  He would prefer that I never wear any makeup and I prefer to look "finished."  For our anniversary one year, I came home from work, took a shower and washed my face clean, put on a nice dress, and he took me out to a fancy restaurant for dinner.  It wasn't easy for me to go out in public with a *naked* face, especially in a fancy restaurant, but that was my gift to him. :-*
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

AlephReish

« Reply #994 on: April 25, 2013, 08:21:57 PM »
Dear Roxie,
    Our mommy just saw a makeup brush toy at PetSmart - http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12143717 - is that what you're trying to ask your mommy to get you?

Love!
Dorsey and Dizzy

stargazer

• Super Hero!
« Reply #995 on: April 25, 2013, 08:54:40 PM »
Dear Dorsey and Dizzy,

I have cried to mommy that is exactly what I want, but she is complaining that she is tired and doesn't want to go out again.  I will wear her down with my cuteness (and cries).

- A very excited Roxie

AlephReish

« Reply #996 on: April 25, 2013, 11:14:50 PM »
Dear Roxie,

You know what to do.

Love!
Dorsey and Dizzy

OSUJillyBean

« Reply #997 on: April 26, 2013, 10:05:50 AM »
Dear Lucy,

I know your dinner was late last night but climbing on top of the stove and licking the pan we used to make Mexican is not acceptable.  You are very lucky the stove was off and you didn't burn your paws!  Also, proving how hungry you are by chewing on my fingers is neither cute nor funny.

Love,
MommyBean

Melle

« Reply #998 on: April 26, 2013, 10:10:03 AM »
Dear Lucy,

I have read your mommy's letter and I have to firmly agree, as I have once taken it upon me to lick a plate that had held Chili before and I couldn't do a decent meow for two hours afterwards. Hot things are not good things - for any of the two meanings of the word.

Love,
Melle's cat.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #999 on: April 26, 2013, 10:38:57 AM »
Dear Peggy:

Thanks so much for cleaning up the kitty food I spilled on the floor last night when I transferred the new bag into my Tupperware container.  I knew I could count on you.

However, trying to eat the muffin papers I forgot to throw in the garbage?  Yeah, not so much.

I seem to be on a seefood diet these days, too, and really, it isn't good for either of us.

Love,
Your fellow rotund one
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Snooks

« Reply #1000 on: May 05, 2013, 08:23:19 AM »
Dear Cat

Running into the neighbour's house and hiding behind their couch twice is not the best way to introduce yourself. It's lucky they were nice about it but please, I don't want to be 'that' neighbour, don't do it again.

Snooks

guihong

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1001 on: May 05, 2013, 10:52:19 AM »
Dear Izzy:

Cranking up a meow at 5:30 on a Sunday does not endear you to Daddy or me.  This is a weekend; you do not have to wake us up today.

And Daddy is especially not amused when you hide under blankets, then yowl when he bumps you in the dark.

Love,
Provider of cans

mmswm

« Reply #1002 on: May 05, 2013, 10:59:07 AM »
Dear Mo,

Dive bombing me from the overhang over the front door when I haven't had my coffee yet is a bad idea.  Please wait until a little later in the day to try these sorts of tricks.

Thanks,
She who makes sure you get your 5am ear scritchies.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Vicki

« Reply #1003 on: May 05, 2013, 04:16:37 PM »
Dear Polycarp,

You don't like people, other than me, you run for you life when the doorbell rings - so why, why, why, did you decide to make my lunch guest (also my boss) your best friend?  He's allergic to you and you wouldn't leave him alone. 

Puzzled,

she who provides the food and water

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1004 on: May 06, 2013, 06:21:53 PM »
Dear Harley and Mischief,

Your human brother has found a kitten and he is going to bring it home next weekend. You need to be nice during your supervised visits, or she will live in his bedroom forever. I know you two are getting up there in age, but this kitty needs a home.

Love,

Mom