Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 144294 times)

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
  • Is it Spring yet?
Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #1020 on: May 12, 2013, 12:10:24 PM »
Dear Gizmo,

Last night when I went out to unlock the gate for the bad man you zipped between my ankles and took off into the garden. After a merry fifteen minute chase (in the freezing cold) I finally cornered you in a pot plant and got you inside.

THIS MORNING, I came down and opened up the outside door so you could go sit outside in the sunshine and you took one look and went 'Uck, fresh air, don't want' and took yourself upstairs.

I know you only like outside when it's cold and dark and I'm going to have to chase you around (because we live behind the pub and Friday night is not a good time for kitties to be wandering about) but surely we can come to some kind of agreement about this?

And don't even think about whipping outside when I'm about to leave for lunch. I'm not chasing you in heels.

You have pot plants in  your neighborhood?   ???
In some places pot plant = house plant, because they're in pots.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I don't go crazy.  I AM crazy.  I sometimes go normal. 
Please make a note of this for future reference.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

bluhairfreak

« Reply #1021 on: May 14, 2013, 12:07:43 PM »
Dear Rocky
  What happened?  You used to be such a polite little man who would sit and wait to be invited into a lap.  Now it's all "oooh open lap? MINE!" and will paw, climb and jump in without any regard to what I'm doing or working on.(or is I'm sitting in a position conducive to you large fluffy butt fitting in)

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #1022 on: May 14, 2013, 05:40:48 PM »
Dear Carmen,

Why are you suddenly hiding in the vanity in the bathroom?  The top of the cable box is the warmest spot in the apartment.

Must be the afternoon sun you're avoiding.  I don't blame you.

Love, She Who Buys You Fancy Feast.

stargazer

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1023 on: May 18, 2013, 12:44:02 AM »
Dear Rockie,

What is with you?  You LOVE attention and purr like crazy if you're on the bed or hanging out anywhere in the bathroom.  In fact, you sometimes purr violently to the point where I'm wondering if it can hurt you.  I listened to you purr to yourself for half an hour in the bathroom today after getting some pets.  But then practically anywhere else in the house, you want very little to do with us.  What's up with that?

And I can't help it that the cat makeup brush didn't smell right.  Please stop stealing mine!!!!

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #1024 on: May 23, 2013, 11:18:30 PM »
I thought this would give everyone a laugh  ;D

My Photography Gallery
http://www.ctartisticphotos.com/

guihong

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1025 on: May 23, 2013, 11:55:35 PM »
 ;D With the cat speaking in a Stewie voice, naturally!

greencat

« Reply #1026 on: May 24, 2013, 12:10:58 AM »
Dear Moose,

You are so cute most of the time.  You are not cute at all when you interrupt my efforts to get in the shower with love bites DIRECTLY ON MY SPRAINED ANKLE.  What exactly is wrong with you that you keep doing that? I thought I had broken that biting habit of yours last month...

Love,
Your injured mom.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1027 on: May 24, 2013, 09:34:54 AM »
Dear Sassy and Peggy:

Which one of you has suddenly decided to become bulimic?  I don't mind the empty food bowl; I can ignore your pitiful cries for more food but cleaning up 7 piles of yuk in 12 hours?  Not so much fun.

I hope you are feeling better,

Love, your slave.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
« Reply #1028 on: May 24, 2013, 07:15:58 PM »
Dear Sassy & Peggy,
We loooove leaving those piles for our feeder also!  The best are the ones next to the bed that she finds first thing in the morning!!  Our feeder usually switches our food (takes away anything seafood) and now that it is hairball season, the hairball helpers out there might be something your feeder could get you.
Best wishes on always hitting the carpet and not the easy clean tile or linoleum,
Mr. B, Sophie, Lola & Jezebel

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1029 on: May 24, 2013, 07:26:24 PM »
LOL.  Yes, they did leave most of their presents on mats, rather than the hardwood.  But at least the mats can get thrown in the washer every once in a while.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

AnnaT

« Reply #1030 on: May 30, 2013, 09:10:05 PM »
Dear Oscar

I am so sorry you had to go in for surgery yesterday to remove the lump from your side but you came through it well, the vet said you behaved very nicely and didn't need the 'Cone of Shame' as you had left the stitches alone all afternoon.... so why (WHY?) did you suddenly decide, at the time the vet closed, to pull out two stitches?!?!?  I had put a photo of you up on Facebook saying you were very brave - now you have to live with the second photo that everyone is laughing at!

Love - she who wasn't laughing when you ate dinner (honest!) ;)

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
« Reply #1031 on: May 31, 2013, 12:43:21 AM »
awww...the cone of shame!!!   My cat had to wear one after ear surgery and he got under the bed and got stuck.  We had to carefully take the bed apart to get him out!

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #1032 on: May 31, 2013, 02:02:57 AM »
Dear Buddy;

We know you are a friendly cat and just want to playplayplay, but please watch those pointy bits.  We love the way you play at first, batting with soft paws and no claws, so we know you can control yourself.  Then you go all teenage boy on us (he's 9 months) and get rowdy, biting ankles and Honey Girl's nose.  Honey Girl* is going to be your best friend and playmate if you keep your pointy bits to yourself.

Your loyal servant

*Honey Girl is the 4 y.o. terrier/dachshund mix we brought home with Buddy from the humane society last Friday.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1033 on: June 01, 2013, 12:06:31 AM »
Congrats on new companions, MK!

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #1034 on: June 10, 2013, 02:57:14 PM »
Dear Buddy;

You are such a lover, so gentle and affectionate.  Why do you change in a split second into Killer Kitty?  One moment you are flopping down on my feet like a Ragdoll and the next moment you are biting my ankle.  DH says you are trying to bring down the "big game" (us).  When attacking our ankles doesn't work, you try to trip us up.  I guess you figure once we're down on the floor, it will be easier to finish us off.  Trust me, tripping my disabled DH will not end well for either of you.

Oh, and one last thing - Please do not jump in my lap when I am sitting on the *throne.*  I don't need your help in the bathroom.  I know you need a lot of love, but I need a little bit of privacy.

Your loyal servant
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius