Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 192342 times)

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #1035 on: June 10, 2013, 05:19:39 PM »
Dear Figaro,

You are one of the handsomest cats I've ever known and the most handsome cat I've ever had.  Why, therefore, do you not want me to take your picture?  I didn't get a single good shot of you this afternoon.

While we're at it, I know you like to be brushed.  I ran that wire thing on you, cleared it 20 times, and you are still shedding.  Why don't you turn over on your left side so I can get your right side, too?

Love,

She Who Buys You Fancy Feast.

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #1036 on: June 10, 2013, 05:33:29 PM »
Dear Figaro,

You are one of the handsomest cats I've ever known and the most handsome cat I've ever had.  Why, therefore, do you not want me to take your picture?  I didn't get a single good shot of you this afternoon.
We think Buddy is quite handsome, too.  He is true black with a few white hairs in his ears.  I can't get a good picture of him because my camera can't find anything to focus on.  He was laying on Honey Girl's black towel, chewing on her rawhide bone.  When I aimed the camera at him, the little red box kept trying to find a "face" without success.  He doesn't show up any better on the black chairs.  In fact, we keep sitting on him because, with his eyes shut, he disappears on the chair.  When I finally got one good picture of him asleep on the bamboo flooring, the second photo (half a second later) shows only a close up of his nose. ;D
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Venus193

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1037 on: June 10, 2013, 07:46:14 PM »
Figaro usually turns his head just as I depress the shutter.  The best I did today was a couple of profile shots.

greencat

« Reply #1038 on: June 11, 2013, 02:08:02 AM »
Dear kitties, all of you, including the stray kitties that I don't own:

I am not sure I like this parade following me to the mailbox and the neighbor's house.  I look like a very strange Mama Duck or Pied Piper.

Love,

Your food-enabler.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1039 on: June 11, 2013, 08:48:12 AM »
You have Snow White syndrome!

magicdomino

« Reply #1040 on: June 11, 2013, 02:53:25 PM »
Dear Figaro,

Love,

She Who Buys You Fancy Feast.

Along the same lines:

Dear Domino,

The camera will not steal your soul.  You don't need to run out of the room as soon as I turn it on.

Sincerely,
The would-be photographer

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
« Reply #1041 on: June 11, 2013, 07:48:22 PM »
Dear cats (I don't quite know which of you is guilty so I will address you all) :
    Those clothes I set out before I went in the shower?  They weren't a lovely bed.  For once can I walk out of the house without wearing half of you guys all over me????

Dear kittens :
     I am so happy you are weaning from Momma cat and are starting to eat the baby nummies, but because you have discovered solids doesn't mean you are allowed to get up and steal DD's pork chop tonight.  I can't even figure out how 2lb kittens got up on the table but that is a big no no!  And the Birthday cake I caught you licking?  Major tummy ache.  Please eat the baby nummies instead!

Signed,
Your fur covered servant

Venus193

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1042 on: June 11, 2013, 08:59:38 PM »
Dear cats (I don't quite know which of you is guilty so I will address you all) :
    Those clothes I set out before I went in the shower?  They weren't a lovely bed.  For once can I walk out of the house without wearing half of you guys all over me????

Dear kittens :
     I am so happy you are weaning from Momma cat and are starting to eat the baby nummies, but because you have discovered solids doesn't mean you are allowed to get up and steal DD's pork chop tonight.  I can't even figure out how 2lb kittens got up on the table but that is a big no no!  And the Birthday cake I caught you licking?  Major tummy ache.  Please eat the baby nummies instead!

Signed,
Your fur covered servant

Pictures!

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
« Reply #1043 on: June 11, 2013, 09:13:15 PM »
I can't seem to figure out how to get a pic on here..they are wittle sweetieumpkins!!!!!

Delia DeLyons

« Reply #1044 on: June 11, 2013, 11:14:34 PM »
Dearest Lucy and Cannella:

That was my stomach that growled... No Lucy, it was not the ~8 month old adopted kitten challenging you for rights to the bed; and no, Cannella, it was not the 3 year old resident cat giving you hell for daring to place paw on said bed...

I missed my supper because I was too fascinated by your interactions while adjusting to this big change - lesson learned.

But I know this will all be old news to the two of you soon, so I'm secretly cherishing these fascinating times...

Thanks for both joining me on the couch tonight -  a sign post that acceptance is nearing.

I love you both,
Lap Lady
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 11:19:57 PM by Delia DeLyons »
Once in a while you get your delight, in the strangest of faces if you look at it right...

greencat

« Reply #1045 on: June 11, 2013, 11:54:57 PM »
Dear kitties, again, all of you,

It was nice outside last night.  A great night to open my window.  I couldn't hardly sleep because you idiots kept going in and out the window and bouncing on me.  Princess, you are a causer of massive pain, as you kept trying to stretch out using my injured ankle as an anchor, and you kept trying to sleep on my head.  I could feel my eyes start swelling shut last night due to your presence on my pillow - having cat hair introduced directly to my eyes will do that.

mmswm

« Reply #1046 on: June 12, 2013, 09:47:10 AM »
Dear kitties, all of you, including the stray kitties that I don't own:

I am not sure I like this parade following me to the mailbox and the neighbor's house.  I look like a very strange Mama Duck or Pied Piper.

Love,

Your food-enabler.

If it makes you feel any better, the strays at the convenience store I frequent appear out of nowhere the second I pull into the parking lot.  I feel guilty and give them ear scritchies every time I go in and out, but I swear they know the sound of my engine and come running when they hear it.  The owner of the store does the TNR thing with the ferals and strays in the area, and this area is a popular "dumping ground" for unwanted pets, so there are quite a lot of the kitties.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

peach2play

« Reply #1047 on: June 12, 2013, 01:05:58 PM »
Dear Kitten,

I know you really want to explore the world.  I know you thought you had us fooled by getting out of the 6'x10'x6' dog pen Mommy got for you so you could still go outside but not roam the neighborhood.  However, Mommy and Daddy are not as stupid as you think and you were caught scaling the inside corner of the cage like a tree.  Do not look so forlorn.  It's just a tarp over the top so you can not escape.  Daddy will be putting chicken wire over the top tonight so you can once again see the sky.  If only you would have let me leash train you...then you really could go explore the world.

Love,
The giver of chicken

greencat

« Reply #1048 on: June 12, 2013, 11:13:25 PM »
Dear newly brought-in kitten overlord:

So far, you have sent two text messages, several FaceBook IMs, made a phone call, posted to FaceBook, and posted your own introductory post here.  I mean, I walked out of the room in the middle of composing it, and came back in to find that a line of keysmash got added and it was posted.  Perhaps you're actually some kind of alien and are trying to communicate?  You were, might I add, brought in only after your mama cat came in my window and did her best "Timmy fell in the well!" impression to alert me that you were stuck in the roof.

Love,

Your new human slave

Firecat

« Reply #1049 on: June 12, 2013, 11:19:13 PM »
I personally ascribe to the theory that kittens are furry little chaos elementals. Cute little chaos elementals, but chaos elementals none the less.