News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• December 18, 2017, 04:52:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 683323 times)

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #1065 on: June 24, 2013, 01:29:31 PM »
Dear Buddy;

Please be nicer to your doggy sister, Honey Girl.  I know you are *starving* despite your 3 generous meals each day.  I know that, when you are done eating your food, you finish what is left in Honey Girl's food dish, even the carrots, but please wait until she is finished eating.  Don't stick your face in the dog's food dish while she is eating.  I am amazed that she didn't even growl, but just gave you doggy "stink eye."

... and please stop with the "love bites."  They hurt!

Love,
Mommy
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #1066 on: June 24, 2013, 01:31:21 PM »
Dear Sassy:

Please stop standing on my boob, especially when I'm trying to take a nap.  That hurts!

Love,
The giant pillow.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

Delia DeLyons

« Reply #1067 on: June 24, 2013, 09:16:06 PM »
Dear Sassy -

I guess our humans just don't understand our paws have mammary magnets inside... Wish they'd just learn to deal... Ours' is so wiggly...and such a sailor's mouth!

Lucy & Cannella
Once in a while you get your delight, in the strangest of faces if you look at it right...

greencat

• Trap...Neuter...What was that third thing again?
« Reply #1068 on: June 24, 2013, 10:55:00 PM »
Dear BatKittens:

Your group decision last night to gnaw on my leg was unwise.  If you continue, I will be giving away four little fur hats instead of four kittens.  Seriously.  I can sleep through you playing on me, but not when at least three of you sit on my leg and scratch and chew.  I am pretty sure I was not sentenced to the Death of One Thousand Itty-Bitty Puncture Marks.  The subsequent nightmares that you had multiplied overnight and become NINE kittens were also terrifying. 

Love,
The Babysitter

Craftyone

« Reply #1069 on: July 13, 2013, 12:08:11 AM »
Dear Mischka
The pesky little humans will be gone on Monday night (we've got my 10 & 8 year old nieces staying with us, who like giving her copious amount of pats). But, until then, if you're going to hide in the curtain then make sure that you don't stick your tail out, it really gives you away. You know I tell them to leave you alone if I catch them near you but I can't protect you all the time so thank you for being good about it all. Just keep sleeping in our bedroom until they go.
Love mum

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
« Reply #1070 on: July 13, 2013, 10:04:03 AM »
Dear Mischka,
  One swipe of the pointy things (just a swipe, not an actual hit) usually settles down the short two legged thing from giving squishy hugs.
Love
Mr. B & Sophie

Nikko-chan

« Reply #1071 on: July 13, 2013, 09:07:24 PM »
Dear Mischief,

Right now you are sleeping contentedly. In a few hours you will wake up and want to play... it will be the middle of the night and I would like to get some rest. Please sync up your schedule with mine. Thank You.

The temporary provider of housing and noms.

starofwinter

« Reply #1072 on: July 17, 2013, 08:44:09 PM »
Dear tiny feral outside,
Please be careful!  You're very small and very easily hurt.  I wish you would let me catch you and make sure you're alright.  I'm very sorry I frightened you earlier, but at least I now know all your pointy ends are working.  Ow.

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
« Reply #1073 on: July 17, 2013, 10:02:52 PM »
Dear Phinneus (formerly mathilda  oops),
I was so glad that you took the time to stalk and get that moth at 4 this morning.  How ever would I have lived with it in my house?  And thanks for making sure I was awake to see this brave act,  sorry I came flying down the steps looking like a crazy lady..for all the noise your 4 lb self was making, I thought I was being invaded.  Of course, I am happy you saved your final acrobatic feat for me to see when you launched yourself at the moth, who made the mistake of landing on the curtain.  It was as if time stood still as I watched you go swinging on my favorite summer drapes, so Tarzan like, with the sound of it ripping straight across.  I appreciate the new look of one side being a drape, the other side, now just a valance.   The lamp is cracked, the drapes are shot, but gosh darnit, that evil moth was caught!

Sincerely,
The lady that thinks you are too crazy and I will never find you a permanent home

AnnaT

« Reply #1074 on: July 18, 2013, 12:19:28 AM »
[Like Button]  ;D

Venus193

• Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #1075 on: July 19, 2013, 07:31:30 AM »
Dear Carmen and Figaro,

It's too hot to cuddle right now.  Please remember that because you get your shedding hair all over your human mum who then has to take a cold bath to get it off.

And Figaro, please don't object when Mum wipes you down with cool water on a paper towel.  It's too hot for any of us and that cools you off.  Just don't lick it off and you'll be fine.

Love,

Your unemployed mum who loves you very much

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
« Reply #1076 on: July 19, 2013, 01:01:43 PM »
Dear Madelyne,
  I thought you were the good one!!!  I loved that lamp!  I was willing to pay big bucks just to have it!  I told my own children what horrible things would rain down on their heads if anything happened to it!  When you dove on the table and lost your footing (you are not a graceful kitten!)  I saw it tipping, and it was like a movie scene..everything went slow motion..the lamp wobbling, me yelling noooooooo and trying to get to it, then it hitting the floor, smashing into more pieces than I thought it could.  At least you didn't look proud as your brother did when he destroyed the drapes, but then you performed the encore of racing up stairs, diving on my dresser and wiping out all my Knick Knacks and picture frames.  I surrender..you 2 will have my house in a pile of rubble before I find you homes !

Signed,
The lady bubble wrapping everything

PS..It is 93 degrees, I don't have air..quit sleeping on my darn face!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 02:31:26 PM by *inviteseller »

Amara

« Reply #1077 on: July 19, 2013, 02:01:57 PM »
Oooh, *inviteseller, that is bad! I am so sorry.

I recently found and bought a lovely lace tablecloth at my favorite thrift store. Never mind that it was only $10, I love it. But I didn't put it on the table for several days for exactly that reason until I remembered that none of my three have been on that table for a while. Not because they don't want to but because they have gotten older. They are now 12, 11, and 10 years old so they don't even try to jump that far anymore. Thank goodness; there are benefits to older kitties.

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
« Reply #1078 on: July 19, 2013, 02:32:49 PM »
Yeah..no table clothes here..obviously I can't have drapes, lamps, picture frames, a good nights sleep...

Ser Lucien Liliane

• The Unsleeping Translator
    • My tumblr
« Reply #1079 on: July 19, 2013, 05:51:31 PM »
Dear Branwen the Awful,

Oh cat. Look. I love you to death, cat. Why else would I keep buying you expensive canned food to treat you in addition to the dry food that's always out? And I know you adore that food - you shove your face right in the dish and inhale it like you haven't been fed in weeks!

But while I love you dearly, I really don't love when you eat so fast that you then proceed to deposit your just-inhaled food on the floor in a disgusting heap. And I REALLY don't love when you stand over it, pawing disdainfully at the floor as if trying to cover it up, so I can't clean it up before it dries into the carpet. You only weigh twelve pounds, cat, and I weigh a hundred and two, so don't look so offended when I bodily move you away from the mess.

Get over it, cat. And please eat a little bit slower, will you?

Dear Rika the Angry Fluff,

Why in the seven bloody hells do YOU not eat canned food or treats?! I would be very happy if you would even deign to push it away with a paw and walk off! Or even sniff it! But no, you avoid it like it threatened to give you a bath! You picky little ball of angry fluff! You're just lucky you're adorable and I don't mind when you try to eat my spicy crisps...but please keep your head out of the bag next time, you little brat.

Love, that warm clumsy thing that feeds and brushes and pets you.
"Ah, yes. I forgot you've taken levels in Defeating Paperwork."