News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 22, 2017, 02:22:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 660925 times)

stargazer

Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #1080 on: July 19, 2013, 08:09:06 PM »
Dear Mouse,

What in the world did you get into last night?  Your poor paw pad is torn and bloody.  I'm sorry about the vet but it was necessary.  Nice guilt job with the crying though.   Luckily he doesn't think there is anything stuck in it and gave you a pain shot and antibiotics.  Don't give me looks when I don't let you outside for the next couple of days.  Until you stop limping or lifting your paw you are on lockdown inside.   

Fliss

• Australia - the land that time forgot.
« Reply #1081 on: July 19, 2013, 08:47:39 PM »
Dear Sam

I realise that as a young rotty, you have lots of energy. Far more than I can burn off by taking walks every morning. However -- this does not mean you need to try and dig Australia's newest open sky mine in the backyard every morning.

So far, your deepest attempt in only a metre, and the rhumba that your tail and backside were doing as the only visible part of you out of the hole was cute. But it has to stop! If you dug up near the dead tree stump, we wouldn't mind, but you insist on digging right in the middle of the drive, and if I don't find and fill one in time, we're going to break an axle.

In short -- you aren't contracted to a mining company, and there's no ores of ANY sort in the yard. So please, enough digging already!

The shovel wielder.
Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

greencat

• Trap...Neuter...What was that third thing again?
« Reply #1082 on: July 19, 2013, 10:49:24 PM »
Dear Princess,

My head is not for sleeping on.  For that matter, my pillow is for my head, not for you.  I'm already having respiratory issues (which are much better now after my first day on antibiotics and steroids!) and having a face full of cat does not help.

Love,

The person trying to breathe.

Ms Marple

« Reply #1083 on: July 20, 2013, 06:57:50 AM »
Ms Neenah Cat advises that breathing is overrated.  ;D

fabric-dragon

« Reply #1084 on: July 20, 2013, 07:58:12 AM »
Dear Branwen the Awful,

I am forcing Mommy to come out of lurkdom to send you this message.  Tell your Mommy to spread your yummy gushy food  on a big plate.  My Mommy does this with my gushy foods to force me to slow down.  It helps to keep the yummys in my tummy. 

Yours in love of gushy foods
Grizel the Invincible

missanpan

« Reply #1085 on: July 20, 2013, 11:52:28 AM »
Dear Kimmie-cat, a.k.a. Kimmie-bean,

How in the world did you know that I intended to take you and Momo to the vet's office? I didn't even say the words vet, shot or cat carrier. Heck, I didn't even make a move towards the closet where the carriers are kept. And yet there you were, hiding under the bed refusing to come out. Luckily, Momo is a bit dim and couldn't figure out why you were hiding out.

From she who begs for forgiveness for the horrible vet visit transgression.

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
« Reply #1086 on: July 20, 2013, 12:01:33 PM »
Dear Kimmie-cat,
Oh our silly owners think we don't know, but we can read minds.  Next time, if your food giver gets you out from under the bed, do what we do..grow 6 more legs and spread them all out so they can't get you in the carrier. 

Purrs and Head Butts,
Mr. B, Sophie, Lola, & Jezebel

Ser Lucien Liliane

• The Unsleeping Translator
    • My tumblr
« Reply #1087 on: July 20, 2013, 12:16:10 PM »
Dear Grizel the Invincible,

Not-Furry One is already threatening to mash my food to the bottom of my dish so I have to WORK at it. I like the plate idea better. I will pass it on, along with a good dose of my very favorite kitty stinkeye that she would even THINK about making me WORK for my food. Hmph.

Viva la gooshy,
Branwen the Not So Awful No Really
"Ah, yes. I forgot you've taken levels in Defeating Paperwork."

guihong

« Reply #1088 on: July 20, 2013, 04:05:19 PM »
Dear Gracie and Izzy:

The hoomans at the vet's will take good care of you and probably give you better gooshyfood than I do.  They will put you two in a large place because Mommy said both of you will cry if you can't find the other (even on the other side of a door  ::)).  You'll have a nice blanket to sleep on, and supervised stretch-out time in a big room.  It's going to be OK!  It really wasn't necessary to yowl in harmony in the waiting room so loudly that people from the back came out to see what was going on.

With that said...your dishes with the remains of your breakfasts look so lonely.  It's too quiet in here.  I miss you guys.

Love,
The one who decided to board you

Ser Lucien Liliane

• The Unsleeping Translator
    • My tumblr
« Reply #1089 on: July 21, 2013, 02:22:45 PM »
*sigh*

Dear Branwen,

Thank you very much for not horking up your canned food yesterday. And while it pains me to praise you for waking me up with your horking this afternoon, thank you for at least not horking up anything SOLID.

But did you really have to hork up liquid on my carpet? Cat, you know I can't see liquid on the shag carpet. That stuff looks no different no matter what you spill/drop/whatever on it.

I'm really not happy that I keep stepping in it. It's too dingdangity hot for shoes.

Please to be stopping with the hork. Or at least do it in the kitchen. And don't wake me after I've spent all night unable to breathe and FINALLY got some sleep.  >:(

Dear Rika,
Thank you for not having a touchy stomach. Also thank you for letting me gently pin you down and brush the mats out of your belly fur. You're such a good fluff.

Mumble grumble sigh,
the Not-Furry-One.
"Ah, yes. I forgot you've taken levels in Defeating Paperwork."

GreenHall

« Reply #1090 on: July 21, 2013, 04:21:00 PM »
Dear Renfield,
You are very good at looking terribly abused.  The problem is that putting flea stuff on your neck isn't abuse.  We are both upset by the time I mange to catch you long enough to squeeze the tiny little tube of stuff on your neck.  Afterwards, your only injury is to your dignity. 
We would both be more dignified if you we're a little less stubborn about this.

Love,
I don't really enjoy fleas in my bed, so we ARE going to keep doing this.

Fliss

• Australia - the land that time forgot.
« Reply #1091 on: July 21, 2013, 05:59:16 PM »

Dear Renfield,

Ugh! Hitchikers! Don't they just make you scratch and nibble your tail like mad, mate?!

But be happy your Human only has to use 'The Tube' to make you bug-free. We got what felt like hundreds of the little itchies in a few hours (or it seemed like), and our Humans had to wash all their bedding, and our beds and blankets in that smelly eucalyptus stuff! Didn't smell like our nice, warm, cozy den at all.

THEN they took us to our favourite pet store and gave us a (shudder) b-a-t-h. With more smelly euca-whatever stuff. All the other dogs laughed at us! I saw a poodle sniggering as we went past. AND then they put The Tube stuff on us anyway!

Be glad it's just The Tube for you, mate.

Mates in itchies.....
The Demon Twins.
Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

magicdomino

« Reply #1092 on: July 22, 2013, 09:25:36 AM »
It's so embarrassing when the poodles snicker.

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #1093 on: July 22, 2013, 10:30:17 AM »
Dear Ninja

I know you're just trying to live up to your name, but please stop riding the puppies. They don't see you coming when you leap down from the couch, all they know is there's suddenly something sharp on their back. Don't be so surprised when the boys roll over and pin you down. You started this game; if you don't want them to gnaw on your ear, don't jump on them. Also, quit playing with Penny. She's the littlest and when you knock her over, she cries. Stop hiding under the coffee table, waiting to pounce on unsuspecting puppies. I got you that cat tree to play on/rest in/scratch on. I didn't get it to facilitate your sneak attacks.

On another note, I know that you are superior to the dogs in every way, and it stands to reason that you should get first crack at any water or treats given. But do you really have to dash in from the other room to push the puppies out of the way and splash your paw in the water every time they try to get a drink?

Love,

The Referee
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #1094 on: July 22, 2013, 02:10:25 PM »
Dear Rika the Angry Fluff,

Why in the seven bloody hells do YOU not eat canned food or treats?! I would be very happy if you would even deign to push it away with a paw and walk off! Or even sniff it! But no, you avoid it like it threatened to give you a bath! You picky little ball of angry fluff!
Our vet told us that some cats become almost addicted to crunchy kibbles and will turn their noses up at mushy canned food.  We are lucky that Buddy Boy (aka Mr. Buddy Guy) will eat anything, including the carrots left in the dog's food bowl.  The dog, Honey Girl, will not eat carrots and will spit them out if she finds them in her food.  The dog is finicky; The cat will eat anything.

The vet also said that we have to watch the ash content of any kibbles we might feed Buddy as male cats develop kidney stones &/or urinary tract blockages.  Having only had female cats up till now, we didn't know this about male cats.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius