News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• October 18, 2017, 08:48:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 635287 times)

greencat

• Trap...Neuter...What was that third thing again?
Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #1110 on: July 27, 2013, 02:38:56 AM »
Dear kitties of mine,

Thank you all kindly for having signed the armistice agreement about the entering of your carriers.  I do not miss the days of sharpened octopi and am most pleased that my bribes peace offerings of liberally lacing the carriers with catnip and periodically feeding you special treat-foods in the carriers were acceptable.

Love,

She who must sometimes take you to the vet

Fliss

• Australia - the land that time forgot.
« Reply #1111 on: July 27, 2013, 03:25:27 AM »

Err, Greencat,

You do realise that the kitties are probably doing a hurried re-arming, as we speak? They're just lulling you into a false sense of security, then when you least expect it . . . the revolution will begin!
Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Ser Lucien Liliane

• He Who Makes Words Make Sense
    • My tumblr
« Reply #1112 on: July 27, 2013, 04:47:32 PM »
Dear Branwen,

You can't fool me, cat. You love being brushed. You purr your fool head off and do that squeezy eyes thing that you do when you crawl into my bed at night and conquer the majority of my sleeping spot. And guess what, I'm not going to stop brushing you, because that and your new fish oil nummies have worked a treat on your very dry skin.

So why the blinkin' heck do you have to try and walk off every time I put the brush to your fur? I'm getting very tired of chasing you down, cat. Just hold still, it doesn't even take ten minutes to brush you. Sheesh.

Dear Rika,

Related to above, why is it that every time I've just brushed you out and you look all fluffy and gorgeous, you then proceed to roll about on the floor and groom the fur under your chin, hence messing up everything I just did? Have you no class? Have you no dignity?! (Well, you live with me. So probably not. ;))

Dear both of you,

You're going to be getting two new siblings next month. DEAL.

Love,
The purveyor of gooshy and brushies.

(For the curious, here's the girls after brushies. Rika and Branwen. :))
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 04:55:12 PM by Liliane »
"This is the kind of nonsense up with which I will not put."

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #1113 on: July 27, 2013, 06:36:28 PM »
Dear Salem

Dr Jennifer says you are getting floofy.  I suspect this may be because you never stop eating...  I did warn you! 

By the way, why did you object so much to getting in your box?  You've always been a good little kitty before.  Was it that you suspected Dr J might tell me the fat truth?? 

Love

The Fat Controller (hah!)

Out on the patio we'd sit,
And the humidity we'd breathe,
We'd watch the lightning crack over canefields
Laugh and think, this is Australia.

Ganggajang - Sounds Of Then (This Is Australia)

greencat

• Trap...Neuter...What was that third thing again?
« Reply #1114 on: July 28, 2013, 02:02:56 AM »
Dear Princess,

You came in from outside...and went to the litter box and were stinky.  WHY?

Love,

The human stuck in the room with the litter box.

Craftyone

« Reply #1115 on: July 28, 2013, 04:15:14 AM »
Greencat
Our fluffy butt likes to go outside in the garden but when we've changed over the whole litter tray (it's cleaned out daily and changed over totally about once a week) she always manages to produce an extra # 2s to stink out the place.  EVERY SINGLE TIME!  Once she's done that she'll go back to wanting to go outside instead of using her tray (unless she's indoors all day when we're out at work etc, we don't have a cat flap and don't want to get one).

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
« Reply #1116 on: July 28, 2013, 06:49:37 PM »
There is no stench as foul as a #2 done as soon as you clean out the litter box.  Paint peels, sirens go off, birds fly away in droves..and the cat races through the house, yowling in pleasure of no longer holding it for the 15 minutes it took to clean the box.

Elfmama

• Derailing threads since 2001!
« Reply #1117 on: July 28, 2013, 09:15:44 PM »
There is no stench as foul as a #2 done as soon as you clean out the litter box.  Paint peels, sirens go off, birds fly away in droves..and the cat races through the house, yowling in pleasure of no longer holding it for the 15 minutes it took to clean the box.
Or attempting to escape the smell...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Common sense is not a gift, but a curse.  Because then
you have to deal with all the people who don't have it.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bluenomi

« Reply #1118 on: July 28, 2013, 11:58:25 PM »
Dear Isis,

I warned you that you wouldn't fit onto of DD's tallboy if you stretched out like that. So don't give me the dirty look when you stretch out more to show off and fall off the dingdangity thing. BTW I now have punchure marks in my arm from you landing on me on the way down in a mad scramble to not fall off. Thanks for that!

Mummy

stargazer

« Reply #1119 on: July 29, 2013, 10:09:00 AM »
Dear Mouse,

You have at least 2 more days of house arrest.  Please stop batting at the blinds, trying to run between our legs, and scratching at the door to go outside.  The vet said you could possibly lose your toe if this cut does not heal up.  Your TOE.  That's a little more important than the one week you have to stay inside.  And stop hiding under the bed every time we have to give you antibiotics!  I don't even know how your 18lb+ self is fitting under there!

Love,
The one who tricked you with treats this morning so the not injured ones could run outside

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #1120 on: July 29, 2013, 11:46:43 AM »
Liliane, your cats are gorgeous. What kind of siblings are they getting?

Dear Mischief,

I am not sure why you have memory loss. Your human brother has returned home. He lived there until June, and will be there until he turns 18 and goes to college. Deal with it.

The hooman
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Ser Lucien Liliane

• He Who Makes Words Make Sense
    • My tumblr
« Reply #1121 on: July 29, 2013, 06:25:41 PM »
Thank you! :) And I'm not sure yet, ladyknight. The local shelter's running a buy-one-get-one-free promotion next month, and I was going to get myself a cat for my birthday ANYWAY, so this came along at a very opportune time. (And, well, my transportation doesn't need to know I'm getting TWO cats until I actually buy them...  >:D)
"This is the kind of nonsense up with which I will not put."

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #1122 on: July 29, 2013, 06:39:57 PM »
Dear Salem

I know my legs might get a little dry in winter...  however they are NOT the same texture as your scratching post.

I do NOT appreciate you coming into my room in the middle of the night and sharpening your claws on my legs.

Not only did you wake me, but it hurt.  Do not do it again.

Signed

The cranky bleeding one.

Out on the patio we'd sit,
And the humidity we'd breathe,
We'd watch the lightning crack over canefields
Laugh and think, this is Australia.

Ganggajang - Sounds Of Then (This Is Australia)

Fliss

• Australia - the land that time forgot.
« Reply #1123 on: July 29, 2013, 07:04:17 PM »

Dear Max

Sad to say, you are no longer a little puppy. You are now a great hulking dog. This means you are also veeeeery heavy. Please decease and desist this desire to snooze on my legs at night, it means I wake up with sore legs and in a grumpy mood. That does not bode well when you and Sam put on your "cute" routine at breakfast.

There is a perfectly good lounge for you to sleep on. Use it.

Fliss
Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Cutenoob

« Reply #1124 on: July 29, 2013, 10:22:13 PM »
Ivory Kitty,
I have caught on to your sneaky way of saying you want food. Yes, it took me awhile. So that no longer works on me. But if I go to the place your food is stored, that does NOT mean you get fed. Even if your bowl is full, you just pigged out on mushy food, no. That is not an if-then statement. If door opens Then Ivory gets fed. No, no.

Love,
Your hooman.