Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 171460 times)

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #1140 on: August 01, 2013, 08:58:37 PM »
Dear Smudge, Carrie, Rocky and Patch
    Starting today there's going to be two temporary additions to the horde.  Penny and Kamen, they'll be living with us while their owner's new house is being built.  I know it'll be a little crowded, but we're going to enclose the patio and install a pet door to give all of a little extra room.  Try to be nice to the new girls, they're going through a lot right now.

I so wish I could have written that.  A half hour ago two boys came to my door with a kitten in a box and some medicine and formula.  I couldn't take him in because my place isn't kitten-proof and my Carmen wouldn't have liked this.  My neighbor sent them to the woman downstairs whom we don't think has a cat at the moment (but did before).  Praying to Bast for that little kitten.

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #1141 on: August 03, 2013, 05:19:26 PM »
Dear Lily and Sophie,

Welcome to the family. You will notice none of the others are very fussed about you at all. I expect as much from you two as well.

And Sophie? The standard poodle is too big to play with you and he knows it. Don't egg him on, you silly thing.

Love,
The Not-Furry One.

(Here's Sophie, and here's Lily. :))
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch!

Amara

« Reply #1142 on: August 03, 2013, 07:24:59 PM »
Lily and Sophie are pretty!

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #1143 on: August 03, 2013, 08:00:32 PM »
Thanks Amara! :) I've always been fond of calicos.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #1144 on: August 04, 2013, 10:41:28 AM »
Dear slightly less squishy MooMoo,

I just learned that those weird noises I've been hearing are you "talking" in your sleep.  I didn't know cats could talk in their sleep, but I was wrong.  Oh, you also snore.  When did that start?

With much love and affection,
Your Human
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
« Reply #1145 on: August 04, 2013, 01:27:53 PM »
Dear MooMoo,
     I also snore and my feeder pushes me away from her in bed.  She said it is because I am a roly *******, but I have seen myself in the mirror and I look faabulous!

Head Bumps,
Mr. B

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #1146 on: August 04, 2013, 07:57:16 PM »
Dear Dustbunny,

Stop chewing air. It's weird and noisy.

Love,

The nonconsensual donor of pillows
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult); Zuul (F); Magpie (M); Balrog (M); Nazgul (F)

greencat

« Reply #1147 on: August 05, 2013, 05:10:51 AM »
Dear kitties,

Food distribution for you has become a logistical nightmare.  Princess, learn to share.  Kittens, it is time for you to amp the cute up to 11 for some glamour shots so I can find your little fuzzy behinds new homes.  Also, I was wrong to blame the dog for eating all the food - not that he didn't eat some of it, but you guys have become EXPENSIVE to feed. 

Love,

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #1148 on: August 05, 2013, 05:03:39 PM »
Dear Rika and Branwen,

I'm very amused at how much you guys just don't care about the new two. It's perfectly acceptable to hiss back at them when they start being peeved at you. I can't say I'm disappointed that you just tend to stand there and glare without making a sound, though.

Dear Lily and Sophie,

You two. *shakes head* Equal opportunity suck-ups, aren't you? You don't care who pets you. Aren't you supposed to be MY cats? ;) And by the way, Sophie, clawing the bed is NOT gonna fly. You have a scratching post. I don't care if it smells like Rika and Bran. Use it and I won't have to scruff you and pull you off the side of the bed.

And PLEASE stop teasing the dog! ::)

Head butts and scritches,
The Not-Furry One.

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
« Reply #1149 on: August 05, 2013, 10:20:57 PM »
Dear Phinneus & Madelyne,

You 2 weigh a combined 5 lbs..how is it you sound like an invading army when you are racing through the house?  Do you 2 ever sleep???  The wrestling and chasing is absolutely unnecessary due to the fact you are systematically destroying my house.  If you both don't soon get some manners, I will never find your furr ever homes and I will be stuck with you .  You are sweet and adorable, but I am getting the crazy cat lady reputation (4 indoor cats, 1 reclusive basement cat I am trying to socialize, 2 indoor fosters, and 9 ferals in my colony).  Also, Miss Madelyne, you are an absolute sweetie, and we love your cuddles and kisses, but licking my forehead at an ungodly hour when I am sleeping cause me to slap my forehead and wake up, which cause you a trip out of the bedroom.  Please stop with middle of the night kisses.

Sincerely,
The woman getting strange looks at Walmart for buying 40lbs of cat food and 3 mega boxes of cat litter each week

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #1150 on: August 06, 2013, 03:04:59 AM »
Dear Ninja,

I love you, I really do. I have given up my ability to breathe in favor of having you as part of our family. Right now my eyes are so itchy I'm sorely tempted to head to the kitchen for the melon baller, just to save time. Ninja, I love you to pieces, and I promised you a forever home, so don't worry on that front. But if you could stop batting my allergy meds around and losing them, that would be great. I know that the bottle makes a fun rattling noise as you bat it under the cupboard, but honestly you have toys that make the same sound!

Love,

The one on her way to buy more allergy meds and toys offerings
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #1151 on: August 06, 2013, 01:34:28 PM »
I am getting the crazy cat lady reputation
You say it like it's a bad thing. >:D

I love the name Phinneus.  When I was in junior high, I had a 2 pound albino Norwegian rat named Peter Ratit.  My friend had two female black and white rats - sisters named Phinneus and Phlower.  I "rat sat" for my friend when she went on vacation once ... just once.  Peter was kinda old and crippled.  He normally did not move very fast.  Until I let all 3 of them loose in my bedroom.  I thought all were safe because I closed the bedroom door.

Phinneus and Phlower ran under the bed.  Peter ran after them.  Seconds later, two recently impregnated rat sisters ran out from under the other side of the bed.  I think Peter stayed underneath the bed to smoke a cigarette and congratulate himself on his studly-ness, 'cuz he nailed those girls.

My friend never let me rat sit again.  In fact, she never let the girls play with Peter ever again. :-[
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1152 on: August 06, 2013, 01:38:49 PM »
Phinneus and Phlower ran under the bed.  Peter ran after them.  Seconds later, two recently impregnated rat sisters ran out from under the other side of the bed.  I think Peter stayed underneath the bed to smoke a cigarette and congratulate himself on his studly-ness, 'cuz he nailed those girls.

My cubemates are looking in my direction because I'm laughing.  Thanks for that.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #1153 on: August 06, 2013, 02:00:03 PM »

My cubemates are looking in my direction because I'm laughing.  Thanks for that.
You're welcome. My pleasure :) 

I think that is the only time in his life that Peter got lucky.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
« Reply #1154 on: August 06, 2013, 06:49:32 PM »
The neighbors all stare as they walk by my house and I am sitting on my front porch surrounded by strays.  My friend got me the crazy cat lady play set..I resemble the lady!