Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 182381 times)

Snooks

Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #1155 on: August 07, 2013, 03:56:19 PM »
Oh Mr B, you are not going out again, I've already let you out at least three times this evening and all bar the first time has been within five minutes of you coming in.  Stop whining and come and sit on the balcony if you want some fresh air.

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #1156 on: August 15, 2013, 05:22:15 AM »
Dear Stephen,

I'm sure you want to see what Mummy is doing on the computer, but you are also a yard long. When you curl up on my lap I can't reach the keyboagazxdf - and patting my hands because they aren't both stroking you doesn't help.

You've never lived down bookmarking XKCD on your dad's computer.

But the purr is lovely. Now please stop hitting me in the face with your tail, and get your claws out of my leg.

Regards
She-who-should-be-working

P.S. When did you develop such a drooling habit?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 05:26:02 AM by atirial »

Cherry91

« Reply #1157 on: August 15, 2013, 07:30:50 AM »
Dear Cocoa,

Please stop trying to kill the birds. And if you must try for another robin, please don't do it at Xmas. CherryMom hasn't forgiven you for that one yet. That is not what we meant by getting into the spirit of Christmas.

If we are not letting you in or out, it is usually for good reason. Do not insist on coming in and then look at me all betrayed when the vacuum cleaner turns on. I tried to warn you.

Please stop pressing your butt against my leg. I'm sure you mean well, but it's a bit off.

I know you love the stairs, but if I am trying to go down them, you become a trip hazard. And especially don't attack my feet.

Love your sister Cherry

snowfire

« Reply #1158 on: August 15, 2013, 11:28:30 AM »
Dearest Smudge,

I really love having you snuggle and cuddle with me in the morning.  However, I would appreciate it if you would wait until the alarm starts to light up.  I NEED that extra half hour/hour of sleep.

Love,
Your sleep deprived Mom.

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #1159 on: August 15, 2013, 02:11:43 PM »
Dear Ninja,

I warned you that the puppies were going to get bigger. Now that Cookie is twice your size, he doesn't have to put up with your antics anymore. Don't come crying to me when you jump on his back, he flips you over, pins you and his brother and sister all gather around to lick you into submission. Oh, and the puppies have been watching you from day 1. Yes, they're good at pouncing, you taught them everything they know. No, I don't feel bad for you. Yes, I got you another cat tree aka Fortress of Solitude.

Love,

The Ref
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

Firecat

« Reply #1160 on: August 15, 2013, 02:35:20 PM »
Dear Stephen,

I'm sure you want to see what Mummy is doing on the computer, but you are also a yard long. When you curl up on my lap I can't reach the keyboagazxdf - and patting my hands because they aren't both stroking you doesn't help.

You've never lived down bookmarking XKCD on your dad's computer.

But the purr is lovely. Now please stop hitting me in the face with your tail, and get your claws out of my leg.

Regards
She-who-should-be-working

P.S. When did you develop such a drooling habit?

Dear Stephen,

Clearly, you're doing this wrong. You have to wait until the not-furry one is absorbed in work. Sit oh-so-innocently on the arm of the couch until this occurs. Then gradually ooze yourself over until you are draped across the not-furry one's chest (pro tip: brace your back feet on the front edge of the computer. This is even easier if you can get the not-furry one to buy a lap desk.)

By the time the not-furry one realizes what you're doing, you can be comfortably settled and purring, with your head resting on the not-furry one's shoulder. And as a bonus, your front paws will be in a good position to pat arms just in case you're not getting enough pets.

Your partner in computer rivalry,

Gabrielle

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #1161 on: August 15, 2013, 03:19:47 PM »
And especially don't attack my feet.
Our Buddy does this.  DH says he's trying to bring down the big game.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

greencat

« Reply #1162 on: August 17, 2013, 08:24:24 AM »
Dear Kittens,

1) Please don't trap the dog in the hallway.  No, you're (probably) not doing it on purpose, but he is pretty pathetic.  You guys are still smaller than his head.

2) Please stop trying to trap me.  Just because a foot hits the floor in front of  you does not mean that you need to sit on it.  I really need  to stop petting you guys and reinforcing the behavior when you do that, but you're just way too cute.  Likewise, wrapping yourself around my ankle does not actually do anything to keep me from moving.

3) Penguin, you especially need to not use cute as a weapon.  Let your older brother, the aptly-named Moose, eat.  Do not go up to him while he's eating, stick your head under his chin, and then headbutt him until he gets irritated and leaves, just so that you can then eat.  There is plenty of space on all sides of that food bowl.

Love,

The babysitter

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #1163 on: August 17, 2013, 08:33:55 AM »
Dear Branwen,

...I'm sorry. Really. But that is about the most unattractive thing I've ever caught you on camera doing, and I couldn't keep myself from having an explosive fit of cough-laughing. Forgive me. I'll give you extra treats.

Love, no, really,
The Not-Furry One.

(It was incredibly hilarious though. Here's the picture. *hee hee...snort*)
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch!

bluhairfreak

« Reply #1164 on: August 18, 2013, 10:59:14 PM »
Dear Smudge, Rocky, Patch, Carrie, Kamen and Penny,
    Yes the patio has been safely enclosed and soon as we figure out how, there will be a cat flap to allow you easy access(turns out my back door is plated so can't simply install a flap there)

JadeAngel

« Reply #1165 on: August 20, 2013, 06:03:48 AM »
Dear Gizmo,

Well no-one could ever accuse you of being short on brains, and you came up with quite an effective little scheme during the week I was away. It wasn't until I got back and we all started comparing notes that we realized you had spent all week demanding your customary can from Grandpa in the morning, and then playing the 'I'm perishing of starvation' card when Grandma came home from work... In fact on several days you even managed to bamboozle Grandpa into giving you a THIRD can as a late night/pre-bedtime snack because he thought from the pitiful miaowing that Grandma forgot to give you dinner.

Of course the jig was up the second I got home and tried to pick you up fat-boy... I hope you enjoyed your visit with Grandma and Grandpa because when we get home you're going on half rations and we're getting you a tiny treadmill or I, as the primary caregiver, will be getting a stern talking to from the vet on your next visit...

Don't worry, you can still have all the Science Diet you want...

Love

Me.

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
« Reply #1166 on: August 20, 2013, 09:44:16 AM »
Dear Feral cats,*

I love all of you, I really do which is the reason I provide food, shelter, and medical care (I know the 'nip & tucks' have been traumatic) but for goodness sakes, did you guys send out a flyer?  Everyday I have a new kitty show up ! Between you guys and the house cats, I have gone through over 40lbs of food in a week!  I do love you all though, and thanks to a few of you for showing me the love back and letting me finally give you some ear skritches.  If you keep letting me socialize you, you will get a nice warm home off the streets !

Love,
The lady with the ever present cups of kibble

* Right now it is Lilliput, Tulip, Daffodil, Moe, Big Head, Grayson, Gandolf, Casper, Starvin Marvin, and 2 new ones who are still unnamed!

stargazer

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1167 on: August 20, 2013, 01:58:58 PM »
Dear Roxie,

You are small and adorable and have the cutest meow which is why you get away with anything.  However, waking me up 4 times during the night, apparently overjoyed to find a person to knead on and purr at every hour or two, is not going to work for me.  Yes, you are sweet and cute the first time but mommy needs SLEEP!  Keep it up and you're sleeping outside.

greencat

« Reply #1168 on: August 21, 2013, 02:12:16 AM »
Dear kitties:

Just, no.  You guys are the world's worst roommates.

Love,

She who must clean your messes.

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #1169 on: August 21, 2013, 06:25:23 AM »
Dear kitties:

Just, no.  You guys are the world's worst roommates.

Love,

She who must clean your messes.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I meant awwwwww