Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 186378 times)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #1170 on: August 21, 2013, 11:01:47 AM »
Dear Peggy, the likely culprit, and Sassy, the less likely culprit:

Stay out of my food!  That bag of Tostitos scoops were for my camping trip with many other people!  And I don't have time to go get another bag.  I'll have to eat that bag myself and for anyone else who doesn't care if there might be cat germs in there.

Are you related to the raccoons who broke into friend's car last year and ate all the tortilla chips?

Not so much love,
Me

(We were camping; friend left one window down about 3 inches.  Next morning, evidence that the coons had been in the car and ransacked the food.  We think a little one got in and dropped stuff out to the bigger ones who wouldn't fit.  At leas the was relatively tidy about it - the only scat was on one bag that was thrown out and the rest of the car was clean.  Except for the crumbs.)
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #1171 on: August 21, 2013, 05:07:00 PM »
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #1172 on: August 21, 2013, 05:39:27 PM »
Kitties on cocaine. Dear Lord, help us!
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult);  Rooney, Rascal, Rocket (M)

Snooks

« Reply #1173 on: August 21, 2013, 05:42:33 PM »
Kitties on cocaine. Dear Lord, help us!

So glad I wasn't the only one who thought that!

greencat

« Reply #1174 on: August 21, 2013, 06:49:47 PM »
It was, when I left the house yesterday morning, a 1lb bag of bread yeast.

I gather from the yeast-angels the kittens left that it was loads of fun!

peach2play

« Reply #1175 on: August 22, 2013, 11:02:12 AM »
Dear Mew and Old Man,

The comfy chair is MINE! I  know you like the nice padded microfiber chair in the office, but you can't have it.  There are plenty of other perches, chairs, and places to lay in the office that are just as nice. 

The giver of food

Firecat

« Reply #1176 on: August 22, 2013, 11:11:29 AM »
Dear Xena:

You're a very sweet kitty, and I know you love to get pets and neck scritches while I'm getting dressed in the morning. But was it REALLY necessary to, while rolling around on the bed turning your belly up and being cute, roll yourself right off the end of the bed and leave three parallel scratches from thigh to shin down my leg? Granted, they're shallow enough to not bleed or hurt much.

But still, please be more aware of where you are on the bed in future.

Thank you,

Not-Furry Provider of Treats and Scritches

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #1177 on: August 28, 2013, 11:52:48 PM »
Dear Sophie,

You are evil. No, let me rephrase that, you are EVIL. And as you've noticed, the forty-pound poodle is too dumb to realize just how evil you are. So will you please quit luring him to the baby gate with your sweetest inviting meows so you can then smack him upside the nose and run for it? I understand it's hilarious, and yes I do crack up every time I catch you at it, and yes you're very careful not to use your claws, and no he never learns, but taunting the dog is just rude. Quit that. :P

Dear Branwen,

Are you just trying to make me fall over laughing these days? I swear, every time I walk into another room it's like I'm playing a game of "what's wrong with this picture?" First the bathtub, now the stovetop.* I swear, if I find you in my sink one of these days...well, I'll probably just laugh some more. And then spend a half hour cleaning cat hair out of the drain.

Dear Lily,

You only weigh six pounds. Your growl is three times as big as you are. How does your little furry body hold that much righteous anger? And for the record, you're not fooling anyone when you calmly walk by the other cats while distractedly grumbling kitty invectives to yourself. Give it up and admit you're getting used to them.

Dear Rika,

How are YOU the normal one?? ;D

Love,
The Not-Furry One.

* The stove is not getting used lately. FAR too hot up here. It's just got a nice cool glass cooktop that apparently attracts hot cats.
~I'm just standing with you, in the darkness between battles~

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #1178 on: September 09, 2013, 05:35:12 PM »
*sigh*

Dear Sophie,

I have no idea if you're the world's smartest kitten, or the world's most idiotically lucky kitten. I have no idea just HOW you figured out you can hook your claws into the window screen patch and remove it. And I really have no idea why in the bloody hell you think that it is anywhere near appropriate to do that just to let the WASPS in so you can PLAY WITH THEM!!!

Seriously, cat. Stop it. I don't know whether wasp stings will kill me, and I have absolutely NO desire to find out.

Grr arg,
The Not-Furry One who is sick and tired of replacing that patch every time you pull it off. >:(
~I'm just standing with you, in the darkness between battles~

Fliss

• Australia - the land that time forgot.
« Reply #1179 on: September 09, 2013, 06:29:47 PM »

Congratulations, Demons! You have managed to completely destroy the left arm of the lounge.

Admittedly, it was a 2nd hand lounge from the Salvos and quite old, and you have been working on chewing it for the last 18 months, but seriously? I came out one morning and found it detached on the floor in pieces! You get heavy-duty chews every day, and vege pigs ears; how can you possibly still want to chew a lounge?

The next one is going to have tubular steel arms and be one of those bed convertable ones.
Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #1180 on: September 09, 2013, 08:19:22 PM »
Dear Buddy;

Yes, that's Daddy's new computer chair.  It's very nice.  Please don't claw it.  In fact, could you please restrict your clawing to the multiple scratching posts/toys in every room?  Please?

When you learn not to claw my computer chair, I'm getting a new one, too.

Fondly,
Your loyal servant

For the information of the humans reading this, both computer chairs were old when Buddy came to live with us over Memorial Day weekend 2013.  Daddy's chair starts off with the seat the right height for Daddy Long Legs, then slowly sighs until it settles down to the bottom and Daddy's Long Legs are under his chin.  My computer chair is functional, but Buddy likes to scratch it.  I'm putting double sticky tape on it to discourage Buddy's clawing.  Once he gets the message, YIPPEE, I'm getting a new chair!
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

AnnaT

« Reply #1181 on: September 10, 2013, 02:23:52 AM »
Dear Oscar

Your estimated "time to get up" on the weekend is very cute but very unwelcome!!!

Your "you haven't fed me in years and the biscuits you put in my bowl last night are completely stale and I need fresh ones!" manoeuvre (hitting me in the face with a paw while sitting his 7.5 kgs (16lbs) on my chest) at 6:30am after a late night would have a less cute kitty thrown outside to play with the dogs (who are friendly but supervised when visiting)!!

Love
Mum

Pen^2

« Reply #1182 on: September 10, 2013, 02:33:06 AM »
Dear Oscar

Your estimated "time to get up" on the weekend is very cute but very unwelcome!!!

Your "you haven't fed me in years and the biscuits you put in my bowl last night are completely stale and I need fresh ones!" manoeuvre (hitting me in the face with a paw while sitting his 7.5 kgs (16lbs) on my chest) at 6:30am after a late night would have a less cute kitty thrown outside to play with the dogs (who are friendly but supervised when visiting)!!

Love
Mum

Oh my goodness that's quite a mane he has there! How tremendously handsome!

Snooks

« Reply #1183 on: September 10, 2013, 06:06:07 AM »
Dear Miss J

I know the boys next door were friendly to you when you found yourself inside their house but that does not mean they want you visiting via the balcony before 9am on a Saturday morning, they weren't even in.  If you are going to use the balcony as a means to go visiting the neighbours please remember how to get back to our balcony because having to get the ladder out again is going to get us a reputation with the rest of the neighbours.

The balcony is going to get rubber spikes soon, I'm sorry but you can't be trusted.

Snooks.

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #1184 on: September 10, 2013, 06:51:58 AM »
Dear Oscar

Love
Mum
Aww He's adorable. (And from one long-suffering staffer for a 7.5KG monster to another, how on earth are you breathing with him sitting there?)