Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 184524 times)

missanpan

Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #1200 on: September 17, 2013, 07:25:14 PM »
Actually, being cats, they will probably see the books and STOP shedding. Just to mess with you.

Tea Drinker

« Reply #1201 on: September 17, 2013, 10:27:10 PM »
Dear Julian,

What was that dead insect doing in your bowl this morning? I haven't seen a live flying insect in this apartment since we moved in.

Nonetheless, well done.
Any advice that requires the use of a time machine may safely be ignored.

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #1202 on: September 18, 2013, 12:09:18 AM »
Dear Julian,

What was that dead insect doing in your bowl this morning? I haven't seen a live flying insect in this apartment since we moved in.

Nonetheless, well done.

Quoth Julian: "Exactly!"

Phoebelion

« Reply #1203 on: September 18, 2013, 08:06:15 AM »
Dear Skipper,

Bless your big  black lab mix chained up all your previous 6 year old heart.  You are taking to becoming a city slicker with a great deal of joy.

BUT - the lab bump for attention has got to stop.

And pretending your a chi and crawling into my lap.  Your 60#'s - not comfortable on 63 year old legs.

Love ya anyway ya big goofy doofus (trying to talk Pappa into changing your name - hes' not going for it).

Love, you new Mom

Tea Drinker

« Reply #1204 on: September 18, 2013, 04:20:57 PM »
I wasn't surprised that Julian killed an insect for us. I was surprised that he just left it floating in his water dish; he used to be of the chase-pounce-eat! school. Wasps included.
Any advice that requires the use of a time machine may safely be ignored.

magicdomino

« Reply #1205 on: September 18, 2013, 04:35:43 PM »
Dear Koa,

I give up.  What have you got against that poor bathroom rug?  You have been attacking it like it was your archenemy.  Not that I'm complaining; a vicious wrestling match is much better than Domino's passive-aggressive method of expressing disapproval.  I'm just curious.

Love,

The straightener of wrestled rugs.

Delia DeLyons

« Reply #1206 on: September 18, 2013, 08:57:14 PM »
"The straightener of wrestled rugs" is so poetic...
Once in a while you get your delight, in the strangest of faces if you look at it right...

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #1207 on: September 18, 2013, 10:17:06 PM »
Dear Rika,

You know how to play? You know how to play?? :o I think getting a kitten, no matter how inadvertently, has been very good for you.

Now will you just stop getting your undercoat all tangled up? I don't like having to comb it any more than you like having me do it.

Love,
the Not-Furry One.
~I'm just standing with you, in the darkness between battles~

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #1208 on: September 18, 2013, 11:03:56 PM »
Dear Gretchen,

Yes I love you and you are the most beautiful, wonderful, lovely cat EVAR.  However, just because I'm not petting you every 5 seconds doesn't mean I don't love you.  I have work to do and I need both of my hands. 

Going to the top of the stairs and loudly listing every single one of my faults will not get you scritches any faster.  Inducing the other cats to join in will get the door closed in your face. 

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1209 on: September 19, 2013, 12:51:04 PM »
Mocha,

I understand it. You are a kitten. You are rambunctious. However, you enjoy being held by humans whether sitting or standing.

Do not jump from the standing human and dive head first for the floor!

Mommy

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
« Reply #1210 on: September 19, 2013, 01:19:48 PM »
My lithe and lovely Luna-balloona,

You are a beautiful, shiny, adorable kitten-pants, and we love having you in our house.

That said, Mommy would like to raise a couple issues with you:

1) The TV is not a frame for live-action kitty pictures. Your posing in front of Daddy's football games is just going to get you put upstairs for the duration of the sports season. Ditto video games and movies.

2) We do not want to squash you into cat paste, so please stop diving down the stairs beneath our feet. You are small and we are big, and that is eventually not going to end well.

3) The other two cats were here first. Please stop starting fights that you can't finish and then complaining at us when the big kitties thwap you back. That is your own darn fault.

4) Please check that the window is open before diving headfirst into it. As cute as the sight of a kitty in a neck stabilizer might be in theory, we really don't have the money to spend on treating any brain damage.

Much love,
Mommy
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

Firecat

« Reply #1211 on: September 19, 2013, 01:46:28 PM »
Dear Xena:

Let me assure you that I do appreciate your desire to snuggle with me this morning. Your plans would not have been disrupted by your chosen bedwarmer getting up to use the bathroom at 4:30 am if you had NOT spent several minutes TROMPING ON MY BLADDER before settling down.

Glaring at me when I made you move so I could get out of the bed was just twisting the knife.

But I do love you in spite of that.

Love,

The Bedwarmer and Provider of Food and Pets

DollyPond

« Reply #1212 on: September 19, 2013, 02:15:43 PM »
Dear Seda,

Yes I know it was a traumatic experience for you to get your head through the handle of a plastic grocery bag and then believe that said bag was trying to kill you.  The full speed tear through the house knocking over everything in your way was ample evidence of that.

However you do not need to cling as close as possible to me day and night for two days.  No zombie apocalypse bags are coming for you.

It is cute though.

Love, Your Human Protector

missanpan

« Reply #1213 on: September 19, 2013, 02:57:41 PM »
Dear Momo,

Who appointed you official alarm clock of the household? Trying to get me up before the real alarm clock goes off will result in you getting a bear hug and kitty squeeze before I head back to sleep. We all know how much you LOOOOVE bear hugs and kitty squeezes.

Love,

the sleepy giver of food and scritches

magicdomino

« Reply #1214 on: September 19, 2013, 03:53:24 PM »
Dear Xena,

Sleeping on a human's lower abdominal area is a very effective way of getting that human up, as you have discovered.  If your human has one of those little boxes that suddenly become noisy in the morning, I recommend that you wait until close to that time to nap on the human.  Humans have difficulty getting up in the morning, even when awakened by a noisy box, so your assistance at that time will be appreciated.   More importantly, it ensures that your breakfast is served on time.

Magic