Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 144160 times)

Nikko-chan

Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #1230 on: October 09, 2013, 08:47:53 PM »
Dear Ciaran,

Quit slurping and grunting as you lick your fur. Its not very gentlemanly.

Thank you.

She who gives you noms.

greencat

« Reply #1231 on: October 09, 2013, 09:03:23 PM »
Good evening Joker,

There appear to be some discrepancies in our understanding of the purpose of this shallow depression in an elevated surface.

Please do not make me demonstrate the purpose of said depression to you.

Thank you,

The management.

I washed my hands in the kitchen sink instead  :-X

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #1232 on: October 09, 2013, 09:27:30 PM »
Dear Sophie,

I'm glad to see you're not afraid of the vacuum. However...

IT IS NOT A TOY.

Please to be leaving the cord alone while I'm vacuuming, and get your tail out of the way while you're at it, will you?

Mumble grumble,
the Not-Furry One.
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch!

finecabernet

« Reply #1233 on: October 09, 2013, 11:21:55 PM »
Dear Samantha Cat: The moth you are pursuing is on the other side of the glass. You can't get at it, not matter how hard you try. Your human.

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #1234 on: October 10, 2013, 10:02:59 AM »
Good evening Joker,

There appear to be some discrepancies in our understanding of the purpose of this shallow depression in an elevated surface.

Thank you,

The management.

Dear Joker:

Are you my long-lost brother?  We seem to have an affinity for strange containers:

Purrs and head-bumps,

Carmen

Snooks

« Reply #1235 on: October 10, 2013, 12:52:14 PM »
Good evening Joker,

Thank you,

The management.

Memo
To: The Management
Subject: Shallow depression(s) in elevated surface(s)

I have frequently demonstrated to you the correct use of the shallow depression in the elevated surface in the bathroom, please take note of this and refrain from further saturation of the surface with your misuse of the area.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #1236 on: October 10, 2013, 01:29:25 PM »
Dear Joker,

You're right. They're wrong.

Regards,
Luna
Current foster kittens: Friday (F: green collar), Duffy (M: blue), Fez (M: orange), Kipling (M: pink), Thirteen (F: yellow).

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #1237 on: October 10, 2013, 04:19:35 PM »
Good evening Joker,

Thank you,

The management.

Dear Joker:

Are you my long-lost brother?  We seem to have an affinity for strange containers:

Purrs and head-bumps,

Carmen
Joker's whiskers are ridiculously long.

My Bootsie was a Tuxedo, too, and she loved the sink.  I don't have a photo sharing account on line, but she looks just like Carmen except Bootsie's nose was black.  The white cheeks and bib formed a heart when she looked up a me. :-*
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

greencat

« Reply #1238 on: October 13, 2013, 09:49:56 PM »
Amendment to the previous letter to Joker:

No, Joker, you may not has my hairbrush while you lay in the sink.  Even if you are a dapper kitten.

Penguin, you are cute, and I do like holding you on my lap, but lying in wait across the back of the toilet seat is a bit much.

BatKittens, your occupation of the laundry basket is probably pretty normal.  The occupation of the shower (not pictured, for that kitten woke up and ended up around my ankles while I photographed the others) is not.  The destruction of my second new shower curtain in a month was not appreciated either.

In other words, kittens, may I please use the bathroom sometime soon?

Love,

The hoomin.

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #1239 on: October 17, 2013, 06:20:43 AM »
Dear Lily,

I'm glad you've found the most comfortable portion of my bed to sleep on. I'm also very well aware that it's getting colder at night, that's why me and my malfunctioning ability to warm up have dug out the Floofy Feather Blanket.

But do you really have to plop yourself down where my feet go and knead yourself a nice comfortable warm nest so I can't even get under the blankets without disturbing you, much less stretch out?

At least it's not my body pillow again, and now I've said that I'm sure you're going to go right back to conquering it too. I'm surprised you haven't already. All the feathers are there.

Dear Sophie,

Yes, I'm VERY well aware I injured your dignity by putting hairball goo on your paw. You really don't need to keep on giving me wounded looks and shaking your paw about to remind me what I've done. That's what you get for horking so hard you sounded like you were going to turn yourself inside out and producing absolutely nothing to show for it. I think you woke the dog with all that racket.

Dear Rika,

You cannot have the lap if you insist on digging your claws happily into my kneecap. I'd wonder why you only do that when I'm wearing long pants, but then I remember a perforated knee is not my favorite thing in the world, and if you've GOT to do it, I'd rather you did it when there's a layer of fabric between you and me.

Dear Branwen,

Get up and get a job, you lazy bum. ;)

Love,
The Not-Furry One.

(
Lily conquering the blanket. She got quite irate that I'd made the bed just before then and ruined her previous little nest.)
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch!

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #1240 on: October 17, 2013, 03:36:16 PM »
Aloha Buddy;

Please stop jumping up in the middle of the table when I serve dinner.  I did not want to eat it after picking it, and the plate, off the floor.  I know the dog likes to clean the floor after meals and I suspect the two of you conspired to get my dinner on your floor.

Another thing: You are a cat; Honey Girl is a dog.  I know you two love each other and compete for our attention, but now you're copying her doggie behavior.  Jumping in DH's lap, putting your front paws on his chest, and licking his face is not something cats do.  Please stop with the species confusion.

Mahalo,
The Furless One

p.s. All toys now belong to "the kids."  They chase the fishing pole lures together.  They race each other when playing fetch.  They toss rawhide chips (& other small toys) in the air and jump on them - together.  They chase each other through the cat tunnel.  The biggest problem is that Honey Girl is part Terrier and she can destroy a catnip stuffed mouse in less than 60 seconds.  As we say, "tear" is the root of Terrier.  ;D
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1241 on: October 17, 2013, 03:38:03 PM »
And here I thought terrier was spelled with an o in place of the ie.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #1242 on: October 17, 2013, 05:03:03 PM »
And here I thought terrier was spelled with an o in place of the ie.
;D

Honey Girl is a rescue, so her breeding is not certain.  The Humane Society told us the owner who surrendered her (and her 3 puppies and the puppies' papa) said she was a 5 y.o. terrier mix.  Our vet said she was between 2 y.o. and 2-1/2 y.o. and a dachshund mix.  We call her a Terrier/Dachshund mix who is now 3 y.o.  We think the former owners did not want to admit they bred her so young.  When she's "on a tear," we say "she is channeling her inner Terriorist."

Marcus Aurelius

MizB

« Reply #1243 on: October 25, 2013, 01:46:30 AM »
My Dearest Cherokee,

I realize that you love me and that the bath salts smell AMAZING, but I left the bathroom door open during the bath so you would feel less alone, not so you can nibble my hand. However, I do thank you for being gentle in your love nips, because they didn't hurt too badly. See you soon.

Love,
The other girl in his life.
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’  attributed to Edmund Burke 1729-1797

LadyJaneinMD

« Reply #1244 on: October 25, 2013, 08:18:29 AM »
My beloved Rita,

I am happy that you find my new hand cream delicious, but Please, my dear, I put that stuff on my hands at night for a REASON - and that reason is not so you can lick it all back off.   Really.

Mom, with the dry right hand.