Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 200198 times)

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #1275 on: October 30, 2013, 10:24:44 AM »
Dear Stephen,

I know when you are sick we usually shove a newspaper under you to catch it. I didn't know you were smart enough to learn to do it for yourself (we thought it was co-incidence the first time).  Hurtling off the sofa to make sick noises left me scrambling for a newspaper, only to find you were already using the one that had just come through the door. Thank you, it saved me a lot of work.

Please teach your sister this.

Regards,
Your loving mummy.

Free Range Hippy Chick

« Reply #1276 on: October 30, 2013, 12:04:05 PM »
Dear Stable Cat

It is autumn in England. The ground is wet. I appreciate that this is unsatisfactory but it isn't my fault. I also know that you are an Up Cat who likes to be high, but when you climb my legs to get away from the wet ground, it hurts. You have Pointy Endz. You look very beautiful, draped around my neck, and you're lovely and warm, but you are also heavy and I don't think you do my arthritic shoulder a lot of good. Also, I can't put on my body protector when you are there. Yes, I do need to put you down so that I may have my riding lesson. I know you like the horses but I don't know if they like you. It still isn't my fault that the ground is wet. You don't need me to carry you back to your front door; you can walk. Stop shouting in my ear from a distance of four inches. You are very loud.

Dear My Very Own Home Cat

Yes, I know that I smell of Strange Other Cat. That was Stable Cat who assaulted me with the Pointy Endz and insisted on being cuddled. It wasn't my fault!

Love
The One with the Opposable Thumbs and the Can Opener

greencat

« Reply #1277 on: October 30, 2013, 12:19:57 PM »
Mocha,

You have ample access to toys, food, affection and things to climb on.

Why are you now climbing the dressers and the bookcases? You are not a furniture surfer. Last night's bedtime antics resulted in you being evicted from the bedroom.

Love,

Your adopted mum

Dear adopted mom,

I'm a kitten.

Love,
Mocha

diesel_darlin

« Reply #1278 on: October 30, 2013, 05:31:24 PM »
Bubba, I normally adore your meows because they are usually quite rare. You almost never meow. Please tell me why you have decided to start meowing your furry little head off at 2am?

Dear Not Furry Mama,

It's cause i'm hungry. Gooshifud please.

Love,

Bubba

I laughed so hard at this.  ;D I work weird hours, and poor boy apparently doesn't approve. After I let him in the bedroom and rubbed him about 10 different times throughout the night, he finally laid down and went to sleep. 

Nikko-chan

« Reply #1279 on: October 31, 2013, 03:49:38 AM »
Dear Ciaran,

Yes I know your man parts are gone. And I am sorry I have to shoot pain medicine down your throat via a syringe. Please quit glaring at me.

Sincerely,

Your Dutiful Servant.

AlephReish

« Reply #1280 on: November 10, 2013, 02:42:20 PM »
Dearest, darling Gracie,
   It's not really okay that you observe from the counters when I'm cooking. It's even less okay when you jump from the counter to my shoulder when I'm on the other side of the kitchen. And it's least okay when you can't stop your momentum and end up in my just measured 3/4 cup of milk.

Love,
Mom

readingchick

• Trivia Buff
« Reply #1281 on: November 10, 2013, 02:47:14 PM »
Dear Ciaran,

Yes I know your man parts are gone. And I am sorry I have to shoot pain medicine down your throat via a syringe. Please quit glaring at me.

Sincerely,

Your Dutiful Servant.

Hey Dutiful Servant,

My twootters are gone, do you really think I'm not going to glare at you?

Regards,
Ciaran

Nikko-chan

« Reply #1282 on: November 10, 2013, 04:25:23 PM »
Dearest, darling Gracie,
   It's not really okay that you observe from the counters when I'm cooking. It's even less okay when you jump from the counter to my shoulder when I'm on the other side of the kitchen. And it's least okay when you can't stop your momentum and end up in my just measured 3/4 cup of milk.

Love,
Mom

Bwahahahahaha!

greencat

« Reply #1283 on: November 10, 2013, 06:05:56 PM »
Dearest, darling Gracie,

Love,
Mom

Is Gracie short for Graceless?

AlephReish

« Reply #1284 on: November 10, 2013, 06:56:37 PM »
Is Gracie short for Graceless?

Sigh. It really really should be.

BarensMom

« Reply #1285 on: November 10, 2013, 07:30:42 PM »
(snip)
 You look very beautiful, draped around my neck, and you're lovely and warm, but you are also heavy and I don't think you do my arthritic shoulder a lot of good.
(snip)

Dear Nice Stable Lady:

I should think you'd be honored that I am willing to wrap myself around your neck.  BTW, I hear from other humans that heat is supposed to be good for arthritis. 

Signed,

Stable Cat

nuit93

« Reply #1286 on: November 10, 2013, 08:01:56 PM »
Dear Ciaran,

Sincerely,

Your Dutiful Servant.

Hey Dutiful Servant,

Regards,
Ciaran

*snortchokelaughgasp* Twootters *giggle uncontrollably*

Nikko-chan

« Reply #1287 on: November 10, 2013, 08:34:56 PM »
Dear Ciaran,

Sincerely,

Your Dutiful Servant.

Hey Dutiful Servant,

Regards,
Ciaran

now you have me laughing!

readingchick

• Trivia Buff
« Reply #1288 on: November 10, 2013, 08:49:29 PM »
Dear Ciaran,

Sincerely,

Your Dutiful Servant.

Hey Dutiful Servant,

Regards,
Ciaran

Glad I could be of service! It's a family euphemism.....my mother came up with it when watching the Fox News ticker and there was something about two otters....no space between the "two" and the "otters" = perfect euphemism for the missing manparts :)

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #1289 on: November 12, 2013, 05:14:33 PM »
Dear Ninja,

I'm sorry Baby tried to baptize you this morning. I fully support your right to choose your own religion and I would never dream of forcing our beliefs on you. I'm especially sorry that he tried to baptize you in the toilet. Again, I'm very sorry.

Love, the buyer of Heathen Kitty treats
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz