Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 168802 times)

Figgie

Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #1335 on: November 29, 2013, 12:26:47 AM »
Dear Missy,

Candy canes?  I didn't expect you to break into the package of candy canes that I bought for the Christmas tree and that I was hiding on top of the cabinet.  And I don't want to know how you managed to strip them out of the package and out of the plastic wrapped around each individual cane.  But manage it you did, as the plastic was lying there in a neat little candy cane shape with the candy cane completely gone. 

You did and have since spent the rest of the evening happily curled up next to me belching peppermint.  Please leave them alone from now on, especially since you have never in the last 10 plus years paid any attention to them when I hang them on the tree.

Love,

Mom

Snooks

« Reply #1336 on: November 29, 2013, 04:56:24 PM »
Moose,

Please stop trying to open the back door.  I have now witnessed you attempting the door knob  :o, and tonight that thing is getting oiled.  Now I know who opened it the last time I forgot to lock it!

Love,

The human who is at least slightly smarter than you.

Greencat - we always had indoor/outdoor cats with no cat flap.  This did not deter my much missed boy who just opened the front door and let himself in.  Did I mention I was home alone and in the shower when he did this?  He also didn't bother to shut the door behind him.  Thankfully the postman shut the front door when he arrived to find it wide open and got no reply when he called into the house.

greencat

« Reply #1337 on: November 29, 2013, 06:09:48 PM »
Moose,

Please stop trying to open the back door.  I have now witnessed you attempting the door knob  :o, and tonight that thing is getting oiled.  Now I know who opened it the last time I forgot to lock it!

Love,

The human who is at least slightly smarter than you.

Greencat - we always had indoor/outdoor cats with no cat flap.  This did not deter my much missed boy who just opened the front door and let himself in.  Did I mention I was home alone and in the shower when he did this?  He also didn't bother to shut the door behind him.  Thankfully the postman shut the front door when he arrived to find it wide open and got no reply when he called into the house.

I habitually lock my back door so it normally isn't possible for him to open it.  It just startled me a great deal to witness him fling himself off the couch at the knob, wrap his paws around it, and swing himself sideways in order to make the knob turn.  Evidently he has this process figured out.  Fortunately the front door is in a narrow hallway that prevents those kind of antics!

Dear Penguin:

I am going to miss you.  However, I know your soon-to-be new Daddy is going to take very good care of you, as he has adored you ever since he picked us both up at midnight to take you to the emergency vet after you were an idiot.  Also, he's a good friend, so I can visit you a lot under the pretense of visiting him.

Love,

Mommy.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1338 on: December 02, 2013, 11:36:16 AM »
Congrats on adopting out Penguin!

Mocha,

I knew that it would be exciting to see your first reactions to the Christmas tree, which is why it has no adornment currently. However, since you ignored it, then tasted it, I did not expect you to be taking flying tackles at it during zoomies. I really hope it is still standing when I get home.

7 lb kitten v. 7' 30 lb tree

Sincerely,

Mum

greencat

« Reply #1339 on: December 03, 2013, 07:55:17 PM »
Congrats on adopting out Penguin!

Mocha,

I knew that it would be exciting to see your first reactions to the Christmas tree, which is why it has no adornment currently. However, since you ignored it, then tasted it, I did not expect you to be taking flying tackles at it during zoomies. I really hope it is still standing when I get home.

7 lb kitten v. 7' 30 lb tree

Sincerely,

Mum

My condolences on the loss of your tree :)

Penguin's relocation was a success!  He is the recipient of much love and petting.

Dear Joker and Batkittens:

Which two of you will my other friend go home with next weekend?  I think you guys have noticed the absence of Penguin, but he's gone to an awesome place where he is the sole recipient of all the loving he can handle, and two of you will go to another friend's house at the end of the week.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1340 on: December 05, 2013, 08:08:43 PM »
Dear Peggy:

These tortilla chips and salsa are mine.  They are people food.  You doing the Snoopy vulture thing over my shoulder isn't going to make me give you any.  It is just going to annoy the snot out of me and make me shove you off the sofa.

Also, which ever one of you chewed the hole in the bag and ate part of my loaf of bread?  NOT COOL.  I'm going to have to get a food locker to keep you away from my food.

The giver of kibbles and bits
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
« Reply #1341 on: December 05, 2013, 10:26:33 PM »
I had a cat that ate loaves of bread too...drove me nuts.  The little bugger figured out the bread box and the kitchen cabinet so I had to put the bread in the fridge..which I hate, but it was that or a torn bag with cat munchie holes in half the loaf >:(

Dear Lilliput & Tulip,
You two are angels...who would have thought 9 months ago when you showed up as 2 small feral kittens that were scared of their own shadows would now snuggle with me every night in bed?  I remember the absolute fuss you both threw when you were trapped to go get your special parts attended to and how you would wait on the porch for your bowls of kibble but run when I brought it out.  Thank you for learning to trust me, for starting to rub me, then allowing pets and eventually to be handled, but mostly, thank you for not tearing off my face when I picked you up and threw you in the house when the temps dropped below freezing a few weeks ago.  I loved waking up that first morning with you both snuggled against me, purring away, happy and content.  You have, as my friends have said, solidified my reputation as the feral cat whisperer (These are my 20 &21st ferals adults that I have managed to tame into house cats).  But, if I may make one suggestion?  Sitting on my keyboard so I can give you head bumps and kisses is annoying when I am trying to work on the computer.

Love,
The lady with a lot of patience and good kitty nummies

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #1342 on: December 05, 2013, 10:45:41 PM »
Dear Sophie,

You are entirely too smart for your own good! I'm not sure how you figured out how to open the basement door, necessitating me fishing you out of the basement at ungodly hours, or how you've learned to break the toy hanger on the cat tree so you can remove the toy and run off with it, but you need to Stop That Right Now. You're teaching the other girls bad habits!

I will admit it's funny that you taught Rika to carry toys around in her mouth like they're prey, though.

Love,
The Not-Furry One.
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch!

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #1343 on: December 05, 2013, 11:39:32 PM »
Dear Cats,

All of this hissing and fighting and nonsense has to stop.  Therefore you are ALL banished from my bed and no cuddles for the rest of the night.  Especially you Ms. Grace.  you may be a grey ninja assassin cat, but I can feel you when you jump up on my bed.

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Cat blog
« Reply #1344 on: December 06, 2013, 12:24:05 PM »
Dear Matilda,

I don't know when you discovered you could get into the paper shelf under my desk, nor what fun it is when you roll it forward by pushing your paws against the top. However those are my knees you are slamming the drawer into at such speed. Please stop. Let me remind you, if I limp I can't get you food as quickly as you would like.

Also sneaking your head out and licking my elbow as I type is disturbing. Don't do that either.

Regards,
Your battered staff member.

stargazer

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1345 on: December 06, 2013, 12:53:36 PM »
Roxie,

Thank you for ensuring the garage door works properly in stopping when it senses something below it.  However, you are a tiny kitty and you are lucky it did not crush you.  Please stop trying to lock yourself in the garage!  And crying at me at night to go outside is not going to work when it is freezing outside and we might possibly even get SNOW tonight (we are at 500 feet, we don't get snow).  You would freeze in an instant.

Love,
The opener and closer of the door to go outside

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #1346 on: December 06, 2013, 03:25:59 PM »
Dear Buddy (aka Buster);

You are such a lover-boy at night, cuddling and purring your inaudible purr ... but ... could you please stop licking us like the dog.  She has a nice, soft, dry tongue.  I know you are giving nice, dry kisses, but your tongue is so rough that it feels like you are biting me, albeit gently.  Maybe you are biting me gently.  Those might be "love bites." ???  I thought we told you "no biting."  That goes for love (with us) AND war (with your doggy sister).

Fondly,
The Kitchen Slave
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

MissRose

« Reply #1347 on: December 06, 2013, 03:50:17 PM »
Dear Peggy:

These tortilla chips and salsa are mine.  They are people food.  You doing the Snoopy vulture thing over my shoulder isn't going to make me give you any.  It is just going to annoy the snot out of me and make me shove you off the sofa.

Also, which ever one of you chewed the hole in the bag and ate part of my loaf of bread?  NOT COOL.  I'm going to have to get a food locker to keep you away from my food.

The giver of kibbles and bits

That reminds me of the time my dad thought his plastic bag with jerky was safe on top of the fridge.  What he did not count on was the ingenuity of the cat to go on the cupboard, then onto the fridge, grab the bag, get down from fridge to cupboard to floor then delivering it to my sister in her room like it was a rodent! My dad learned a lesson = never put food there again!

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1348 on: December 06, 2013, 03:52:26 PM »
When I redo my kitchen, I'm going to have a little cupboard designed, just for the open bags of whatever - bread, chips, crackers.  Anything that I would normally leave out because I'm going to eat it within a few days.  These little monsters are driving me crazy.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

greencat

« Reply #1349 on: December 06, 2013, 05:22:16 PM »
I use my fridge as the safe-from-cats spot.