Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 170773 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #1350 on: December 06, 2013, 05:44:05 PM »
Dear Mocha,

I promise the microsuede crackly play mat was not thirsty. I laid it out for you before leaving for my meeting. When I came back home three hours later, you had stuffed it inside the water bowl!
Your brothers need access to water, please don't do that again!

Baffled,

Your human

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1351 on: December 06, 2013, 06:09:28 PM »
I use my fridge as the safe-from-cats spot.

I find bread goes stale faster in the fridge.  I'd rather freeze it than refrigerate it.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

snowfire

« Reply #1352 on: December 08, 2013, 05:38:23 PM »
Dear fuzzbutts,

It is below 10 F outside.  Walking to a different door does not change the temperature.  Besides, this is part of my evil plan to transition all of you to being indoor only kitties.  Go enjoy the fuzzy pet beds I just bought you or snuggle into the duvet.

Love,
Your human

(I really am trying to turn them from indoor/outdoor kitties to indoor only & I figured ratty weather when they don't even like outside would be a good time to do the transition.)

greencat

« Reply #1353 on: December 08, 2013, 06:19:32 PM »
Dear kittens,

The door is open so you can go out in the yard (and so the dog can go out when he wants, and the house can ventilate from my kitchen painting project.)  Why are all of you hanging out in the bathroom?

Love,

The human.

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #1354 on: December 08, 2013, 07:11:13 PM »
I use my fridge as the safe-from-cats spot.

I find bread goes stale faster in the fridge.  I'd rather freeze it than refrigerate it.

I keep my kitty-thievables in the microwave.  Morty and Salem actually are pretty good, but Morty used to be a shocker for knicking stuff off the benches. 

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #1355 on: December 09, 2013, 08:49:54 AM »
Dear Pris,

I hate to bring this up, but it has to be said. I know you love laps and cuddles. But when I insist you sit down on my lap, instead of stomping all over me and giving me bruises, I actually mean all the way down. Lowering your butt a millimetre and then hovering there until I get mad means that I get to say "Sit down!" about fifty times before your little rear hits the lap.

This is something that badly-trained dogs are fond of doing. Yes, I said it. You are acting like a DOG. Let's just not go any further in that direction, OK?

Love,
Your exasperated lap-keeper.
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #1356 on: December 09, 2013, 02:16:04 PM »
Dear Luna,

Screening your calls again?

Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult); Zuul (F); Magpie (M); Balrog (M); Nazgul (F)

Figgie

« Reply #1357 on: December 10, 2013, 09:21:51 PM »
Dear Mike,

I just knew that I shouldn't have taken my jewelry out to sort it and put it in jewelry box instead of leaving it in the ziploc bags the way I have always done.

But you now have more of my jewelry than I have!  Please, please, please stop opening my jewelry box, removing something and then closing the lid.  I didn't discover you had been stealing until tonight when I went to get out a bracelet and found it (and more) were gone.

Now I have to go and find your latest stash.

Love,

Your very frustrated servant

greencat

« Reply #1358 on: December 11, 2013, 10:34:07 PM »
Dear Coffee Bean,

I am accomplishing nothing for awhile because you have discovered, at the tender age of 5 1/2 weeks, how very good it is to sit on laps.  I seem to have created a cuddle monster.  You may also be the cutest alien since E.T. given that you come when called (learned that one at 4 1/2 weeks!) already.  I need to remember to wear my khakis tomorrow so I can take a proper photo of your adorableness.

Love,

The Babysitter/Royal Throne

Melle

« Reply #1359 on: December 12, 2013, 05:52:00 AM »
Dear Cat,

when I'm frantically searching for you after not having seen you for an hour, it would be nice of you to make some kind of noise so I can free you from the hamper in the closet before your need to go to the bathroom becomes too urgent.

Sincerely,

the can-opener-lady who has to get special detergent now

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #1360 on: December 12, 2013, 06:22:48 PM »
Dear Ninja,

You aren't actually very fierce or stealthy. And when you pick a fight with the stray tomcat, you're not going to win. Especially if you forget to run into the backyard where the doggies will fight your battles for you. Now that you have a war wound, I'm not going to let you back out. Sorry Ninja, you're an indoor kitty, at least until you're fully healed. And no amount of glaring at me is going to change my mind.

Love,
The concerned party pooper
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #1361 on: December 12, 2013, 06:42:46 PM »
Dear Mayer,

When you went to see The Sweetie by the fire, it made a lovely picture of peace and warmth.

In reality, she was crooning, "Don't bite me; don't bite me. Donnnn'tttt biiiittte."

You bit her. You are a jerk.

Love,
The one you don't bite quite as often.

Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult); Zuul (F); Magpie (M); Balrog (M); Nazgul (F)

Nikko-chan

« Reply #1362 on: December 12, 2013, 08:00:09 PM »
Dear Mayer,

When you went to see The Sweetie by the fire, it made a lovely picture of peace and warmth.

In reality, she was crooning, "Don't bite me; don't bite me. Donnnn'tttt biiiittte."

You bit her. You are a jerk.

Love,
The one you don't bite quite as often.

How do you get them to stop biting?

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #1363 on: December 12, 2013, 08:43:12 PM »
I've found negative reinforcement works really well with my kitties.  They aren't biters, but my alpha cat tends get into hissy, bitey moods as she's gotten older.

One thing they all hate is the sound of change jangling and the dreaded spray bottle of wetness. So when she goes after one of the other kitties, I immediately grab some change and start shaking it. If I'm fast I can catch her in the middle of the bad behavior and she'll stop it immediately.

I'm sure she does it when I'm not around, but she's smart enough to stop when I'm there :)

camlan

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1364 on: December 12, 2013, 09:59:49 PM »
Dear Mayer:

Tactical error, bro. Head butts and purrs get more treats. Sometimes even catnip, but you might have to resort to kneading the air for that.

But seriously, you lost a spot by the *fire* because you felt like biting the hand that feeds you? Not cool, dude, just not cool.

Get your act together,

Fred (currently on warm lap getting ear scritches because I lick the hand that feeds me instead of biting it)
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, “I’m possible!” –Audrey Hepburn