Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 176892 times)

snowfire

Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #1380 on: December 19, 2013, 11:31:57 PM »
My big tomcat Neko is a yogurt junkie.  It doesn't matter what flavor, he'll try to mug me for it.  I've had to lock myself in my office just to get to eat in peace.  He hasn't gotten his head stuck, but only because I usually eat Yoplait & he is a BIG cat, but it is not for lack of trying.

Ms_Cellany, My Tyra kitty is a groomer.  She usually grooms DH because his hair is shorter.  When she tries to groom me, it is 'lick, lick, ptooooi, lick, lick, ptooooi"  >:D  My hair is a LOT longer.  ;D

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #1381 on: December 22, 2013, 03:00:23 PM »
Dear whichever cat decided to pee on my bed, not once, but twice:

STOP THAT. >:( You have ruined my feather blanket, and if I can't get that smell out of my mattress, I might just be tempted to turn you into a dingdangity fur coat! Argh!

No love,
the Not-Furry One.

(Not a stress thing, I think one of the cats is not feeling very well. At least I've narrowed it down to either Lily or Sophie, but I really have no way of telling which one unless I catch them peeing on something else... *sigh*)
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch!

JoW

« Reply #1382 on: December 22, 2013, 03:26:23 PM »
Liliane - you need a bottle of Nature's Miracle.  Its available at pet supply places, in the Clean Up aisle.  Use it like the package says - saturate the smelly spot, let it dry naturally.  If it dries in less than 6 hours you didn't use enough, try again. 

If the smell can be removed from your mattress and feather blanket Nature's Miracle is the product that will do it. 

It may leave a water mark.  Use any upholstery cleaner to get rid of that. 

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #1383 on: December 22, 2013, 03:44:50 PM »
Liliane - you need a bottle of Nature's Miracle.  Its available at pet supply places, in the Clean Up aisle.  Use it like the package says - saturate the smelly spot, let it dry naturally.  If it dries in less than 6 hours you didn't use enough, try again. 

If the smell can be removed from your mattress and feather blanket Nature's Miracle is the product that will do it. 

It may leave a water mark.  Use any upholstery cleaner to get rid of that.

I've got a bottle, and it seems to be working on my mattress. The blanket's beyond repair - whoever made the mess dribbled all the way down the blanket and it's soaked into the feathers. I did want to get a proper blanket shell and better feathers, I guess now I have an excuse... *sigh*

Amara

« Reply #1384 on: December 22, 2013, 04:04:52 PM »
Can you wash it with vinegar?

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #1385 on: December 22, 2013, 04:08:51 PM »
Can you wash it with vinegar?

No. It's a full-size blanket and there's no laundromats with a washer big enough. Trust me, I've looked into every option, I really don't want to have to remake the blanket, but that's what has to happen. :-\

JoW

« Reply #1386 on: December 22, 2013, 04:47:22 PM »
I still think Nature's Miracle can save the feather blanket.  They way I see it, that blanket is headed for the trash.  So try it.  The worst that can happen is that the blanket still goes to the trash. 

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #1387 on: December 22, 2013, 04:59:42 PM »
I still think Nature's Miracle can save the feather blanket.  They way I see it, that blanket is headed for the trash.  So try it.  The worst that can happen is that the blanket still goes to the trash.

I've already tried - it only made it smell even worse, actually, probably because the feathers got wet. It's alright, I really did need an excuse to get a proper blanket shell and better feathers.

(ETA: I have given it another soaking with Nature's Miracle and I'll let it sit overnight. Mutter grumble cats...)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 06:39:05 PM by Liliane »

BarensMom

« Reply #1388 on: December 23, 2013, 06:43:20 AM »

I've already tried - it only made it smell even worse, actually, probably because the feathers got wet. It's alright, I really did need an excuse to get a proper blanket shell and better feathers.

(ETA: I have given it another soaking with Nature's Miracle and I'll let it sit overnight. Mutter grumble cats...)

Try taking it to the dry cleaners and ask if they can have it washed - you'd be surprised at how big the commercial washing machines are.

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #1389 on: December 23, 2013, 07:44:10 AM »

Try taking it to the dry cleaners and ask if they can have it washed - you'd be surprised at how big the commercial washing machines are.

That's not a bad idea, I'm just afraid I'd be charged an arm and a leg (if they'd even take it) for 1: oversize item, and 2: cat pee smell. It's...pretty vile. I can smell it a good ten feet away...  :-\

OSUJillyBean

« Reply #1390 on: December 23, 2013, 09:52:38 AM »
Dear Beankitty,

Yes the male-person-who-is-not-Mama and I are trying for a baby.  I promise we do NOT need your advice (you're spayed and a kitty virgin, so far as I know) and that we have got this handled.  Sitting at the foot of the bed and watching the entire event is creepy.  Holding up scorecards is just unnecessary.

Love,
Mama-Bean

ps - Not-the-Mama did not appreciate you climbing up onto his back  .03 seconds after we were "finished" and trying to nap there. 
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 04:36:14 PM by OSUJillyBean »

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #1391 on: December 23, 2013, 03:48:26 PM »
ps - Not-the-Mama did not appreciate you climbing up onto his back  .03 seconds after we were "finished" and trying to nap there.
The real Midnight Kitty would wait until .03 seconds after we finished, then squeeze in between us so she could wallow in all that lovin' feeling. :-*
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Figgie

« Reply #1392 on: December 23, 2013, 06:56:54 PM »
Dear Mike,

No, no, no, NO!!  I don't how you figured out how to open up the medicine cabinet.  It has the kind of latch that you have to push in at the bottom of the door and then pull the door out to open.

But you did and I found most of the contents in the bathroom sink/bathroom and I am currently missing tweezers, eyeliner pencil, a small tube of travel size toothpaste, hair ties and a bottle of Zantac.  Since it is me that is getting ulcers from your thievery, I would hope that you could at least return the bottle of Zantac.

Love,

The one who has to get her spouse to crawl around on the floor with a flashlight to try and find your latest stash.

JeanFromBNA

« Reply #1393 on: December 23, 2013, 08:17:01 PM »
Dear Mittens,

When I yell, "Mittens, get off the kitchen counter!" I mean, you, Mittens. 

There is nobody else in the house named Mittens.

Love,

Yr exasperated Mom

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1394 on: December 23, 2013, 09:07:54 PM »
Dear Sassy:

I getting really tired of yelling, 'Sass, get down!'

Knock it off!

The one who is abandoning you and your sister for a few days.

(Not completely - a friend will look in on them Christmas Night and I'll be home Friday.)
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario