Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 198749 times)

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #1410 on: December 27, 2013, 06:10:36 PM »
Dear Morty

I'm glad that the dried green-lipped mussels Santa left in your stocking meet with your approval.  It's a pity that Salem doesn't enjoy them as much as you.

So when you ate Salem's mussel as well as your own, right on top of Xmas dinner ham and prawns, it is entirely possible that it was one mussel too many.

Nan didn't appreciate you horking it all up on her bed at midnight.

Love
The one who doles out your treats - very sparingly.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1411 on: December 27, 2013, 06:14:29 PM »
Dear Sassy and Peggy:

I wasn't sure when I'd be home so I fed you right through tomorrow morning.  So imagine my surprise when I got home and there was almost no food left in your dishes!  And the catsitter might have given you some extra when she dropped in.

Get used to lean times, girls, as it's back to regular rations, starting tonight.

Signed,
The diet police.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

greencat

« Reply #1412 on: December 28, 2013, 03:32:46 PM »
Dear Mama Cat,

I am on vacation.  This means that I do not have to get up at 7:30 for work.  Seriously.  You have food.  You have water.  Your litter box is clean.  Let me sleep!

Dear Coffee Bean the kitten,

Awwwwwwww.  You sleep on me every night and as much of the day as you can.  Awwwww.  But seriously, when I need to get up, it's not time to dig your precious little claws into my clothes and hold on for dear life.

Love,

The babysitter

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1413 on: December 30, 2013, 07:56:00 AM »
Dear Mocha,

You are adorable. Your sneezes are adorable. Stealing margarine off my muffin 10 seconds after I put the plate down is not adorable.

Love,

Mom

Mal

« Reply #1414 on: December 30, 2013, 08:37:12 AM »
Dear Cat,

my sister is not a trampoline.

Sincerely,

the one who takes flak for your bad behavior

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #1415 on: December 31, 2013, 09:33:46 PM »
My dainty little princess,

I know you really have taken a shine to my Christmas slippers, but they are not your kittens.   You've never had kittens.   I do realize that said slippers do look a lot like you, but they still are not your kittens.   Please stop herding them through the house crying and chirping. It freaks me out and I think you are hurt or trapped somewhere. I would really like to Actually wear my Christmas slippers. I do not appreciate you stealing them while they are still on my feet either.

Your loving human
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1416 on: December 31, 2013, 09:59:55 PM »
Dear Mocha,

I have worn socks before. Why are you suddenly attacking my poor defenseless foot? Your claws are sharp.

Puzzled,

Mom

daen

« Reply #1417 on: January 01, 2014, 02:34:54 PM »

I know you really have taken a shine to my Christmas slippers, but they are not your kittens.   You've never had kittens.   I do realize that said slippers do look a lot like you, but they still are not your kittens.   Please stop herding them through the house crying and chirping. It freaks me out and I think you are hurt or trapped somewhere. I would really like to Actually wear my Christmas slippers. I do not appreciate you stealing them while they are still on my feet either.

Your loving human

Dazi, I feel for you.

My nitro-kitty similarly thinks that my monkey-slippers are her kittens. She will ignore them if they're on my feet, but if I leave them in the hallway, she'll carry them (by the scruff of the neck) to the living room, to the "safe place" under the coffee table.

And if I leave them where she can find them at night, she sings lullabies to them for a quarter-hour before letting them (and me) go to sleep.

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #1418 on: January 01, 2014, 06:08:23 PM »
Dear Buddy;

That "thing" you keep attacking is the tip of your tail.  Yes - your tail.  It is following you.  It will always follow you.  If you bite it, you will feel the pain, but go ahead and keep chasin' it!  It entertains your *Daddy* and me. >:D

The Hairless One That Provides the Good Food :-*
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

mechtilde

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1419 on: January 01, 2014, 06:10:47 PM »

Your loving human

Dazi, I feel for you.

My nitro-kitty similarly thinks that my monkey-slippers are her kittens. She will ignore them if they're on my feet, but if I leave them in the hallway, she'll carry them (by the scruff of the neck) to the living room, to the "safe place" under the coffee table.

And if I leave them where she can find them at night, she sings lullabies to them for a quarter-hour before letting them (and me) go to sleep.

Sounds horribly familiar. She's calmed down a little over the years, but my girl still carried around toys, rolled up sock etc around and woe betide any other cat who even considers approaching...
NE England

Jones

« Reply #1420 on: January 01, 2014, 06:41:11 PM »
Dear Shadow, Col and Charlie,

Daddy is recovering your cat tree with new carpet. I'm very sorry that you apparently have nowhere else in the house to hang out (could I interest you in the empty lower shelves in the entertainment center or the currently empty beds? How about the laundry hampers?) but taking out your ire out on the dogs isn't helping anyone. Take the bad attitudes to yourself or make use of the doggy door into the fenced yard, you mopey creatures. He says it will be done today, you'll get your hangout back soon.

Oh and Shadow, I don't mind you hanging out by my computer, but get your little pink tongue out of my dinner bowl. Mine!

Signed, the less than sympathetic, non-sharing human.

AlephReish

« Reply #1421 on: January 02, 2014, 05:22:22 PM »
Dearest, darling Gracie-
   I realize this is your first winter on earth. I also realize that you have a fur coat which helps regulate your temperature, and that you can also change positions in your sleep to regulate your temp. My temperature regulation does not work that well - sometimes I need to stick a foot out from under the blankets to cool down a little. Sniffing and inspecting that foot is fine. Deciding that it is an interloper which needs to be attacked is NOT.

Yours truly,
Mom

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #1422 on: January 02, 2014, 06:07:00 PM »
Dear Jack,

We are very happy you came out and socialized for the New Year's Day party.

You, on the other hand:

Love,
The person who thinks that is a very cunning hat.
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #1423 on: January 02, 2014, 10:24:30 PM »
Dear Pris,

I was so worried years ago when I got you and you wouldn't eat. I had to force-feed you! I have been semi-worried all these years when you take two bites of your food and leave. I don't know how you even survive on two bites, let alone stay fat as butter.

Now suddenly in your old age you are emulating your brother and sticking your face in my cereal bowl!? What the heck!?! I don't need two of you stealing my food!

Love, your amused Mama.
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

MerryCat

« Reply #1424 on: January 02, 2014, 11:48:17 PM »
Dearest, darling Gracie-
   I realize this is your first winter on earth. I also realize that you have a fur coat which helps regulate your temperature, and that you can also change positions in your sleep to regulate your temp. My temperature regulation does not work that well - sometimes I need to stick a foot out from under the blankets to cool down a little. Sniffing and inspecting that foot is fine. Deciding that it is an interloper which needs to be attacked is NOT.

Yours truly,
Mom

Dear Gracie,

Don't be fooled. Those aren't feet, those are blanket mice  that need to be trounced thoroughly at every opportunity. You may also see them moving under the blanket. Be sure to pounce on them hard then bite and bunny kick them into submission. Remember, the best time to do this is at 3 in the morning, when the un-furry ones sleeping.

Happy hunting!

Mitten