News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• August 21, 2017, 09:22:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 601612 times)

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #1530 on: March 15, 2014, 03:29:52 PM »
Dear kittehs,

I have ordered some new kitteh items for you. Please take care of them. (A large kitteh perch for the window they love).

Love,

Human
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #1531 on: March 16, 2014, 10:27:52 AM »
Dear Sassy and Peggy:

I'm surprised you didn't explode.  Your food dishes were completely bare when I got back this morning.  I was only gone for about 40 hours!  And gave you food for more than 48.

I also didn't appreciate the correspondingly large and numerous deposits in the litter boxes...
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

greencat

• Trap...Neuter...What was that third thing again?
« Reply #1532 on: March 16, 2014, 01:01:23 PM »
Dear Princess,

Thank you for sleeping on my shoulder this morning to keep Coffee Bean from waking me up again.  I appreciate the uninterrupted sleep produced by having a guard cat.

Love,

Your appreciative servant.

katycoo

« Reply #1533 on: March 16, 2014, 07:24:25 PM »
Dear Boris.

Please learn to jump back over the fence.  We only let you out the back door as we hope (likely in vain) that you will stay in the perfectly good backyard like Lolly and not insist on roaming the street.  I object to letting you in the front door only to have you walk straight to the backdoor and start wailing again.  If you want back in the backyard, please get yourself there or start considering that before you leave.

Love,

Katycoo

soetkin

« Reply #1534 on: March 18, 2014, 07:22:02 AM »
Dear Dude

Stop growling at and chasing after the little cat when you're bored. You know the dogs don't like disturbances in the pack and will bark at you to knock it off. You know if they do this at 3 am, the boss lady (i.e. me) will have a heart attack. Yes, this is (one of the several reasons) why you now sleep outside.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #1535 on: March 18, 2014, 07:36:02 AM »
Dear Mocha,

I am so glad you wanted snuggles at 4:45 AM and then to lay on my side, belly and my other side depending on if I turned. I like the sniffs and baffing of the fingers, but no teeth from now on. Also, leave daddy alone as he was fully asleep and not awake to give you attention.

Love,

Mom

Biscuit,

Why oh why did you puke on your dad's special shirt? And the recliner? And the floor? I found it with my bare feet this morning.

Disgusted,

The female human
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

greencat

« Reply #1536 on: March 18, 2014, 12:26:39 PM »
Dear Batman,

Why did you suddenly decide that it was a wonderful idea to bite my leg?  You were just laying there snuggled up and then you were trying to perforate my leg.

Dear Coffee Bean,

You have sapped my will to get up and do things by laying in my lap.  Glad I already managed to deal with the laundry this morning, and I have two meals pre-packed for work already...

Love,

Your human parent

Free Range Hippy Chick

« Reply #1537 on: March 21, 2014, 05:12:39 AM »
Darling fur

I know it's called a mouse, but it isn't really one. If you chase it across the desk, dabbing at it with your paws, while I'm making a cup of tea in the kitchen, something horrible happens to the formatting of the post I'm intending to put on LiveJournal later today. I can't find what you've done to the spacing to make it that all the paragraphs have breaks except one which still says that it does but plainly doesn't, and I didn't even know I had that font. Also, ukjgrcdx isn't a word in English, from which I deduce that you walked on the keyboard. You're an old cat; you've never done this before. Why have you started now?

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #1538 on: March 21, 2014, 08:15:45 AM »
Dear Sassy:

Stop hissing at me when I walk by you.  If you don't want me to walk anywhere near you, don't lay in the dingdangity way all the time!

The one who is tired of being hissed at after 3 long years
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

greencat

« Reply #1539 on: March 21, 2014, 05:27:36 PM »
Dear kitties,

Mommy only had 6 hours to sleep between shifts at work today.  Why did no less than three of you (that I opened my eyes up enough to identify) decide I needed to get up 49 minutes before my alarm went off?  The food bowl was not empty - yes, you could see a lot of the bottom, but since the food bowl is actually a 2-quart casserole dish,  that means there was enough food for two cats to fill up from being starving.  The water bowl was not empty either.  I assure you that you need to wait for at least 10 hours of continuous non-motion before you need to start checking if I'm dead.

Love,

Tired hoomin.

misha412

« Reply #1540 on: March 21, 2014, 08:57:12 PM »
Darling fur

I know it's called a mouse, but it isn't really one. If you chase it across the desk, dabbing at it with your paws, while I'm making a cup of tea in the kitchen, something horrible happens to the formatting of the post I'm intending to put on LiveJournal later today. I can't find what you've done to the spacing to make it that all the paragraphs have breaks except one which still says that it does but plainly doesn't, and I didn't even know I had that font. Also, ukjgrcdx isn't a word in English, from which I deduce that you walked on the keyboard. You're an old cat; you've never done this before. Why have you started now?

Well the fastest growing social media demographic is the elderly. Maybe the kitty wants to join the fun.

Ser Lucien Liliane

• He Who Makes Words Make Sense
    • My tumblr
« Reply #1541 on: March 24, 2014, 02:55:07 PM »
Dear Sophie,

Yes, I put a harness on you. Yes, I laughed hysterically at you when you rolled about and gave me flabbergasted looks. No, I'm not going to apologize, because you are not injured in the least, not even your dignity.

Tee hee,
the Not-Furry One.

"This is the kind of nonsense up with which I will not put."

MonteCristo

• My Esty Shop
« Reply #1542 on: March 26, 2014, 09:48:44 AM »
To all my pets both cats and dog,

Why do you have a problem with me reading?  Why is it so fascinating?  I can cook, clean, play video games, watch tv, anything else, and you just carry on with your own business, but if I start to read, there you are in my face demanding all the attention.  How can you even tell when I switch from a game to a book on the ipad?  Why do I have to run the tv when I'm reading just to fool you?  This is getting ridiculous!

Your confused mommy.

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #1543 on: March 26, 2014, 10:11:55 AM »
Dear Matilda,

How can such a cute cat emit such a vile odour? And why do you choose to do it when you're on my lap exclusively? Don't tell me, you're 'relaxing'.

Regards,
Mum-with-clothes-pegs

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #1544 on: March 26, 2014, 10:21:59 AM »
Dear Sophie,

Yes, I put a harness on you. Yes, I laughed hysterically at you when you rolled about and gave me flabbergasted looks. No, I'm not going to apologize, because you are not injured in the least, not even your dignity.

Tee hee,
the Not-Furry One.

Dear Hairless Ape:

Red clashes with my glorious calicosity. Please correct.

Love,
Cat with Taste
Bingle bongle dingle dangle yickity-do yickity-dah ping-pong lippy-toppy too tah.