News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• December 16, 2017, 01:08:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 681365 times)

PastryGoddess

Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #1545 on: March 26, 2014, 10:47:17 AM »
Dear Cats,

There is only 1 cricket. You all need to decide amongst yourselves who gets to eat it. Don't look at me like that, I don't want it in the house!

Ser Lucien Liliane

• The Unsleeping Translator
    • My tumblr
« Reply #1546 on: March 26, 2014, 10:50:42 AM »
Dear Sophie,

Yes, I put a harness on you. Yes, I laughed hysterically at you when you rolled about and gave me flabbergasted looks. No, I'm not going to apologize, because you are not injured in the least, not even your dignity.

Tee hee,
the Not-Furry One.

Dear Hairless Ape:

Red clashes with my glorious calicosity. Please correct.

Love,
Cat with Taste

;D ;D ;D

It was the only harness we have in the house that would fit her - she's become a rather large cat. Not fat, just large. Amusingly enough, that's also the harness that my mother's miniature poodle used to wear... ;D
"Ah, yes. I forgot you've taken levels in Defeating Paperwork."

Alli8098

« Reply #1547 on: March 26, 2014, 11:42:16 AM »
Dear Isabelle,

I understand your water bowl may have just recently become empty but please refrain from telling me so by sticking your head in my glass of water and drinking it.  You are not the only cat in the house, but you are the only one who does that.

Love,
Your Thirsty Momma

djinnidjream

« Reply #1548 on: March 26, 2014, 11:54:13 AM »
Dear Chester,

It has been almost a week since I held you at the vet while they put you to sleep.  I know this winter was really hard on you, and that old age made you very uncomfortable.  I hope that you are running around with Buster, Homer, Lucy and Chuck at the Rainbow Bridge waiting for me.  Thank you for being so patient with the kids when they were babies and putting up with their constant loving on you, and for being so patient with the ridiculous Halloween costumes we made you wear.  You were always, and will always be, my lovely.  Rest well little guy- you deserve it.

Mom.

Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey

jayhawk

• my organizing website
« Reply #1549 on: March 26, 2014, 04:41:04 PM »
Dear Chester,

It has been almost a week since I held you at the vet while they put you to sleep.  I know this winter was really hard on you, and that old age made you very uncomfortable.  I hope that you are running around with Buster, Homer, Lucy and Chuck at the Rainbow Bridge waiting for me.  Thank you for being so patient with the kids when they were babies and putting up with their constant loving on you, and for being so patient with the ridiculous Halloween costumes we made you wear.  You were always, and will always be, my lovely.  Rest well little guy- you deserve it.

Mom.

{{{{Hugs}}}}

Mad Goat Woman

• formerly Hamlet: The Original Emo
    • Mad Goat Woman
« Reply #1550 on: March 26, 2014, 11:15:34 PM »
Dear Ghostie Grey

Why oh why must you sit on me and play with my fabric while I'm trying to pin it?

Love,
Mummy.

Captains Flat, Australia

Venus193

• Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #1551 on: March 27, 2014, 05:45:26 AM »
Dear Sophie,

Yes, I put a harness on you. Yes, I laughed hysterically at you when you rolled about and gave me flabbergasted looks. No, I'm not going to apologize, because you are not injured in the least, not even your dignity.

Tee hee,
the Not-Furry One.

Dear Hairless Ape:

Love,
Cat with Taste

;D ;D ;D

It was the only harness we have in the house that would fit her - she's become a rather large cat. Not fat, just large. Amusingly enough, that's also the harness that my mother's miniature poodle used to wear... ;D

That's what's offending her the most!  Cats see dogs as inferior beings.

daen

« Reply #1552 on: March 27, 2014, 08:15:11 AM »
Dear Sophie,

Tee hee,
the Not-Furry One.

Dear Hairless Ape:

Love,
Cat with Taste

;D ;D ;D

That's what's offending her the most!  Cats see dogs as inferior beings.

Cats see everyone as inferior beings. Dogs are especially low on the list, though.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #1553 on: March 27, 2014, 08:23:16 AM »
Dear Mocha,

What possessed you to go caving in my dresser? At 11:30 PM? While I was in bed, nearly asleep? All I heard was a few thumps and some scraping as you tried to get out with your claws. I assure you the dressers will remained closed to you.

Baffled,

Mom
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

greencat

• Trap...Neuter...What was that third thing again?
« Reply #1554 on: March 27, 2014, 01:50:27 PM »
Dear Momcat,

Although I greatly enjoy the small piles of marshmallow fluff you've gifted me with this time, please be aware that I am scheduling an appointment to have you spayed ASAP. 
There will be no more extractions of kittens from my walls and ceiling!

Love,

The human you adopted.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #1555 on: March 27, 2014, 02:22:23 PM »
^So glad the marshmallow fluff kittens were rescued and hope the damage wasn't too great.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #1556 on: March 27, 2014, 04:26:49 PM »
Dear Pris,

Standing on my dresser so you can peer out of the bedroom door and yell at me when I walk in the front door is freaking adorable. Also kind of annoying, but still adorable.

Dear Mikey,

Turning up the cute to eleven this afternoon so I had to stop watching YouTube and pet you is also annoying and adorable.

I'm not sure why you guys feel the need to be so pettable lately, but it is a little worrying. If you are planning on taking over the world, can you do it quietly, so Mama can sleep? Thanks!
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

GreenHall

« Reply #1557 on: March 28, 2014, 01:34:54 PM »
Dear Momcat,

Although I greatly enjoy the small piles of marshmallow fluff you've gifted me with this time, please be aware that I am scheduling an appointment to have you spayed ASAP. 

Love,

The human you adopted.

Have I missed where marshmallow fluff pictures have been posted? That would be terrible.  If I have not missed photos, then my understanding of the unwritten rules is that, having mentioned marshmallow fluff kittens, you owe us pictures.  (and perhaps further detail on wall and ceiling extractions...)

I do see the one marshmallow in your name box - just makes me want more!

greencat

• Trap...Neuter...What was that third thing again?
« Reply #1558 on: March 28, 2014, 05:28:15 PM »
Dear Momcat,

Love,

The human you adopted.

Have I missed where marshmallow fluff pictures have been posted? That would be terrible.  If I have not missed photos, then my understanding of the unwritten rules is that, having mentioned marshmallow fluff kittens, you owe us pictures.  (and perhaps further detail on wall and ceiling extractions...)

Pictures!

http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=132978.msg3127630

Alli8098

« Reply #1559 on: March 28, 2014, 05:42:46 PM »
Dear Momcat,

Love,

The human you adopted.

Pictures!

http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=132978.msg3127630

Sweet babies, our Isabelle was an unexpected kitten when the momma cat managed to escape her owner's apartment.  That little momma I believe had 7 or 8 kittens, a bunch of calico females and some orange striped little boys.  DH fell in love with the little quiet female with the pink nose and lips who was acting so quiet and sweet.  Little did we know she was just worn out and we adopted what we think was the alpha of the litter.  Imagine our surprise when the little ball of fluff could intimidate our large yellow lab and bully the adult cats out of their food.  This is the same cat who was zooming around the house after coming out of anesthesia when we had her spayed.  She's six years old now and fearless as ever!  Enjoy those little balls of marshmallow fluff while they are still little.  ;)