Author Topic: You're going to give me WHAT?!  (Read 1753 times)

DottyG

• Super Hero!
You're going to give me WHAT?!
« on: May 17, 2007, 10:29:25 AM »
This isn't "random" because it's typical of the store I go to.  But, this went a lot further beyond what I was expecting, so I had to mention it here.

I bought a pork loin Sunday night.  Due to work, I wasn't able to get home in time to cook it until last night.  As I was putting it into the pan, I noticed that the "Sell By" date was the 15th - I was one day off.

I thought about using it anyway, but then I thought I'd just call the store and make sure that they thought it was a good idea.

When I mentioned the "one day off" to the meat guy, his immediate reaction was "NO!  You can't use that!"  When I balked a bit and said, "But, it's just one day, are you sure?" he said, "Well, if you're going to use it, I want you to make sure you cook it at X temperature and...."

I cut in and said, "You know what?  I'm going to take your advice.  I'm not going to use it!"

He said, "Well, don't throw it away.  If you'll put it into a bag and bring it back, I'll give you another one for free.  If you want to wait until tomorrow to come, since it's already 7:00 tonight, that's ok.  My name is Joe, and I'm here until 11:00 tomorrow.  Just bring it back to me!  You can have pork tomorrow night instead."

I was just blown away by how nice that way for him to offer to do.  The pork may have been ok (although, it did have a funny tinge to it), but I don't want to take any chances.

I love this store (it's Central Market, for those who have one in their city).  I have NEVER met an unfriendly employee in these stores.  Everyone is so sweet and helpful.  And, this is only one example of going above the call of duty for them (some of you may remember the story of getting my Grandma an orchid for her funeral and what they did for us?)

SunkissableOne

Re: You're going to give me WHAT?!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 10:49:39 PM »
Wow!  What a great guy! :)