Author Topic: Airplane/airport Ettiquette  (Read 14658 times)

Mopsy428

Re: Airplane/airport Ettiquette
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2010, 10:32:48 PM »
Secondly, if you were going to be pressed for time, you should've chosen a later connecting flight or an earlier initial flight to allow for these delays. 

While I agree that complaining won't help, it isn't always up to the passenger to choose a different itinerary. I recently had an extremely tight connection en route to Chicago from Boise and came *thisclose* to missing my flight. When I had booked the trip, I gave myself an hour layover in Minneapolis, which should be plenty of time, especially as both flights were on the same airline. After my booking, due to changes with NWA and Delta merging, not only was my flight time changed, shortening my layover time to just 35 minutes, my departure gate was also no longer in the same concourse as my arrival gate, and I had to run all the way across the airport.
I once had a 4 hour lay-over at City A, and then the airline made some type of mistake, coupled with mechanical problems, and I ended up on a flight to City B, where I had a 1 hour lay-over before I boarded a plane to my final destination. That was wild.

Mopsy428

Re: Airplane/airport Ettiquette
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2010, 10:44:46 PM »
I don't mind people getting things out the overhead before they get off, BUT:

-if you are staying on the flight, please do NOT get things out of the overhead or block the aisle until the passengers that need to get off do so.

-"Young children" does not include teenagers. Please don't argue with the attendants about boarding early because you are traveling with teenagers. (Yes, I've seen this happen.  ::))

-LISTEN to the instructions about overhead bins. If the flight attendant tells you to put your coats with your person because the flight is full, do NOT stuff it in the overhead bin. In addition, do not get riled up when someone (usually a flight attendant) pulls out your jacket and asks whose it is so that other people can put their carry-on in the overhead compartment.