News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• September 19, 2017, 10:45:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My mother and my new hair  (Read 5335 times)

pollywog

My mother and my new hair
« on: November 19, 2009, 11:47:05 AM »
I dyed my hair for the first time in 12 years.  Went from mousy blonde to "Medium Honey Brown".  Could use some touch ups before it is perfect, but I LOVE it and so does DF.  And just about everyone else.
Except my mom, apparently. 

I was sitting on the floor with DD and my mom walks by, then stops, looks down at me and says "Oh, let me see your hair".
Studies it for a moment, then "Well, I guess it came out OK"  in THAT tone.  You know the one....

DF and I just looked at her.  Crickets churped.  Mom shrugged and left. 
Nothing more has been said.  But I feel GREAT that I didn't snap at her, and make the convo go really south.

claddagh lass

Re: My mother and my new hair
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 02:23:04 PM »
As long as you're happy with your hair that's all that really matters.   :)

Hushabye

Re: My mother and my new hair
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 03:55:27 PM »
I think that's excellent use of the technique.  And I also agree with claddagh lass: as long as you love it and you're happy, that's the important thing.  (And it's boosted by the fact that your DH likes it too.)