Author Topic: Autograph Stories  (Read 32030 times)

Petticoats

Re: Autograph Stories
« Reply #105 on: February 18, 2010, 11:02:07 AM »
A cousin of mine had a funny non-autograph incident. Years ago she worked as a bartender, and she said Chris Isaaks would perform from time to time at one place where she'd worked.

"Neat!" I said. "Did you get to talk to him?"

She thought a moment and said, "'Another beer, Mr. Isaaks?'"

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBAa6CvY-TQ
« Reply #106 on: February 19, 2010, 03:26:41 AM »

Ooohh! now I'm extra jealous! Petticoats.
I love the man more than the earth. Great in concert.

And its Isaak, no 'S'  :D
Stewart/Colbert '16

Auntie Mame

• Live! Live! LIVE!
« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2010, 03:27:54 AM »
A cousin of mine had a funny non-autograph incident. Years ago she worked as a bartender, and she said Chris Isaaks would perform from time to time at one place where she'd worked.

Swoon, sigh...Chris Issak.
Auntie needs fuel, black coffee and a side car.

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
« Reply #108 on: February 19, 2010, 03:37:54 AM »

Take a number and get behind me!  >:D
Stewart/Colbert '16

Auntie Mame

• Live! Live! LIVE!
« Reply #109 on: February 19, 2010, 04:49:36 AM »

I was here first.  You wanna take this outside? ;)

Petticoats

« Reply #110 on: February 19, 2010, 09:40:49 AM »

And its Isaak, no 'S'  :D

Sorry! I was just proud for remembering the "k" instead of a "c." :)

Yeah, I was pretty envious of her too.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2010, 09:17:41 PM »
One of my best friends got to meet Johnny Depp 2 years ago in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, when he was doing Public Enemies.  She and her sister found out he'd be doing a meet & greet after filming a few days so she, her sister and a friend drove the 5 hours to the location.   They got there hours before and staked out a spot near the barrier they'd (production) set up.  

Finally it was time for Johnny to come out, as he'd gone in his trailer after filming to shower and change before coming back out.   But before he came out, one of the bodyguards/security told every one that if anyone got out of hand, or loud, Johnny would not come out because he didn't want anyone to get hurt.   Friend was worried at first because some of the teenagers behind them were getting loud and squealy.   Might not have been e-hell approved, but my friend and her sister both turned around and GLARED at the girls until they quieted and stayed quiet.   They weren't the only ones that did this, as everyone wanted to be sure Johnny would come out.

Well he did, and friend said the people behind her were starting to crowd in, and she was starting to get squeezed back (she was up against the barrier) but her sister grabbed her arm and kept her up at the front.   Well they were watching him come down, talking to each person and then he came to them.

She said he held her hand, not just shook it, but held her hand while looking her right in the eye and talking to her.  She thanked him sincerely for coming out to see all of them and he said "Oh no, thank you!  It's because of all of you that I'm employed, so I'm glad to do it!"  He actually does have it in his contract that he be allowed by the production company to have meet & greets with fans.   She told him she admired him because he is so real and he blushed! Heehee!

He talked to her and her sister, and her sister got to kiss him on the cheek.   And the whole time my friend said she was thinking "I'm holding hands with the Captain!"  (We're both huge POTC fans!)  He continued down the line, talking to everyone and this next thing she witnessed she said was just the coolest thing.

A little girl, maybe between 8 & 10, asked Johnny if he would talk like Captain Jack.   Well being a method actor, he didn't just talk like the captain, he truly just morphed into Captain Jack Sparrow right in front of them.   Took on the posture, mannerisms, everything.   He took the little girl's hand in his and bowed over it, saying in his Jack voice, "And who do I have th' pleasure of meeting?"    

No autographs were given, but pictures were taken of Johnny. :D  And my friend has a memory she'll never forget!   That and when she saw the movie it was even cooler because she could say "OOohh we saw that scene being filmed!!"
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Scuba_Dog

« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2010, 10:42:33 PM »
Piratelvr1121,

That is the greatest story!  Thank you for sharing that!
"If you are going through hell, keep going."
Winston Churchill

Auntie Mame

• Live! Live! LIVE!
« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2010, 01:48:03 AM »
Piratelvr1121, just shen I thought I couldn't love Johnny more, you post that story!

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2010, 02:50:44 AM »

I was here first.  You wanna take this outside? ;)

I waited 15 years to see one of his concerts and I finally did it last year!  ;D  :D
Stewart/Colbert '16

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #115 on: February 24, 2010, 05:49:00 PM »
Piratelvr1121, just shen I thought I couldn't love Johnny more, you post that story!

That's what I thought when she relayed the story to me when she got home from the trip!  I had heard glowing reports and heard that he is very sweet and extremely appreciative of his fans, but hearing it from a friend who got to meet him first hand made it even more real! 

I wish I could have gone with her, but living in MD, it would have been a further trek for me than her, and couldn't afford to make the trip and take time off work.

In her own words:
"Before I knew it, he reached out and took my hand!  Johnny looks straight into your eyes when he talks to you, and I started by simply saying, "Johnny, thank you so much for coming out and talking to us, tonight... "  Oh my GOD, his eyes are so deep chocolate brown, and he just pulls you right into them....

He said, "No, no... thank you guys for coming out and staying out to see me, this evening... you don't know how much I appreciate all of you..."  He did not just shake my hand and move on... he stood there, HOLDING MY HAND, and talking TO me, not AT me....

He said that he does not understand why everyone would stand for hours to see him, and I told him it is because he is genuine... for real... and he BLUSHED! He is so shy, and he kept holding my hand! I am just a blithering idiot!!!!!!"

She also told me that he is not very tall.  She's 5'7" and said that in shoes he was maybe an inch taller than herself.   I had asked because I've seen IMDB give different heights in his stats.   At one point they said he's 5'10", which apparently isn't true at all! LOL!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
« Reply #116 on: February 24, 2010, 08:53:20 PM »
My roommate from college had a great story about her parents, although I'm not sure if they got an autograph. They were on their honeymoon, on the last day, and were trying to get a couple pictures in (I think they were in North Carolina). A man came up behind them and asked if they'd like him to take their picture. It was Sean Connery!

I'm pretty sure they got pictures with him too.
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

PeasNCues

• Mind your PeasNCues!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2010, 09:21:00 PM »
My roommate from college had a great story about her parents, although I'm not sure if they got an autograph. They were on their honeymoon, on the last day, and were trying to get a couple pictures in (I think they were in North Carolina). A man came up behind them and asked if they'd like him to take their picture. It was Sean Connery!

I'm pretty sure they got pictures with him too.

I would faint. Can you imagine that *voice* coming from be hind you.

As my sister would say, he could read to me from a phone book and I'd be enraptured. LMAO
'I shall sit here quietly by the fire for a bit, and perhaps go out later for a sniff of air.  Mind your Ps and Qs, and don't forget that you are supposed to be escaping in secret, and are still on the high-road and not very far from the Shire!' -FOTR

http://inanitiesofanidlemind.blogspot.com/

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #118 on: February 24, 2010, 09:34:38 PM »
I think I'd be struck dumb with true shock and awe! LOL!

Sean Connery has a great voice, doesn't he? 

I'm in awe of anyone who can speak without getting tongue tied when meeting their favorite celebrity.  I swear I'd be either rendered speechless or babble like a moron if I got the chance to meet Johnny Depp! LOL!

The friend who met him insists that I wouldn't have as hard a time as I think, as he's very easy to talk to because he's so down to earth.   I'll believe it when I see it! LOL!   Unlike me, she doesn't have a shy bone in her body.

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2010, 04:37:06 AM »
I think I'd be struck dumb with true shock and awe! LOL!

Sean Connery has a great voice, doesn't he? 

I'm in awe of anyone who can speak without getting tongue tied when meeting their favorite celebrity.  I swear I'd be either rendered speechless or babble like a moron if I got the chance to meet Johnny Depp! LOL!

The friend who met him insists that I wouldn't have as hard a time as I think, as he's very easy to talk to because he's so down to earth.   I'll believe it when I see it! LOL!   Unlike me, she doesn't have a shy bone in her body.

I did this with Harry Connick Jr...twice.
The first time I touched his hand and wouldn't let go.  Uh can I have my hand back?!!.    Oops  :-[
The second time he asked if he can keep my pen.   Uh wha wha what...... Ok never mind. 
I'm a dill!!  :-[  :D
Stewart/Colbert '16