Author Topic: Autograph Stories  (Read 30353 times)

MizB

Re: Autograph Stories
« Reply #165 on: October 20, 2010, 03:13:42 PM »
That's awesome! I am so glad to hear how awesome he is bc I've always liked him.
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’  attributed to Edmund Burke 1729-1797

JocelynCS

• Mom of 3 fluffies!
« Reply #166 on: October 20, 2010, 10:04:54 PM »
Toryyyyyy!!!!!  *WUV!*  ENVY!

I am envious.

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBAa6CvY-TQ
« Reply #167 on: October 21, 2010, 05:57:39 AM »
Tom Robbins and Tom Selleck.

Tom Robbins at a book signing - very, very nice guy.

Tom Selleck - one of the nicest people I have ever met - celebrity or otherwise. We were living in Hawaii - my dad was in the Marine Corps and they needed some military extras in some of the episodes from Magnum PI (season 6, I believe), so he was helping out. My mom took us to pick him up from the set one day and we got to go in and watch part of the taping. Dad brought him over and introduced him to all of us. He gave me a signed photograph and then kissed me on the cheek (SWOON)! I was all of 8 years old and that was the most exciting moment of my life to that point.

He was even dreamier in person!! Later that same year, he attended an air show on the base where we were stationed. He recognized my dad, who was there as an officiant, and asked him if he could come over to where he was sitting and meet his parents. How many celebrities do you know who would be that personable?

Oohh! I love Tom Selleck. I'm so jealous.
Stewart/Colbert '16

Lexophile

« Reply #168 on: October 21, 2010, 04:36:21 PM »
Yeah - I joked with my dad years later that meeting him actually made my crush on him worse. I wouldn't have been such an ardent admirer if he had been the least bit of a jerk, but everything about him - the way he carried himself, the way he treated everyone around him - was just plain classy. The guy obviously didn't hold himself above anybody.
"Submission to what people call their 'lot' is simply ignoble. If your lot makes you cry and be wretched, get rid of it and take another." - Elizabeth von Arnim

McCutieBelle

« Reply #169 on: October 22, 2010, 11:15:23 AM »
I LOVE when that happens, I like it when actors can be appreciative of where they come from etc.. and remember they are still human beings like the rest of us :)

I have a few stories like that too
"Life's like an hour glass glued to the table and no one can find the rewind button boy. So cradle your head in your hands and breathe"

Nibsey

« Reply #170 on: October 22, 2010, 01:22:23 PM »
I LOVE when that happens, I like it when actors can be appreciative of where they come from etc.. and remember they are still human beings like the rest of us :)

I have a few stories like that too

And you're not telling them because??? ;D
“I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.”- Douglas Adams
Éire (Ireland)

McCutieBelle

« Reply #171 on: October 22, 2010, 01:34:46 PM »
Aren't you all sick of my "I met Zach Quinto and he is a sweetheart" stories LOL :) He always stops to talk to people, is very appreciative of whatever he gets and suggested a good place for me to eat when I was hungry, he said it was one of his favorite places and I could get cheap and good food to eat :) My burger was only 4 bucks! My friend now asks me if I often go to "our" place :rolls: silly gal.

Christian Borle of Legally Blonde fame was covered in pizza when I met him and was very chatty and had pizza and stage makeup on him, he did not seem put off by it, and he approached me.. odd!

My old boss told me a story once when she was in NYC, it started raining and a man came up to her and said "get under my umbrella, you are going to get soaked" and walked her to the subway station. That man was Tom Hanks!

Recently I got to meet Sara Rameriez from Greys Anatomy. She performed in a concert and after all these people wanted pics and autographs, I had nothing like that, the camera on my phone was even broke and she turned to me while I was grabbing some water and I smiled at her, she smiled back and I said "I have nothin... but I wanted to tell you that I enjoyed the show so much, and it was a pleasure to see you perform" she gave me a big hug and we talked for a couple minutes about theatre and living in NYC, it was really sweet.

"Life's like an hour glass glued to the table and no one can find the rewind button boy. So cradle your head in your hands and breathe"

Ponytail_Palm

« Reply #172 on: October 23, 2010, 12:17:06 AM »
Aren't you all sick of my "I met Zach Quinto and he is a sweetheart" stories LOL :) He always stops to talk to people, is very appreciative of whatever he gets and suggested a good place for me to eat when I was hungry, he said it was one of his favorite places and I could get cheap and good food to eat :) My burger was only 4 bucks! My friend now asks me if I often go to "our" place :rolls: silly gal.

I am sooo jealous! He is my fav actor, such a cutie. ;D I'm glad to hear he's a nice guy!

McCutieBelle

« Reply #173 on: October 23, 2010, 08:15:49 AM »
My pleasure, he is a sweetheart, and even more handsome in person! :)

Nibsey

« Reply #174 on: October 23, 2010, 10:31:12 AM »

I'll never get sick of hearing a Zach Quinto is gorgeous, nice and knows where to get a good hamburger story.  >:D The only 'celebrities' I ever see, and I use the word loosely, are Jim Corr and Tommy Tiernan, and I don't think I can use those descriptors for them  :P lol
“I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.”- Douglas Adams
Éire (Ireland)

McCutieBelle

« Reply #175 on: October 23, 2010, 11:33:00 AM »
good :) maybe I'll have one tonight if I get to see angels for my birthday today!!!

ETA- I did get to see Angels, and it was awesome. I also thought of Ehell too, because everyone was very polite in the line to wait for tickets.. I have encountered some nastiness when trying to get into seeing a sold out show AND after the show I saw some of the cast and ONE of the gentleman removed his hat before giving me a hug and chatting with me, could have been a coincidence but it just seemed very EHell approved.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 10:24:22 AM by BdwayBella585 »

KCee

« Reply #176 on: October 23, 2010, 03:53:38 PM »
I just asked for my first autograph!

This past Tuesday night, a few friends and I went to the Comedy Cellar in NYC and saw a number of comics including Godfrey and Judah Friedlander (from 30 Rock and a lot of movies).  After the show we went upstairs to the connecting bar to have a few drinks and were pleasantly surprised to see all the comics hanging out.  I mentioned I had never gotten anyone's autograph before and decided to go ask Judah Friedlander.  I approached him, got the autograph, he asked me to buy his book and briefly introduced the people he was standing with "Cliff and John."  Of course I recognized his friend John...John Mayer. I was slightly thrilled to randomly see John Mayer but didn't say anything besides "Hi" since he was clearly just hanging out, probably not looking to be bothered.

It's good to be Queen

« Reply #177 on: October 26, 2010, 12:20:14 PM »
My uncle was a deputy sheriff and was working an event that featured Ann-Margaret.  He approached her and told her that he had served in Viet Nam and how much he appreciated her USO tours.  She was so gracious and said that she always liked meeting "her gentlemen" from the service.  She took a picture with him and gave him an autograph and they had a nice conversation about the USO show he had seen telling him funny stories about Bob Hope and some of the other performers.

My story is that I went to a Mandy Patinken concert with a friend who is a HUGE fan.  We went to the stage door and eventually were let in backstage with about 15-20 other people who were waiting.  Mandy talked to everyone, took pictures, signed autographs, and was generally charming.  What a great experience!