Author Topic: Good Kids  (Read 1050 times)

LissaR1

Good Kids
« on: May 22, 2007, 09:12:39 PM »
I just wanted to share these two little incidents that happened today:

I took my 1.5 year old son to the park today.  While we were there, there was a 3 year old boy playing.  Without prompting from his mother, he offered to share his cars with my son.  For an older kid, I wouldn't have thought much of it, but for a kid that little to voluntarily share... I was impressed.  (Son did need a little prompting to give the cars back though! :) )

The second happened after this family left and a new family came.  A young girl (maybe 7-8) was very taken with my son, and spent a lot of time helping him play on the equipment.  I realize she had fun doing it, but the way she did it was so sweet.  Too bad she's too young to be a babysitter for real!

It was just nice to see such nice kids (from two separate families) out there.  :)

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
Re: Good Kids
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 09:03:00 PM »
Doesn't it warm the heart when we see young children playing nicely together and see older children helping younger children? 

What you've described, LissaR1, is the sort of thing most of us here at Etiquette-43LL would like to see. May we hear more of stories like yours.     

Sabbyfrog2

• Super Hero!
  • I'm a Super Hero! Now where's my cape?
Re: Good Kids
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 02:58:21 PM »
That is toooo cute.  I love it when they do that. One of the twin boys I use to nanny for would hold hands of the other little girls at the park and go down the slide with them, (although I think that may have been his way of flirting). He and his brother would also share their snacks and toys that they had brought with them. One time, one of them even help up another little boy when he fell down. It made my smile! :)