Author Topic: 25th Birthday Celebration Suggestions?  (Read 1679 times)

Sefie

25th Birthday Celebration Suggestions?
« on: May 22, 2007, 10:32:47 PM »
Hi all,

My 25th birthday is coming up in about three weeks, and I'm stuck for ideas for how I'd like to celebrate it.  Generally, birthdays in my social group are celebrated by just going out for dinner, or organising a daytime meetup with various hobby groups.  I'm not particularly close to my family, though Mr Sefie's family almost always celebrates their birthdays just with family members - to which I am happily invited, and enjoy going to.

I kind of see 25 as a "milestone" birthday, so I'm wondering whether a hobby group meetup will "cut it".  These meetups usually mean meeting up in the city, having lunch in a mid-range restaurant (the hobbies themselves are expensive, so we spend our money on them, rather than social costs!) and sitting around and chatting.  There's a lot of overlap of group members, so I see these people fairly often.  On the other hand, I'd like to have the family and non-hobby friends involved in the celebration, since they're important to me too.  If I invited everyone I'm thinking of, there'd probably be about 30 people coming (10ish people from each group, plus 6 family members).

Our house is probably big enough to house everyone, but as my birthday's in winter, it will be rather crowded if the weather's bad.  We might also have problems with catering, because we can't really use the outside barbecue if it's raining.

At my last birthday, we had a "How to Host a Murder" type party that I had written.  My creativity levels are rather low, so I'd rather not have to try and write another one in three weeks, especially since I'd have to choose who the "players" would be this time.  That being said, it was incredibly well-received, and I know a place that I can buy the games online.  Problem is, I don't think the family members would really enjoy that sort of thing, since they're very quiet people and don't like being in the spotlight.

Sooooo.  Any suggestions on what to do?  I suppose I could have either multiple parties (yeek), or have an extended party where certain groups showed up at different times (yeeeeeek), but I don't want to look like I'm trying be a diva.  Maybe I'll just do the equivalent of eloping, and make Mr Sefie take me out to a high class restaurant where we can act like we ate there all the time  :-X
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 11:18:17 PM by Sefie »

bopper

• Super Hero!
Re: 25th Birthday Celebration Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 11:07:54 PM »
How about:

"So Mr. Sefie...what kind of party are you throwing me for my 25th?"

Sefie

Re: 25th Birthday Celebration Suggestions?
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 11:17:33 PM »
Funnily enough, we normally take turns planning each other's birthday parties :P  ;D
This year, he fobbed it off on me because it's a "milestone", and therefore, I should plan it.  He's turning 30 next year, so he has to plan his own milestone :P