Hostesses With The Mostest > Entertaining and Hospitality

New Party Game - Worth a Shot?

(1/3) > >>

Ondine:
My friend Jess and I love to throw parties - we both love to cook and entertain guests. We never have problems picking dates, creating a menu or finding a place to have the parties. Our biggest issue is how we entertain our guests.

In the past, we've just watched movies or played the game "Scene It?" but that gets old pretty fast. We came up with a new game tonight, and I'd like your feedback.

All of the guests at our parties like watching movies. A lot of them can even quote the movies they like. We decided to create a game where someone names the title of a movie and two people start saying quotes from that movie back and forth. Then a third person comes in and starts quoting a different movie and the players must give quotes from the new movie. Whoever can't think of a quote at that time sits out, but they are more than welcome to jump in at any other time and quote another movie.

How does this sound?

AprilRenee:
That sounds good, but it might be easier if you created groups. and a score system.

You can make it so one team challenges the other team to quote a movie and the other team must come up with as many quotes as possible. You could score it as "1-3 quotes 1 point, 3-5 quotes 2 points" and so on.

Ondine:
Thanks. I've also decided that the players should just shout out any quote as long as it's from that movie - not in sequence cause then it may be really hard to remember.

melodrama:
If you're dealing with real movie buffs, the obsessive kind who can rattle off a list of actors in a given movie (who me?  nonono...) here's a fun game for a group:

One person starts by saying the name of a movie
Next person names an actor in that movie
Next person names another movie that actor was in
Next person names a different actor that was in movie 2
and so on...

If I name a movie, and you can't think of another actor in that movie, you can challenge me to come up with a name.  If I can't I've been stumped!  If I can name someone else, and the group agrees that this is correct, you've been stumped!

No actor or movie repeats in the same round.  The round ends when someone is stumped.  The stumper gets a point and play begins again with the stumpee.

You can make rules:  No movies with subtitles (or only subtitled movies!), no movies that haven't actually opened yet, etc...

Ondine:

--- Quote from: melodrama on May 23, 2007, 03:49:48 PM ---If you're dealing with real movie buffs, the obsessive kind who can rattle off a list of actors in a given movie (who me?  nonono...) here's a fun game for a group:

One person starts by saying the name of a movie
Next person names an actor in that movie
Next person names another movie that actor was in
Next person names a different actor that was in movie 2
and so on...

If I name a movie, and you can't think of another actor in that movie, you can challenge me to come up with a name.  If I can't I've been stumped!  If I can name someone else, and the group agrees that this is correct, you've been stumped!

No actor or movie repeats in the same round.  The round ends when someone is stumped.  The stumper gets a point and play begins again with the stumpee.

You can make rules:  No movies with subtitles (or only subtitled movies!), no movies that haven't actually opened yet, etc...

--- End quote ---

This sounds like an even better idea - and it would probably work with movies and television. I was a little leary of quoting tv shows, because I am not a huge tv watcher, and unless the quote was something specific that was said in every single episode, the game could become very complicated. (and if this makes sense to anyone, you get a gold star. :))

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version