Author Topic: Concert v Party  (Read 5965 times)

Allyson

Re: Concert v Party
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2009, 09:08:54 PM »
Now I'm curious as to what the concert was! Hope it was good.

That just seems so odd to me. Even if it were my best friend, if she'd made plans for a concert that involved travelling and she had made the plans before my party, I just can't imagine letting myself say anything more than 'oh, I'm really sorry you can't make it, you'll be missed'. Did she expect you to realise, after weeks of passive aggressive remarks, "Oh, I DO want to go to your party!" I do not understand that mindset at all.

In my view, I only want people at events who really want to be there. We've had issues in our group before with people who come to a planned event and then make it *really* obvious they don't want to be there, and it's such a chore, and so on. This, to me, is so much ruder than telling someone you can't make it. For any reason, even if it's "I want to play games on Facebook and play with my cat."

Hanna

• Super Hero!
    • RumorsAboutMe
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2009, 02:16:01 PM »
I can't imagine expecting new co-workers to drop everything for a "big celebration of me".  Is she the type to meet a person and immediately start calling them "My best friend"?

Since we are at eHell, I can't call your response polite since here we don't condone "responding in kind", but in the real-world it was completely warranted.
;)

wendelenn

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2009, 02:22:29 PM »
Now I'm curious as to what the concert was! Hope it was good.

It was a Brooks and Dunn concert and it was AWESOME!!  ;D
OK that sounds great and you get double excuse points because (sniff) they won't be together any more soon. . .
"I don't mean to be rude", he began, in a tone that threatened rudeness in every syllable.

"--yet sadly, accidental rudeness occurs alarmingly often," Dumbledore finished the sentence gravely.  "Best to say nothing at all."