Etiquette School is in session! > The Ehell Guide to Never Behaving Badly

Facebook Etiquette

<< < (8/9) > >>

Sharnita:
He told you he ntends to insult people until/unless you block him - I'd block him.  He seems aware of and OK with the prospect.  (I think it is possible he might take pride in "scaring people/winning arguments" so successfully that he forced you to take action)

JonGirl:

I'm sick of people requesting games to me.
I don't want to play so just stop it, yeah?

Yvaine:

--- Quote from: JeseC on January 26, 2013, 06:53:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: Cz. Burrito on December 30, 2009, 03:00:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: blarg314 on December 21, 2009, 03:17:16 AM ---There is no rule that requires people to *not* comment on a posted link or item.

--- End quote ---

I was shocked that this needed to be stated, until I heard one of the DJs on the radio this morning complaining about "serial commenters" who comment on every status update.  Really?  You posted something in public and are upset to be getting attention for it?!

--- End quote ---

I think the best rule for this is to apply the same rules to facebook comments as you would to conversations in a public place.  It is not typically rude to jump into a conversation between acquaintances, but insisting on being part of every conversation might be in bad taste.  Especially if you have nothing of substance to add to that particular conversation.  Similarly, don't hijack facebook conversations to be about your pet topic - I've known of a few people on fb who have the tendency to do this.

--- End quote ---

Oh goodness yes. You can't have a comment thread about a fluffy fun topic without some of these FBers wandering in to berate you for talking about this when there's world hunger or war or high fructose corn syrup.

Sharnita:

--- Quote from: JonGirl on February 26, 2013, 05:10:59 AM ---

--- End quote ---

Those are likely autorequests done by fb and the game.  They are done periodically as the person plays, they don't pick and choose who sees them.

diesel_darlin:

--- Quote from: JonGirl on February 26, 2013, 05:10:59 AM ---

--- End quote ---

I block the games. Go to your App Center, and there is a little X in the top corner of the game request. You will then be given the option to ignore the request, block the game, or ignore all future requests from whomever sent you the request. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version