Hostesses With The Mostest > Entertaining and Hospitality

How do I make my housemates tidy up?

(1/5) > >>

blue_bunny_paz:
My housemates are beyond slobs. Currently, one has left chicken bones all over the floor, trashed the bathroom adn he smells so bad you can tell which route he took out of the house five hours later. The other leaves mess everywhere. Literally I popped upstairs while the iron heated up and there was stuff all over the ironing board when I came back.

They won't tidy up and if I tidy up they trash it again. I tidied the bathroom this morning and already it has toilet rolls ont eh floor, beard shavigns all over the sink, a filthy bath, a wet towel on the floor and a un-flushed toilet.

I have friends round next week and I need the place tidy. What can I do?

Before I called in a cleaner and charged it to them but they didn't pay and just messed up the house again within a day.

Any ideas?

cicero:
and you are living with them...because???

you can't MAKE grown ups do anything that they don't want to do. can you move out? or move them out?

Sibby:
Shovel it all into his room, daily.  Yes it's still work on your part but at least he will be hteone to deal with it, not the whole home.
In the meantime, find a new roommate or a new home.

Mazdoy:

--- Quote from: Sibby on May 25, 2007, 09:44:46 AM ---Shovel it all into his room, daily.  Yes it's still work on your part but at least he will be hteone to deal with it, not the whole home.
In the meantime, find a new roommate or a new home.

--- End quote ---

This works!!

One of my housemates at university never washed pots and pans after he used them so in the end the rest of us used to dump them on his bed.  He soon got the message.

Deetee:
Sounds dreadful.

If moving out is not an option. I vote for buying a few largish tupperwares and one or twice a week (give the housemates warning) throw everything into the tupperwares and leave them in their rooms (or dump them in their rooms so you get the tupperware back).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version