Author Topic: how to freeze lasagna  (Read 2691 times)

chigger

how to freeze lasagna
« on: May 25, 2007, 06:12:36 PM »
is it better to freeze unbaked or baked? Reason I'm asking is I actually had some leftovers and if I freeze it, I wouldn't know how in the world to reheat without drying it out.  I'm used to having at least 6, but am now down to three.  Lasagna isn't something you can make alittle of. Thanks.

blarg314

• Super Hero!
Re: how to freeze lasagna
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 04:11:11 AM »

I freeze it cooked and cut into single portions - wrap well in plastic wrap or foil.

If you find it's a bit dry when reheated you can add a little bit of water to the pan before heating in the oven or container in the microwave - just a little.

lolane

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 02:16:09 AM »
I freeze it cooked. I feeze it in one of those food saver machines and then I boil the package to reheat. The lasagna comes out messy, but moist and delicious.

SweetTinkerbelle

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 07:43:05 AM »
Do not freeze unbaked!  I did that once and the noodles got all funky.  Still edible, but I wouldn't do that again.  My mom always cooks it halfway before freezing, and her lasagna is yummy.

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 07:46:35 AM »
I add a little bit of water and sauce when reheating frozen lasagna.

I've had no trouble freezing an uncooked pan either, but I use the no-boil noodles and follow the cook times on the package.