Author Topic: I need a punch  (Read 1932 times)

Just Lori

• USA
I need a punch
« on: May 25, 2007, 07:38:09 PM »
No, really, I do.  We're celebrating my husband's grandma's 91st birthday, and I want a recipe that uses 7-up, some sort of fruit juices and sherbet.  Also, how do you make the ice ring?  Do you free some punch ahead of time in a bundt can?

Does anyone have a good punch recipe?

jais

• Super Hero!
  • Two Friends. Two Hearts. One Promise. One Love.
Re: I need a punch
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 07:50:26 PM »
I've always seen it with 7up and *any* flavor sherbet. though I'm partial to lime and raspberry.  I think it's 3 parts soda to 1 part sherbet IIRC.  I've never seen it with an actual flavored ice ring, I thought that was part of the sherbet.  BUT, I think making one batch before just to make ice rings would be a great idea.  :)

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 11:06:13 PM »
Great.  Now I'm going to be singing the Hawaiian Punch song the rest of the night! :D

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 08:09:35 AM »
can you use alcohol? i always make a sangria type punch - soak fruit overnight in dry red wine, then mix it in the punch bowl with soda (like 7UP) and fruit juice.

my mother used to make punch "rings" in bundt-type pans, with juice, fruit, etc

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

chigger

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 10:44:51 AM »
I make my ice rings with 7 up or gingerale in a bundt pan and add some fresh fruit.

Phoebe

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 11:34:11 PM »
My sister makes a great one with ginger ale, hawaiian punch, and pineapple juice.  She uses more punch in one of those copper jello ring molds that you sometimes see hanging in kitchens and puts maraschino cherries in them before they go in the freezer.  Sometimes she adds sherbet, sometimes not.  (Each batch is a 2 litre bottle of ginger ale, a large can of punch, and half a large can of pineapple juice).

jais

• Super Hero!
  • Two Friends. Two Hearts. One Promise. One Love.
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 07:13:23 AM »
My sister makes a great one with ginger ale, hawaiian punch, and pineapple juice.  She uses more punch in one of those copper jello ring molds that you sometimes see hanging in kitchens and puts maraschino cherries in them before they go in the freezer.  Sometimes she adds sherbet, sometimes not.  (Each batch is a 2 litre bottle of ginger ale, a large can of punch, and half a large can of pineapple juice).

I remember this one!  I love it because it's so tangy!  ;D

Careful with it, though.  It stains, watch your tablecloth and the children.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 07:14:54 AM by jais »

MrsP81

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 08:12:12 PM »
1 can frozen OJ
1 can frozen lemonade
pineapple juice
sprite
coconut rum (optional but delicious)

laysea

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 11:16:16 AM »
This punch recipe always gets raves.

Almond Punch

1 64 oz 7-up or Sprite
1 64 oz ginger Ale
1 64 oz Ocean Spray Cranberry Jucie Cocktail
1 oz Pure Almond Extract
1 Cup of Sugar
Pinapple Sherbert (Optional)

Put the sugar in the punch bowl first, because if you put it in last the punch will foam over the top of the bowl.  Mix all together and serve.  The almond gives this punch a really great flavor.

kkl123

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 08:48:19 PM »
1 large can pineapple juice
1 2 liter bottle of gingerale or 7-up
1 qt pineapple sherbert, softened

Stir juice and sherbert together, stir into gingerale (gets quite foamy, so leave headspace!)

Mint and slices of oranges and lemons  in an ice ring is a nice touch for this one.